Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

East Thurrock up date

Mr Happy

I started this post so how about I end it?

Saturday's result was unbelievable.

We can't defend.e

We are going to tighten up at the back.

We have to get someone in who can organise things at the back.

We are all over the place at the back.

There is no excuse for conceding seven.

Not my words but those of SM in this week's Gazette.

i don't know what I think about SM OT. All I see is our poor old goalie having to make saves because the defence and midfield can't seem to cope. Of the 3 signings I did think Keogh played quite well at least he cleared the ball from danger when required and he reminded a little bit of Adam Gant who does that when required. I feel for Dave Walton as well. He needs a stable back 4 in front of him.

Being a Fan owned club wouldn't the list of signings and departures be available to the owners?

If the '55' new signings is right then that is alarming.

It suggests that up to 30 of them may have been mistakes..thus the next 25.

I realise that this is over simplifying the matter but the 'Powers That Be' must realise that those responsible for recruitment are obviously not experienced nor discerning enough in their selections.

Given the instability of an ongoing but failing recruiting process, the actual job of coaching the side...creating a viable unit with a corporate approach to, game to game strategies and tactics is nigh on impossible.

Watching recent Premier League games I see Managers being criticised for 'tinkering' and others being praised for sticking with a core unit of players.

I've always thought that the prime role of a coach was to bring out the best in the individual so as to mold an effective team.

Take the skilled player and encourage his creativity while focussing on what he can contribute to the whole team effort.

Take the lesser skilled player and develop his skills.

You cannot just keep looking for 'the best' player.

Settle on a squad...develop that squad...include a set Youth promotion policy.

The Club HAS to tell the coach the direction in which it wants to go. The Club has to have a Plan. Appointing a 'promising' coach and giving him carte blanche to get you promoted is not a plan...it is wishful thinking.

Gazza,

Relieved to see that World Order has resumed.

so we get 55 new players which could make 3 teams of 16 players with a handfull left over what you do is pick your stongest 16 players 1st team next pick 16 that are not to bad /can play in 1st team reserves sorted the next 16 you pick get rid of cos there no good and left with a handfull of players if needed for cover then dont get anymore players until its needed and not by the 25 nov as one manager thinks we should do this also may reduce the players wage bill ? any comments

The last 3 comments are very well put and constructive. My view is that the KEY problem is our SENIOR players. They are the core of the first team, just like Galls, Fabregas, Adebayor or Ferdinand, Vidic, Carrick, Rooney, Ronaldo. Ours are, of course to a lesser ability, Tickner, Bastian, Campbell, Hall, Jones(I Know only just re-joined, but he left under A LEE's time) Hahn, Remy. Of that lot 3 are back four players who have been poor this season, Campbell has been well off the pace and Bastian has been playing with too much adrenaline and hyperness rather than a controlled defender. Tickner for me is too slow.

Rudi has been battling well but I sense he too is coming off the pace somewhat, although he has had some very good games that I've seen this season, so I class him as a mixed performer.

Jones I hope will provide us with some impetus.

Remy and Hahn have been good signings and to a degree successful.

With regards to Andy's comments, I think we should embrace Stewarts honesty and not use it as a tool that can be used to criticise him. His comments are one of acceptance and his own personal despair at the situation he has. But I can't fault his efforts for trying to resolve the matter.

I state again he has only had 3 months in the job and we want to hang him.

We do have a Youth section, an U18's who play regularly and a very good U16's of which one has already turned out for the reserves, played well and scored a goal, additionally, the U16's also have a former Spurs Junior Centre Half (still only 15 but 16 next week) who is of outstanding ability and I personally would like to see him move up to the reserves at least as he is built like an ox and looks like he can break through.

So from all the criticisms there is a lot of Youth on the conveyor belt and much activity and effort in the background.

So In my view lets keep backing and supporting and one day (hopefully in the near future) can say we backed the boys and not put the boot in when the chips were down.

Originally Posted By: fickle yid towner
Who do you think should be dropped Gazza?

Dont claim to know the answer FYT and have only seen half a dozen games this season, however for what its worth here goes......actually its simpler to say who I would keep in the starting 11.

Walton
Dauti
Hahn
Remy
......err that's it, jury for me is still out on Marshall, only young I know & will im sure be a permanent fixture in the side in seasons to come but I would have him on the bench every game.

Biggest plus as far as im concerned this season is Walton & Remy, he is the big forward we have been crying out for over the last few seasons, with a nice touch too.
However with what i believe us to be his 15th club Im not sure how long he will be around.

Hahn is clearly a talent but needs support which he hasnt got.

Dauti is a player I like, totally unglamourous but works his socks off & seems to run for 90 mins. (why was he at left back yesterday? is that his natural position?)

Walton is a keeper we have been looking for since Chopper left & should be the player we try to keep, even if it means giving him a contract!

Just a thought Remy & James Bunn up front? Bunny still scoring for Harlow and still the only real quality ever to play for Town, whatever his off field antics were, we have taken back worse offenders more eagerly.

Oh & the manager well the proof is in the pudding, not a very good 8 months is it? with no proven track record in the first place I have to wonder why & how he was appointed.

In terms of Stewart's honesty.... People give their honest opinions on this forum are criticised for doing so yet they seem to be in keeping with what Stewart said last week. Probably more vociferous, bt still the same.

As for Jonesy leaving during Adam's reign... surely we had joint managers at that time? I was unaware that Adam was the manager with Stewart as his assistant!

Showing my age.... put my previous post on here on the wrong thread!

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
Made interesting reading.

Winchester Ciy FC Members vote unanimously for change following the meeting that took place at 7.30 tonight (November 7th 2008), Winchester City Football Club is delighted to announce that the members have unanimously voted in acceptance of the resolution that the club dissolve itself as a members club and reconstitute itself as a limited company with a consortium of local business people joining the new management structure.

Now there's a change.
It makes you think doesn't it Andy , it may get E1893 to come to the table if thats what happens here . I'll make this comment even though I know there are those that will jump on me . THIS FANS OWNED CLUB DOESN'T WORK !! Quite simply because we dont have the numbers to make it work , We need business investment . We are not AFC wimbledon and not FC man Utd who rake in 2000+ every week We need change AND SOON.

Originally Posted By: Gazza

Dont claim to know the answer FYT and have only seen half a dozen games this season, however for what its worth here goes......actually its simpler to say who I would keep in the starting 11.

Walton
Dauti
Hahn
Remy
......err that's it, jury for me is still out on Marshall, only young I know & will im sure be a permanent fixture in the side in seasons to come but I would have him on the bench every game.

Biggest plus as far as im concerned this season is Walton & Remy, he is the big forward we have been crying out for over the last few seasons, with a nice touch too.
However with what i believe us to be his 15th club Im not sure how long he will be around.

Hahn is clearly a talent but needs support which he hasnt got.

Dauti is a player I like, totally unglamourous but works his socks off & seems to run for 90 mins. (why was he at left back yesterday? is that his natural position?)

Walton is a keeper we have been looking for since Chopper left & should be the player we try to keep, even if it means giving him a contract!

Just a thought Remy & James Bunn up front? Bunny still scoring for Harlow and still the only real quality ever to play for Town, whatever his off field antics were, we have taken back worse offenders more eagerly.

Oh & the manager well the proof is in the pudding, not a very good 8 months is it? with no proven track record in the first place I have to wonder why & how he was appointed.

Hope your sitting down Gazza but I agree 100%, your 4 choices would mine too but you can add Stephenson, Crace and Allen to that with possibly Rudi who's heart is in it.

But when have they played together in one team at any one time? Add the addition of Keogh who seems to have impressed OT to a degree and like i've said we are not far away but just need it to fall in together, which has not been the case.

Originally Posted By: Enfield United

Add the addition of Keogh who seems to have impressed OT to a degree

When / where have I stated that ??
I have said that I was NOT impressed with any of the NEW players yesterday.

Originally Posted By: Out_Of_Towner
Originally Posted By: andyetfc
Made interesting reading.

Winchester Ciy FC Members vote unanimously for change following the meeting that took place at 7.30 tonight (November 7th 2008), Winchester City Football Club is delighted to announce that the members have unanimously voted in acceptance of the resolution that the club dissolve itself as a members club and reconstitute itself as a limited company with a consortium of local business people joining the new management structure.

Now there's a change.
It makes you think doesn't it Andy , it may get E1893 to come to the table if thats what happens here . I'll make this comment even though I know there are those that will jump on me . THIS FANS OWNED CLUB DOESN'T WORK !! Quite simply because we dont have the numbers to make it work , We need business investment . We are not AFC wimbledon and not FC man Utd who rake in 2000+ every week We need change AND SOON.

Totally agree with you.

First of all I was quite impressed with Keogh. Maybe I'm wrong. IF I am then apologies. Secondly agree with you on those 4 players definitely Gazza. Would also add Hammond for his nuisance value in giving defenders a hard time. At least he tries. Have thought Crace was out of it last few games he played and most of last season probably cos he carried an injury. Dave Allen defo in. Stephenson hmm, impresed with him but know he can b a nightmare as well re yellow and red cards. ALso seen nasty side to his football as well. Agree about marshall as well gazza.

oh one last little point. this team should have gelled in early August before the season started. not half way through it. There are no excuses for that.

Should have given us a good chance of promotion if ready on time!

JC learnt that one first game of the season - Wasn't it Burnham Ramblers that spoiled the party at home? We got spanked by not being ready

Originally Posted By: OldTowner
Originally Posted By: Enfield United

Add the addition of Keogh who seems to have impressed OT to a degree

When / where have I stated that ??
I have said that I was NOT impressed with any of the NEW players yesterday.

I got you mixed up with FYT who said he was impressed with Keogh and the right back.

I look forward to seeing these two play if re-selected and see whether they can lift us a peg or two in the defencive stakes.

But if Remy is out for 5 weeks as mentioned then what should Stewart do? play the reserve players? or sign someone else up? comments please.