Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fleet Sign Gary Bowes

mikefleet

Yes, he's name is Gary, he's from Millwall and he is a striker.

Oh and also he's birthday is tomorrow, he'll be 19 and he was born in Ilford.

He signed for Millwall sometime last season and the two sources I have give me separate dates. One says the 1-7-2007 and the other says 25-4-2008 - See below which proves the second one to be wrong.

He has played two games for Millwall, the first being a 3-1 defeat against Port Vale in January with the second being the 1-0 JPT defeat to the hands of Colchester last month.

Welcome to the Fleet Gary and good luck! smile

"Gary Bowes scored his first senior goal as Millwall beat Blue Square Premier side Ebbsfleet 2-1 in a friendly on Wednesday night.The midfielder slotted home from 12 yards after intercepting a header from James Smith to seal the win for a youthful Lions XI."

I've been beaten to the punch on this one, normally try to ensure we do the press release before it's general knowledge but have been busy working all evening. But for your edification, here it is: (It's up on the MyFC site and I've emailed Ed to put it on the Club site when he's conscious!)

"Bowes returns to Stonebridge Road

Liam Daish has shaken up his Ebbsfleet United squad by bringing Millwall teenager Gary Bowes to Stonebridge Road.

Nineteen year old Bowes, a product of Millwall's youth system, made his Lions first team debut in January this year at Port Vale, and scored the second goal when Millwall won 2-1 in a pre season friendly against Ebbsfleet in July.

Under the terms of the loan agreement, Millwall will allow Bowes to appear for Ebbsfleet - if selected - in the FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round tie against Woking at Kingfield next week."

Originally Posted By: Digitalis

Liam Daish has shaken up his Ebbsfleet United squad by bringing Millwall teenager Gary Bowes to Stonebridge Road.

Couldn't make todays game, but from what I heard on the radio etc, it looks like LD needs ro bring-in a whole team of loanees??

At this rate forget play-offs, start to seriously worry about relegation?

Originally Posted By: Bill Kent
Originally Posted By: Albie78
He is lightening quick and he would frighten a lot of bsp defences.

You could have fooled me. Headless chicken syndrome this afternoon. He may improve.
He couldnt adapt to our style of play,he clearly needs the ball on the floor.Once hes over the shock he will probably improve,but hes not as good as appiah.

I thought he was alright in the circumstances - the circumstances being no ball through the middle in the box to what I imagine are his strengths. Most of his work was done out wide, where he put in three more accurate crosses than Shakes has managed all season.

Originally Posted By: Bill Kent
Originally Posted By: Albie78
He is lightening quick and he would frighten a lot of bsp defences.

You could have fooled me. Headless chicken syndrome this afternoon. He may improve.

Blimey. 45 minutes and we are already judging him.

He is obviously very quick, other than that, how can we tell. Particularly given that the team were so poor.

Give him a couple of games.

And as for comparing him to Appiah, that is comparing a player that has played 45 minutes with one who played somethng like 90. Do me a favour.

Actually I thought that Gary looked pretty good. Not only is he fast, he wasn't afraid to get stuck in and had a sense of urgency about him that many other Fleet players lacked. After Charles (justifiably the Fleet MotM) he was the one player that really caught the eye.