Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Last night.

Have just about cooled down after last night's debacle.

Notwithstanding Hopkins is the worst referee in the league by a country mile, and really shouldn't be allowed near a pitch again until he actually knows the rules, we were dreadfull.

Sadly, the blame must rest with the manager, and it needs sorting out on the training ground - starting this morning.

1. Stop Lance kicking the ball 80 yards upfield. He is the prime culprit of our route 1 football.

2. Instruct the full backs - or even Jamie Hand to drop in short to receive a throw.This happens in Sunday league (I know, because my full backs were aware that I liked to throw it out).

3.When in space, defenders should pass the ball to the creative midfielders, which will normally be a 30 yard pass or less.

4. Wide men STAY WIDE!!!!!

5. Wide men should practice whipping crosses in a head height, with pace, not just high, hopeful lobs for the keepers to easily pluck out of the air.

6.When we have throw ins, SPREAD OUT!!!! One example was a throw on the halfway line, under the camera box. All other 9 of our outfield players were within 30 yards of the thrower.

THAT IS PRIMARY SCHOOL football!!!!

I can only assume we played to instruction. The instructions were wrong. We have intelligent creative footballers in the team, for pity's sake get the ball on the ground, use the short passing and movement game and get us back on track.

My coaching skills are available if needed.

Agree completely, we actually looked dangerous when we played the ball wide.

Gash needs to learn to stay in the box waiting for the ball to be crossed. He isn't quick enough to run up and down the wing and played Shakes out of the game last night on many occasion only to find he had no one to cross to, because he should have been there! And he did the same thing to Slatter at the Eastbourne game.

What's happened to Stacey? Maybe he needs to spend the next game on the bench and take it as the kick up the **** he obviously needs because his form so far this year has been shocking.

Here's to a much better performance on Saturday, especially as it isn't long till we have a visit from Torquay who will be looking for blood after the last few results against us.

Originally Posted By: urine trouble
dont think we have won a game yet with pooley in the side and why isn't smudger getting a chance how can he be the captin for the england c team and not get in to our side

Don't think we can blame Pooley for that debacle last night. We actually didn't defend that badly in the first half and the second we were trying to push on... and failing badly.

As for smudger, i think he may be in next game, what with charles, and possibly opinel out as well.

Originally Posted By: urine trouble
dont think we have won a game yet with pooley in the side and why isn't smudger getting a chance how can he be the captin for the england c team and not get in to our side

I thought Pooley was one of our highlights last night and had a good game - he made a number of vital interceptions as the last man and looked generally tidy and comfortable at the back.

I fully agree with everything you say gary and i would just like to add that i dont mind seeing my team lose if they play football as it should be played.I was ashamed at last nights efforts and had to apologise to all my workmates that saw the game on tv,especially as i had told them to watch the mighty fleet.Thankfully the ref gave them some entertainment.

Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz
Trouble is the players don't appear to listen to Liam and Alan,

At away matches I often position myself near the dugouts and sometimes try and observe what reaction Liam is giving at home games when for instance I think Sacha has strayed too far forward.
My observations lead me to believe that mostly apart from a few players turning a deafen when Liam tells them to do something positional by and large what we see as style of play is the basic plan.
If Liam was not happy with the continued long balls and lack of on the deck passing surely by now he would be going berserk and the players would have been "fully informed".

Do we play in the current style as we are not good enough to play the passing game?.

A few years ago I went to a meet the manager evening when Andy Ford was the manager and he was asked the question why we played the style of football we did his reply was simply we didnt have the players to do much else.