Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Longest and oldest supporter.

Bill Kent

Fleets longest and probably the oldest supporter is 93 year old Arthur Arterton. Arthur doesn't attend many games now as he is a little infirm and suffers from virtigo from time to time. I'd just like to wish him well and hope that he can attend some home games in the future when he's able. Arthur by the way, is Gemma Artertons grandad. Just thought I'd mention that.

Didn't we have a Kevin Arterton who played a few games in goal for the Fleet? I think that he was formerly from the Riverview Park area, may have attended Gravesend Grammar School and went to the USA to a sports university. Any relation?

Originally Posted By: kmj
Didn't we have a Kevin Arterton who played a few games in goal for the Fleet? I think that he was formerly from the Riverview Park area, may have attended Gravesend Grammar School and went to the USA to a sports university. Any relation?

Yes Kevin is Arthurs grandson. Kevins father is Brian Arterton who was also a good player back in the 1960-70 era. Brian brings his dad Arthur to some of the home games when he is able, as does Arthurs other son Terry.

Chas, I do believe Arthur hasn't the means to listen online. to your commentary. but I will find out.

Originally Posted By: Lord Horn
Would be good if the Club could make him a VIP guest for a game (if he were physically able to attend). Maybe someone should have a word with DD.

I think anybody who has been a fan for the very long term deserves to be treated with great respect. I like the idea of him attending a game if it is feasable for him to do so.

Keith. I have been in touch with Arthur this morning. It appears that he has to rely on his sons to get him to matches.

All being well I shall be bringing him myself to the next home game. It will be nice to see him back in his favourite seat in the stand.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and concern for this remarkable man and avid supporter of the Fleet.

It was a nice gesture back when the lads paraded the cup on the bus. The powers that be allowed Arthur to sit inside the bus as it went through the town, a very proud moment for him.

Thank you once again.