Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

08/09 Title Challengers!!!!

Tactics for me play a massive part of the game, depends on players, the fitness, the squad lots of factors but you see even the big teams using differing tactics against each other, take Arsenal a great footballing team playing a very defensive system against Man Utd a few years ago to take it to penalties.

Managers should do what they need to do to win. No reply from anyone at KTFC thanking Hector for changing their fortunes.

Lots of football talk on here now very good. Who won tonight Wader?

i think my perception of seeing tactics as overrated is based on a narrow view of the word.

playing to strengths? yes thats valuable, stoke city with the long throw fella and getting guys in the box . spurs, and erm, erm oh bugger.

get the ball to your best players, keep it away from theirs, its a simple game really.

score more goals!

Just stick it in the net or kick them! grin

I love this footy game. I employ the greatest of tactics and am invariably let down. Would i be let down even more without them? That is the chicken and the egg question wink

You mentioned Ossie Ardilles earlier TSF, ooOOoo that took me back to the good old days. Mind you, i'd rather our little old English football leagues didn't import foreign genius to the game... He was a wonder to behold.

Bosman, you talk a good game, but as much as you and rhodes try to make Hector the man who got kentish promoted, i think not, and as ive stated in the past, i wish him well for the future and shock his hand when we met at Haringay, why has he left the club that he joined at the start of the new season, seems strange to leave so soon, specially as Rhodesy was making him their saviour, something must have gone wrong, (im just guessing now. How is the emerald isle these days bosman.

Tiger, Look at the stats I posted I think he must have done something to help you guys to the title as prior to his appointment KTFC were way off the pace for the league titles or promotions.

I'm sure you have done something too within KTFC to help the good fortunes of the club, but on the football tactical and football coaching skills Hector brought a new dimension to the club which helped KTFC win the title and now has now left an impression which is obviously carrying on into this season which sees you up at the top of the table.

I dont know why Hector left his new club, I think Rhodesy may be able to answer that, I believe he has answered that already on this forum somewhere.

The emerald isle is a great place but too cold, Kenya & Colombia were my latest trips thats more like it!

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

Wader - I assume you are referring to Hector severing ties at King George's Field recently which I thought was common knowledge by now. Corinthian-Casuals know full well that they will never get promoted to the Ryman Premier Division, the policy of the Club is to retain players from within their youth development structure and therefore can

Originally Posted By: Wader
Bravery Rhodes (some might call it something else) for sticking your head over the parapet so early in the season. I will gladly remind you of it when you are proved right come April. Similarly if you are proved wrong. Just a few questions if I may.

1- Are your comments about a low standard throughout the division based on the one or two matches you have actually seen or a network of spies you have set up?

2- Can you confirm that the standard is low in your opinion based purely on the fact that one team hasn't raced ahead by miles already despite only 6.73 league matches on average having been played by each team.

3- On the premise that Lee Scott will return to KT after his spell of bird, is that the champions prediction clincher?

4- Are there any other get out clauses or 'small print' additions that you wish to attach to your prediction now for the sake of clarity and to avoid any confusion at a later date?

Wader - I didn't intentionally avoid your post, I was busy defending Hector to the hilt and to be honest I was in shock that you broke your boycott and made such a post. In answer to your questions:
1. Both, from what I've seen so far the standard was far higher in Division 1 last season.
2. You normally get one team stand out like a sore thumb from the rest at this early stage of the campaign but that hasn't been the case this time around other than Kentish Town's refreshing and somewhat cavalier style, twice scoring six away from home.
3. Surely that goes without saying, indeed his Court case is on Monday when I fully expect him to get off scott (sorry) free, then all I can say, if indeed he decides to return to Kentish Town, is be afraid be very afraid. Incredibly he may not even be guaranteed a place in the team straight away.
4. In the post above regarding Corinthian-Casuals I suggested that Biggleswade Town were already home and hosed however from what I hear you haven't hit the ground running by any means and are very average at the moment despite your wage bill, I'll have a considerable wager that Kentish Town finish above you this season.

Our big wage bill? Nothing other than pure speculation on your part - again..

I have to say that when you have a nice home ground with all the trimmings it's easier to attract good players. That doesn't mean you have to pay a big wage bill, just a big mortgage grin

I see you mentioning Hector again. I was talking to a manager from south of the river a week or so ago (very long chat), he gave me chapter and verse War & Peace style on Hector and Corinthian Causals. Although he knew what had happened he didn't have a clue where Hector had come from and who he was. I told him he was a South American singer grin

snaphector1.jpg

Our big wage bill? Nothing other than pure speculation on your part - again.

So what about Gavin's claims that you had a wage bill of 2k a week last season, I assume that has increased this season in your desparate push for the Ryman League

Dreamworld. If I had a wage bill of 2k - 2.5k a week at my disposal the team would be challenging for a play-off place in Ryman Prem! Talk of other teams wage bill is always rife, most of us aren't that gauche to spill the rumours on here. But I have heard that Colney Heath have a million pounds a week available. Whether that's true or not I haven't a clue grin

Dreamworld. If I had a wage bill of 2k - 2.5k a week at my disposal the team would be challenging for a play-off place in Ryman Prem! Talk of other teams wage bill is always rife, most of us aren't that gauche to spill the rumours on here. But I have heard that Colney Heath have a million pounds a week available. Whether that's true or not I haven't a clue grin

No Wader, I think you find that is incorrect.
I have it on good authority that the chairman has capped it at

I was talking to a manager from south of the river a week or so ago (very long chat), he gave me chapter and verse War & Peace style on Hector and Corinthian Causals

Wader - He must be a pretty knowledgeable Manager then if he didn't even know where Hector had come from, does he have a Club in the Ryman League Division 1 South. He will have no doubt told you then that Hector was sold a pup when he agreed to take the job at Corinthian Casuals, he was under the impression that he could bring in some of his players who have taken Colombia to three consecutive Inner City World Cup Finals and who are Conference and League standard however the Club didn't want to know.

All well and good Rhodes, but getting the players that were there fit in pre-season might have been a good start.

Wader - What are you talking about, Corinthian-Casuals must have had more pre-season friendlies than any other Club in Britain including a two match tour of North Wales where they played Welsh Premier Division outfit Prestatyn Town.