Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

08/09 Title Challengers!!!!

Yes very much so, I'm surprised Willo the Cat hasn't commented as he has been on today, obviously a great deal hinges on Lee being at the Copthall Stadium next season as opposed to the Abrahams Stadium!

Originally Posted By: kentish_town
rhodes just thought id let you know that Lee Scott is staying so im sorry to dissapoint you oh and Aaron Hutchings is training with us and nazer and xavier are staying so everything is looking
really good thanks.

and Kev makes first class bacon sarnies! smile

Originally Posted By: kentish_town
rhodes just thought id let you know that Lee Scott is staying so im sorry to dissapoint you oh and Aaron Hutchings is training with us and nazer and xavier are staying so everything is looking
really good thanks

Why do you say that, obviously I want to see 'us' do well next season in the Premier Division and I think 'we' will particularly if, as you say, Lee is staying

• 2 months later...
Originally Posted By: Football Man

1 Biggleswade Town
2 Berkhamsted Town
3 Chalfont St Peter
4 Hertford Town
5 Broxbourne Borough V & E
6 Harefield Utd
7 Hanwell Town
8 Leverstock Green
9 Colney Heath
10 St Margaretsbury
11 Brimsdown Rovers
12 Cockfosters
13 Haringey Borough
14 Welwyn Garden City
15 Biggleswade Utd
16 Langford
17 Oxhey Jets
18 Aylesbury Vale
19 Tring Athletic
20 Kentish Town
21 Kingsbury London Tigers

Football Man - Would you care to revise your prediction, I think it shows just how much you know about the SSML. For me there is only one winner of the Premier Division this season and that's Kentish Town, twenty goals in their last five league games with Lee Scott still to return to the fold, it could be all over bar the shouting by Easter at this rate.

Yes agreed but what do you think of Football Man's ludicrous prediction, he couldn't be wider off the mark if he tried. From what I've seen so far, particulary last night at Hanwell, the Premier Division is of a poor quality this season and no team has really grabbed the bull by the horns early doors unlike in previous seasons with Beconsfield SYCOB, Edgware Town, Oxford City and, if I recall, Potters Bar Town who all ended up top of the pile come April. Kentish Town stand out for me and if I can somehow persuade Lee Scott to return to the fold shortly, prodigal son style, it will be a one horse race.

In fairness with the lack of a proper pre-season, I would have predicted the same.

Even more so after watching Kentish Town at Hertford. Well done though for proving us wrong !

Syd Lexic - Yes, can you imagine if Kentish Town had played three or four decent pre-season friendlies rather than none at all, I have it on good authority that the Club Secretary simply couldn't be arsed to arrange any. They would have certainly won at Hertford Town on the opening day and done a lot better at Kingsbury Town the following Tuesday although apparently Kingsbury were on fire that night.

Having seen Kentish Town at Cockfosters on Saturday, I would say they are definitely title contenders (even though Cockfosters were severely depleted on the day).

They're easily the best side we've played so far and we've played Langford, Harefield and Hanwell.

Kentish Town were always a good team when we played them in Div 1 a couple of years ago but they lacked a cutting edge which they seem to have now.

The only slight chink in their armour might be defensively. Good side though.

Bravery Rhodes (some might call it something else) for sticking your head over the parapet so early in the season. I will gladly remind you of it when you are proved right come April. Similarly if you are proved wrong. Just a few questions if I may.

1- Are your comments about a low standard throughout the division based on the one or two matches you have actually seen or a network of spies you have set up?

2- Can you confirm that the standard is low in your opinion based purely on the fact that one team hasn't raced ahead by miles already despite only 6.73 league matches on average having been played by each team.

3- On the premise that Lee Scott will return to KT after his spell of bird, is that the champions prediction clincher?

4- Are there any other get out clauses or 'small print' additions that you wish to attach to your prediction now for the sake of clarity and to avoid any confusion at a later date?

Originally Posted By: The Watchfull Listener
And who is your 'Good Authority' source then Rhodes?

Dave - No other than 'the great one' if you must know who was at a total loss as to why no decent pre-season friendlies had been properly arranged.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Yes agreed but what do you think of Football Man's ludicrous prediction, he couldn't be wider off the mark if he tried. From what I've seen so far, particulary last night at Hanwell, the Premier Division is of a poor quality this season and no team has really grabbed the bull by the horns early doors unlike in previous seasons with Beconsfield SYCOB, Edgware Town, Oxford City and, if I recall, Potters Bar Town who all ended up top of the pile come April. Kentish Town stand out for me and if I can somehow persuade Lee Scott to return to the fold shortly, prodigal son style, it will be a one horse race.

Don't know about FM's prediction but I know mine are top of the table stuff! evil

Originally Posted By: Reds76
Having seen Kentish Town at Cockfosters on Saturday, I would say they are definitely title contenders (even though Cockfosters were severely depleted on the day).
They're easily the best side we've played so far and we've played Langford, Harefield and Hanwell.
Kentish Town were always a good team when we played them in Div 1 a couple of years ago but they lacked a cutting edge which they seem to have now.The only slight chink in their armour might be defensively. Good side though.

Reds76 - It's great to welcome you back into the fold as I don't think you have posted for a year. The cutting edge that you mention is all down to 'the great one' and the now sadly departed Hector Varela who laid the foundations last season which the Club haven't needed to change all that much, if at all, and they are now reaping the rewards. They also installed a far more professional and harder working ethic last season which wasn't there previously, take Hector's two tactical dossiers for the Royston and Hoddesdon games for example as that wouldn't have been even dreamt of previously. I have to say I was very disappointed with Cockfosters on Saturday but I hope you can improve, you seem to blowing hot and cold so far this season.

The Kentish Town game was very much a case of us 'blowing cold'!

Yes, we're very inconsistent due mainly to the squad being very young, apart from a couple of players. Some of the key men who helped us out of Div 1 have left and not really been replaced.

But on our day we can compete with anyone and should hopefully be comfortably clear of relegation come May - and hopefully another couple of cup runs.

Yeah, I haven't posted for ages - I'm not on here much - but it seems to have gone quiet generally...