Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The disadvantage of transparency

JFW

Originally Posted By: doheochai

and I found this one interesting as well
and yet again why did liam have to go public on this could he have not told it to us instead of the negative publicity?

I find it rather boring. Liam has stated a fact. Its the same as what goes on in business daily. If you know somone wants something so badly amd has

Originally Posted By: Riverview Supporter
Liam has stated a fact.

It might have been a good idea if he had stated this 'fact' to the 'owners' rather than to the media.

And once we sold Akinde everyone would have known we got money anyway (we would hardly have given him away for a set of gear and three sheet of corroguated iron)

Originally Posted By: JFW
So when Lord Chas says to Liam after a match "What did you think of today's performance Liam?", he must reply "Sorry Chas, I can't tell you until I have reported back to the owners"

Then quickly taps into his i phone waits 1/2 an hour and says...no comment.

Originally Posted By: JFW
So when Lord Chas says to Liam after a match "What did you think of today's performance Liam?", he must reply "Sorry Chas, I can't tell you until I have reported back to the owners"

Actually we do get an interview about each match. But I don't remember ever seeing anything about selling/realeasing/signing a player.

Originally Posted By: Bill Kent
Originally Posted By: Dave EUFC
surely the media is the best way to reach all the fans not just the "owners"?

I'm a MYFC contributor, but I do not consider myself to be an owner, just a paid up subscriber and to keep in touch what's going on behind the scenes of my club.

Same here. Think that's the same for all those who were Fleet fans before the MyFC takeover, but a few MyFC members feel the same way.

Hi Folks

Liam's comments came from an interview he did with me after the Cambridge game. It was also recorded by Tom Brooks, as it was conducted(to save Liam doing multiple post match interviews), for the MFC website and I think it was up there soon after. He was responding to a pretty predictable question from me (I'm no Jeremy Paxman) following the first game after the closure of the transfer window.

What he said was, as usual, honest, but hardly earth shattering. I think we could all have seen that coming.

If someone has got the hump that Liam is not sending them messages by thought transfer, extra sensory perception or a seance, then they need to get a grip. The media is a conduit between him and the wider community - including MFC members/subscribers whatever - and he uses it effectively. Don't blame him for that. He has never, EVER, refused to face the media even after the most disappointing performance.

I may be wrong, but I think the MFC web team have unrivalled access to Liam for interviews, much better than my post match contact once or twice a week. Maybe if someone has a problem with lack of information from Liam to MFC it should be taken up with the web team.

On another note it's good to see the wider world taking note of another interview I did with Micky Ward on Tuesday evening about Jimmy Bullard. Micky showed me a report he had kept from the 98/99 season which showed Skinny Boy was treated more times on the pitch with Mick's magic sponge than any other player that year, just ahead of Wilko and One O Level Richard Dimmock.

Yesterday and today the world amd his brother have been in touch for contacts willing to remin isce about Jimmy. That's how Fordy ended up on TV and he will be in more media stuff later in the week too!

Don't forget to tune in to the Forest Green game on Saturday.

Pip Pip! Lord C