Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Game tonight - 08/09/08

I'm planning to attend with Hector and I think Syd Lexic and Bosman08 are also going

Yes and you can bet Football Man will turn up just to be nosey and sit with his allies Horace and HTFCew. I'll have a camera with me if you want a photo with Hector.

Originally Posted By: PB!
I might pop down, only live 2 minutes from Hanwell FC, be interesting to see the standard.

There will be a pint with your name on it if you do make it

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: PB!
I might pop down, only live 2 minutes from Hanwell FC, be interesting to see the standard.

There will be a pint with your name on it if you do make it

frown How come I wasn't offered a pint?!

Looks like an SSML Forum party down at Hanwell tonight. PB, don't do it! PS It's the Hoddy charity game again this Sunday

I hope Special1 will lay on some sandwiches at half time as a gesture of goodwill as Forum members will probably double the crowd.

I won't be there, I'm torn between Cheshunt v Maldon (Capital League) or Aveley v Wingate & Finchley (Ryman 1).

Don't fancy the drive to Hanwell.

Just back from the match Hertford ran out 3-1 winners after extra time in a match that had lots of great football from Sport Benfica and some solid defending and hard work by Hertford throughout.

Sport Benfica dominated the first period although went in 1-0 down after a corner and a scrabble in the box led to Hertford scoring approx 3 mins before half time.

The 2th half started with Sport Benfica again having the better possession which allowed them to equalise. One of their subsitutes beat a Hertford player with the drop of the shoulder and drilled the ball in from 30 yards, the goalkeeper let the ball drift under his body, something im sure he wont be best please about, plenty of power but i felt he should have saved it.

Both teams had chances to win it before the end of the 90 minutes. Lots of hard tackles by Hertford led to a few Sport Benfica players on the ground with the Hertford boys shouting diver and all sorts of obscenties to the player on the ground. A mini melee ensued but it was all handbags in the end.

Into extra time and the fitness of the Prem team seemed to show, the Hertford front 2 seemed to work much better and No 11 seemed to push further out wide isolating the full back of Sporting who was not slow, but slower than the Hertford striker who then caused lots of problems in extra time. Cooper got one of the goals in ET I cannot remember who got the other goal for Hertford.

In the end they deserved the victory as they battled well throughout although Sport Benfica were by far the superior footballing side and at this level I would probably recommend people to go watch them as it is pure football throughout.

However I think they need to be a bit more solid from set pieces and someone who can break things up in the midfield area, as when Hertford changed the midfield pairing in the 2th half of the 90 mins, they looked more solid and closed down Sport Benfica much better, the Hertford players that came on will surely be pushing for a starting berth come Saturday.

I think thats it, there were a few other forum members there so im sure others will add their comments later or tomorrow.

Thanks for your comments Bosman. Pretty much a true reflection on the game tonight. I thought we created enough chances to win it but didn't put them away. Their keeper did well despite the long range goal and really saved them from losing it in the 90 minutes.

Glad you enjoyed the game. Now the players are back from holiday, 1 or 2 sporting their new tan (including the goalscorer), hopefully we will start getting some deserved results.

Forget the match, I was very disappointed with Sjj2112 tonight sleeping with the enemy, namely Lato and Spidermanor who totally blanked me when I attempted to offer an olive branch and pass the time of day, Horace and HTFCew weren't particularly friendly either.