Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

ETFC 1 Wealdstone 1

Scoreline

Decent game tonight, despite pouring down all second half.

They opened the scoring after an excellent passing move before Rudi Hall equalised from the spot after we'd been awarded a fairly generous penalty when Michael Deane was 'fouled'.

Both teams had decent chances and a draw was probably about fair.

Scoreline, you are right, Michael Deane wasn't fouled. However, Ricci Crace was yanked to the ground with an arm round the shoulders. The Wealdstone fans were complaining that their defender played the ball, but you don't have to commit a foul with the feet!

A solid performance with an experimental formation, with Ricci up front on his own with Hahn and Deane joining from wide positions. The defence in particular is beginning to gel together nicely, although I'd like to see a bit more fizz and power up front. Still time to work on that though.

I've seen on the Web that W'Stone are a Ryman Prem team. thats two games against the prems teams we've done ok in. we are'nt banging in goals in these friendlies, it'd be nice to see us score 3-4 in a game.

The first real benchmark will be v's Hillingdon next week when theirs something at stake and both teams will want to win for silver pots

Apologies, twas tired. Still don't think there was much in the challenge though...

You're right about the defence looking better (still have my doubts if Willis is going to be first choice) but I think one up front, at home, is a little negative. Maybe it's because Wealdstone are a decent side but I'd like to see us more attacking against most of the sides in our division.

Away from home it could be the way to go and use the pace in the side to counter attack. All will become clear I'm sure.

One up front or three up front - depends on how you view it. I think the theory was for one of Hahn or Deane to join Ricci up front depending on the direction of attack, which wasn't always happening last night. Not sure if that formation will be tried again to be honest, Stuart and Adam have played a basic 4-4-2 in every other game since they took over, and I think they are more comfortable with it.

Originally Posted By: Father Jack
One up front or three up front - depends on how you view it. I think the theory was for one of Hahn or Deane to join Ricci up front depending on the direction of attack, which wasn't always happening last night. Not sure if that formation will be tried again to be honest, Stuart and Adam have played a basic 4-4-2 in every other game since they took over, and I think they are more comfortable with it.

4-4-2 is probably the most familiar formation in this country and the level we are we should stick to this as its the simplest. The idea is to get players who can play it well. 4-5-1 is also a good formation but not always naturally well understood by players. I think we should just play the former and play it well as possible