Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Game tonight - 08/09/08

Originally Posted By: CubinLetch
The real question is - did he buy anyone a pint as promised or were they of the ficticious variety as usual?

I think he bought Hector a cup of tea!

Originally Posted By: CubinLetch
The real question is - did he buy anyone a pint as promised or were they of the ficticious variety as usual?

To be fair to the man he did actually offer to buy me a drink.

I would have to back Rhodes on that point, he has always got a drink in when we've crossed paths.

Originally Posted By: Spidermanor
giggle Ha, ha, methinks your underwear is smouldering again clippy. giggle

Spidermanor - I noticed that you and Lato were sporting some nifty headgear last night, I don't think I have ever seen you without a baseball cap in the six or seven occasions we have met.

Apparently nobody recognises me without my hat at football!!

rhodes you may well have offered us a cup of tea last night when we were talking with SJJ2112 at half time but you speak so softly its difficult to tell. Practice the Brian Blessed impersonations!!

Incidentally I didn't know it was compulsarory to announce which games I am attending. However if Spider gets MB's dream of a FoRM website operational then you can check our intentions on that.

Back to the topic of last nights game and the report on Hertford Town's Website, for what it's worth I felt that Sport London e Benfica were by far the better side throughout and deserved to win, the reason they didn't was the same old chestnut in Benfica trying to walk the ball into the net as opposed to shooting on sight:

http://www.hertfordtownfc.co.uk/slbaway8_9.htm

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: Spidermanor
giggle Ha, ha, methinks your underwear is smouldering again clippy. giggle

Spidermanor - I don't think I have ever seen you without a baseball cap in the six or seven occasions we have met.

Wrong again, you've only seen me wearing a cap on 3 occasions all the other times I was sans headgear, but nice try.

Back to the topic of last nights game and the report on Hertford Town's Website, for what it's worth I felt that Sport London e Benfica were by far the better side throughout and deserved to win, the reason they didn't was the same old chestnut in Benfica trying to walk the ball into the net as opposed to shooting on sight:

http://www.hertfordtownfc.co.uk/slbaway8_9.htm

Well, as they were playing "the worst team you have seen in a long time" to quote you from an earlier thread, they should have won. But the records will always show that they lost 1-3 after extra time!

Yes but the records will also always show that England only drew 1-1 with Poland at Wembley on 17 October 1973, last nights game reminded me a little of that infamous evening.

Yes but the records will also always show that England only drew 1-1 with Poland at Wembley on 17 October 1973, last nights game reminded me a little of that infamous evening.

so we can add subtlety to ironing and paying off bets to the list of things you don't do then?

Lato - I felt that last nights game was as one sided as England v Poland on 17 October 1973, if not more so.