Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hertford Town

I note from the Non League Today paper that Hertford Town celebrated their Centenary yesterday and Ossie Ardiles and Ricky Villa were present at Hertingfordbury Park for the visit of high flying Harefield United, surely Horace and HTFCew finally swallowed their pride and paid a visit to their former spiritual home.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I note from the Non League Today paper that Hertford Town celebrated their Centenary yesterday and Ossie Ardiles and Ricky Villa were present at Hertingfordbury Park for the visit of high flying Harefield United.

If that is what the Non League Today paper reported it is very very poor journalism.

Eagle - Well that's exactly what was reported, did you not get Non League Today yourself on Sunday or flick through it in Tesco's or Morrison's so you wouldn't need to fork out the

Unsurprisingly without Horace at the Club the report from yesterdays game is not on the Hertford Town Website as yet but I have it on good authority that Baby Keeps made his first team bow for Biggleswade Town at the tender age of sixteen, well done to him.

Greg Dyke - It's okay, the report is now on the Website, better late than never:

http://www.hertfordtownfc.co.uk/biggthome29_11.htm

• 4 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Greg_Dyke
Disturbing news at Ware Town recently....lost almost an entire first team, after the departure of Glen Alzapedi..

Meanwhile HTFC go from strength to strength duck

Yes, don't remind Horace and HTFCew, it will ruin their Christmas.
According to the Non League Today website Alzapedi left Ware in a great position and the Club have hailed him as the best Manager they had in fifty years so I can't understand why players have left in their droves unless it's to follow him like sheep to Harlow:

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=54363

Yes but that's vey disloyal to Ware isn't it, look at the Hertford Town players such as Kevin Cooper who jumped ship when things were going badly a couple of months ago, how they must be regretting that decision now with Pablo Ardiles having transformed the Club.

Originally Posted By: Greg_Dyke
I think the expression is "like sheep to Wrexham...." but I take your point Rhodes.....i think the players leaving Ware shows where their loyalties lie...with Glen and not Ware FC...very understandable in my opinion

Very true Mr Dyke, especially as Ware were on a high with great league form & last seasons cup triumphs behind them. Very short sighted by the clubs committee, because the players bonuses were not exactly 'Kings Ransoms'.
I wouldn't deny everyone over Hertford having a crafty little snigger, after the Ware chairman made a couple of remarks about Hertford's situation earlier this season.
The truth is before Glen took over full charge, Ware were a bloody poor Ryman Div.2 side. He transformed them into a side that played avery quick tempo & attractive football& more importantly they used to win games ! Going to a club like Harlow with their new stadium, ambitious chairman & fan base, they can achieve much more than Ware were prepared to offer !

I half expected Horace and HTFCew to defect to Wodson Park following their falling out at Hertingfordbury Park earlier this season, it's certainly something I would have considered doing if I was them as after everything Horace in particular did for his beloved Hertford Town and the money he put into the Club he was treated appallingly like something the cat had dragged in.

I half expected Horace and HTFCew to defect to Wodson Park following their falling out at Hertingfordbury Park earlier this season, it's certainly something I would have considered doing if I was them as after everything Horace in particular did for his beloved Hertford Town and the money he put into the Club he was treated appallingly like something the cat had dragged in.

Where do you get all this stuff from Rhodes? Who treated me appallingly? I chose to walk away from Hertford Town - no-one treated me badly. If anything, those who remained were entitled to fell let down because I left! There's no wonder that you are such an object of mirth when you keep coming out with such unsubstantiated tripe!

There is no way that I would get involved with another club, please stop speculating !

Well you wouldn't have given us the satisfaction of leaving the comfort zone of your breakaway Forum to come on here if there was nothing in it. Why didn't the Club rally round you then and get down on bended knee to persuade you to stay, in that hard hitting Hertfordshire Mercury press article you sounded incandescent with rage following the appointment of that schoolboy Chairman who wanted a church side to groundshare however you didn't appear to be getting the support of other Club members such as Septimus and only your staunchest ally HTFCew walked out in support.

Well you wouldn't have given us the satisfaction of leaving the comfort zone of your breakaway Forum to come on here if there was nothing in it. Why didn't the Club rally round you then and get down on bended knee to persuade you to stay, in that hard hitting Hertfordshire Mercury press article you sounded incandescent with rage following the appointment of that schoolboy Chairman who wanted a church side to groundshare however you didn't appear to be getting the support of other Club members such as Septimus and only your staunchest ally HTFCew walked out in support.

You are unbelievable! If you don't know the facts you just make them up, and the dangerous part is that you post your tripe on here for other people to read.

So you're saying those aren't the facts, why not tell us what the facts are then and we'll see how they differ. My understanding is that you rightly threw all your toys out of the pram when the schoolboy arrived with his own agenda which you took objection to however you were the only one to make a stand whereas everybody else, other than HTFCew, burried their heads in the sand.

So you're saying those aren't the facts, why not tell us what the facts are then and we'll see how they differ. My understanding is that you rightly threw all your toys out of the pram when the schoolboy arrived with his own agenda which you took objection to however you were the only one to make a stand whereas everybody else, other than HTFCew, burried their heads in the sand.

You do too much "reading between the lines" for your own good, Rhodesy. "Your understanding", which is entirely a figment of your admittedly fertile imagination, is incorrect. I had reached a point where I wanted out, and I left. This caused a minor domino effect and several others left. Former chairman Mick Clarke came back, along with a number of other former committee people, and the club lived on. Don't you have any life beyond FansForum? Surely with 6 kids you should have spent much more time with them, rather than trying to whip up some interest on this dead forum? Are you going to Harlow to see your latest team tomorrow? I might go to that one to see Alzapiedi's Heroes - I understand that The Urchins have never scored there before?

Horace - Thanks for clarifying the position however I attach the press article in question from the Hertfordshire Mercury for those who didn't see it at the time and leave them to make up their own minds. If you are at Harlow tomorrow then we can discuss the matter face to face, man to man and try to put it to bed:

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/hertfordshiremercury-sport/displayarticle.asp?id=346376

Horace - Thanks for clarifying the position however I attach the press article in question from the Hertfordshire Mercury for those who didn't see it at the time and leave them to make up their own minds. If you are at Harlow tomorrow then we can discuss the matter face to face, man to man and try to put it to bed:

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/hertfordshiremercury-sport/displayarticle.asp?id=346376

I'll be there! you owe me a pint.