Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Today's game

Mr Happy

I thought that the first half was quite exciting though I accept that the football was poor.

Second half I thought that GWR showed little enterprise considering they were 1-0 down. I also dont like relying on one striker - especially at home. I thought that Jermaine should have been on earlier to partner Hammond and I would have subbed Luke. Still 3 points is 3 points and Walton, the two centre halves and Bastian had a good game.

What a muted response, where is everybody?????

Well done ETFC, a very welcome three points even if it wasn't a classic.

By the way, and I know you're all interested, Brighouse Town also won today, 3-2 at home to Bottesford Town. 2-0 up in 12 minutes, 2-1 at HT, pegged back to 2-2 then we got the winner with about 20 mins left. Numerous other chances went begging, including two one-on-ones. Attendance was about 100 I reckon. The second row of seats (ex-Scunthorpe) are now in. I did not win the raffle this week.

Dissapointibgly got knocked out od the League Cup midweelk by Premier Division opposition, after having beaten a Prem team in the first round.

Anyway, well done again ETFC.

Yes is was a boring match to watch.

However, at this stage of our season and our position in the League a 1 - 0 WIN is very welcome.

Added to this "rare" Home win is of course a clean sheet.

Obvious statement - but, don't let any in and ...........yer you know the rest.

Not a good performance, but a good WIN.

We now need to take that performance ( and win ) to Pots Bar next week.

It is never easy there ( for us anyway ! )

Originally Posted By: OldTowner
However, at this stage of our season and our position in the League a 1 - 0 WIN is very welcome.

Carving out a win on a boring Saturday afternoon before Christmas was an old JC trick and it was good to see him there as a spectator too! He has been very patient before returning to the teraces.

Our First home clean sheet of the season and for me John Boy Walton was man of the match with some wonderful saves! But Keogh and Wild are a joy to see (taller Centre-backs - whatever next)? Reid had a good game too!

I didn't feel Deane or Marshall particularly got into the game today. Hammond was doing ok and then was subbed by Hughes! Great volley from Michael Deane towards the end of the game.

Agree with you totally although I was'nt at the game but take on board we played with only the one striker.

This worked well then by stifling our opponents, it also gives us greater protection in front of what I presume was an improved back four.

This does mean that the two wide men (Deane and Marshall) would have had to work there three piece suites to the ground as would the striker, who should be pacey.

From the sounds of things Stewarts game plan worked to a 'T' with a blank sheet and the minimum of strikes for victory.

Roll on Saturday (P'Bar) I'll be there for that one, all being well).

Well done lads, supporters and members. A good and constructive day alround.

Thought our two new centre backs played well.Hann looked the pick of the attacking players.Jeff Hammond was dissapointing up top on his own.Dauti not currently as influential as he was a month or so ago.Saying that,i feel its Rudi place in midfield that could be in danger when Jones suspension finishes.

In defense and in central midfield GRW are fairly strong,so had a feeling it would be a low scoring game.

Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
1-0. We won at home. We kept a clean sheet at home. That was about it. A very boring afternoon but a very welcome three points! Ciaron Glennon now has to write a match repot. I don't envy him one bit!! sleep

Web site report states that Hughes scored !!!!WHAT ?
Hughes did not come on until near the end of the game.

Hammond did the run and cross thro' the keepers legs - the ball hit the far post and the Number 3 defender tried to clear the ball and it ended up going in off the 3's feet.

Own Goal.

Gazza,
It was my Son's 20th on Friday.

Where does the time go ??

Tell me about it OT, next year my son is 23 & my youngest becomes a teenager....very scary!

Hey was we paceing the maternity unit at Chace Farm at the same time 20 years ago? haha

Hayley was born at 08:05hrs on the 15th but spent all the 14th waiting & wandering around.

What happened to the football Gazza?

Was at the Clacton FC v Basildon Vase game when Clacton won

4 - 0. Entertaining game with the giant Basidon keeper deliberately barging into a midget of a Clacton forward and then falling down as though he had been shot!

Good result for the Town. A welcome 3 points.

Like EU's report of the game!

It was Jeff Hammond! bless not Jermain.

"Enfield Town 1 Great Wakering Rovers 0

Ryman League Division One North

Town gained revenge for the FA Trophy defeat in an entertaining tussle yesterday at Goldsdown Road. The only goal of the game came when Jermain Hughes beat a defender down the left wing before firing in a shot which came back off the post, hit the visitors' Grant Khory-Davinson and rebounded over the line."

I was also told it went in off his B0ll0cks but as I was only a few feet away I can confirm that story is likewise!

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
What happened to the football Gazza?

Was at the Clacton FC v Basildon Vase game when Clacton won
4 - 0. Entertaining game with the giant Basidon keeper deliberately barging into a midget of a Clacton forward and then falling down as though he had been shot!

Good result for the Town. A welcome 3 points.

Like EU's report of the game!

Yeah it were'nt too bad was it? bearing in mind I was'nt there either. But got enough feedback to picture the events or as my informants put it event that went on in the game.

Who were the two new C halves, Keogh and..................?

Well done on the win. Was a good game to play in , am a bit surprised a few people said the game was boring .

The teams were both different to what lined up in the trophy game. Have to say At least youve got a decent centre half in the 5 , very good in the air , I found that out by running into his elbow and cutting my head open .

Was quite even and i think if we'd have been a bit more ruthless in front of goal we could have got 4 easily in the first half.

Why is Hahn playing up top now. He is much more threat on the wing imo.

Not sure about the FA cup style celebrations in the changing room afterwards for a league victory in November , but congrats on getting the 3 points and all the best for the rest of the season