Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

KSC Final Score 4-0 to the Fleet

not sure about 2 players but maybe kezie ibe, everyone else was on contract.

superb 2nd half performance, kezia ibe was at chelmsford last season not sure if he has signed but you had to be a on contract to play today so who knows.

Dean Pooley has signed too but awaiting his work permit as he has been playing in Ireland.

had my picture with the big gash man too!!

match report here:

http://www.kentishfootball.co.uk/mambo/i...3&Itemid=38

this is my 2000 post as well excited

Originally Posted By: StuThompson
Originally Posted By: tobycw
Slow done. We played 2 ineligible players, cup rules say the game should be replayed (against Bromley).

Eh?

Think he means Cray played 2 ineligible players - if you look at his user name.

A solid performance against a side that looked a couple of divisions below us.

I thought Cray did pretty well for the first 70 minutes but fell apart after that which was to be expected.

A couple of things that made it worth while were the performances of Gash who may not have scored but managed to get himself into goalscoring positions which is a good sign. The back four looked strong. S-S-S-Shakes certainly has enough speed to worry defences at our level and the substitute, Ibe? looked more than useful and showed great awareness in setting up a couple of goals.

And that penalty was a real case of a referee buying an impression of a dying swan on Long's part...... "Oh, there's a trailing leg, I best fall over it!" Mind you, there was a stonewall one a couple of minutes later that was missed so justice was done I think!

One last thing, the "Gash" jokes were wearing a bit thing by the end so the singers amongst you had better start coming up with something original!

Good result - I thought Cray were capable of holding it at 1 - 0 for the first hour, I guess the difference between full and part-time showed at the end.

Agree with the penalty decision, I don't think the referee knew what to do - surely it was a foul and penalty, its a red card?

The jury is still out on Gash... For the (reported)

I don't want to seem like i'm making excuses, but did only have one centre half, with our big fat target man playing on the left wing. It was always going to be, as we only had 1 player in the squad who would have started had it been played last season, where as i belive you had about 7+, and your ability to make substitutes, we had 4 injured players (some of them weren't even at the match) on the bench, aswell as our 'player-manager' (hasn't started a game for around 7 years).

I'm, interested in what your opinion of our two centre forwards? One of them Tommy Whitnell, the young skinny one, seemed to out strength some of your players at times. And our other Shawn Beveney, effectively walked past some of your defenders, with just strength and pace.

Originally Posted By: tobycw
And our other Shawn Beveney, effectively walked past some of your defenders, with just strength and pace.

Shame he didn't take the ball with him.

We never put teams away with such ease and control the game like we did today. Even saying that it didn't seem like we got out of second gear.

This isn't trying to put your club down, I thought your club played excellent host's today and made my way to the upstairs bar where I saw that the buffet was well recieved by the players.

Good luck for the season.