Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Welwyn take 3 points from Langford

Bilbo - I'll have a bet with you that 'the Dynamic Duo' won't be at Herns Lane at the end of the season, Del is too volatile and outspoken and the Chairman hates to be badgered every five minutes particularly where money is concerned.

I'll take you up on that bet as well Rhodes.

Dynamic: pertaining to or characterized by energy or effective action.

Sums up the duo perfectly.

It's a shame you don't put your energy into supporting a club instead of knocking everyone else who does.

Your track record makes interesting reading:

Haringey to Hornchurch via Kentish Town, Nigeria, that Israeli team, Bethnal Green United, Corinthian Casuals, Mauritius Sports and if it ever happens, the so called 'new Edgware' which apparently will be called Southill Alexander FC.

You have never answered why you switch alligence so regularly, maybe it's because nobody will suffer you for very long.

You will no doubt ignore answering this question again but until you do you really can not be taken seriously. Isn't it time you explained yourself?

Nice try but I'll answer the question when you explain where the 500k went at Edgware Town, who did eat all the pies and put the famous old Club out of business.

Harrow Council sold out to developers which meant that Edgware Developments would not extend the lease past the end of December 2008. The club could not guarantee a ground for the coming season so resigned from the league. The club is not defunct and will be back in non league football as EDGWARE TOWN FC after a short sabatical.

The 500k in the accounts was a debt created by Mr Rosier and Mr McFarlane, previous directors of Edgware Town Limited. The debt was serviced by Galliard Homes.

NOW ANSWER THE QUESTION

Originally Posted By: ORACLE

The 500k in the accounts was a debt created by Mr Rosier and Mr McFarlane, previous directors of Edgware Town Limited.

Well thanks for that straight answer, I don't think this has been made clear previously.
As for my track record I have only ever been involved at Haringey Borough, at Kentish Town and, from next season, with Southill Alexanda so I don't know where you get the other mis-information from, I have been cordially invited to watch games at Bethnal Green United, Corinthian Casuals, Mauritius Sports and Hornchurch by people involved with those Club's and have only had an interest in the Nigeria National Team because I act as Clement Temile's agent and Beitar Jerusalem in Israel because Clement's son Toto plays for them. I hope that satisfies you.

Originally Posted By: ORACLE
Harrow Council sold out to developers which meant that Edgware Developments would not extend the lease past the end of December 2008. The club could not guarantee a ground for the coming season so resigned from the league. The club is not defunct and will be back in non league football as EDGWARE TOWN FC after a short sabatical.

The 500k in the accounts was a debt created by Mr Rosier and Mr McFarlane, previous directors of Edgware Town Limited. The debt was serviced by Galliard Homes.

NOW ANSWER THE QUESTION

excited

Yes at Step 7 and when is it likely to happen, you, Oracle, Bilbo and the rest of your former cohorts could have been involved with a Club at Step 6 level next season playing under the Edgware name but you ungratefully threw it back in our faces.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Yes at Step 7 and when is it likely to happen, you, Oracle, Bilbo and the rest of your former cohorts could have been involved with a Club at Step 6 level next season playing under the Edgware name but you ungratefully threw it back in our faces.

Why would any self respecting 'Wares' fan want to support a club where you are involved when you have spent the last few months slagging off everyone who was ever involved at Edgware.

Even Numpty saw the light and jumped before he was pushed.

Bilbo - I only made my feelings clear on here when you and your former Edgware Town cohorts such as Samuelsmiles and Oracle threw back our kind offer of help, to resurrect the Edgware name from the ashes, in our faces, you would have seen a different side to me had you readily agreed to come onboard and give it a go. Personally I can't see a new Edgware Town ever getting off the drawing board as, with respect, I don't think you have what it takes to resurrect the old Club in know how, commitment and finance. Even if you were successful in getting to the re-launch pad you would more than likely kick off in the Middlesex County League Premier Division (Step 7) which is no more than park football, are you hoping that 'the Deadly Duo' can be persuaded to return like prodigal sons with their mercenaries in tow.

TheSpursFan - I thought the topic was well and truly closed until it was brought up again, I won't utter another word however just to put the record straight we were fully prepared to keep the famous Edgware name flying and Edgware FC would have been playing as early as next season, I wonder whether the same can be said for the re-launched Edgware Town.

Even if you were successful in getting to the re-launch pad you would more than likely kick off in the Middlesex County League Premier Division (Step 7) which is no more than park football

and why would Southill Alexander merit any higher start in the system?

Horace - It's good of you to leave the comfort of your breakaway Forum to post, happy new year. I think predominantly because Southill Alexander have a ground to walk straight into which meets all the criteria and the Club is financially sound, those are just two of many reasons. Also every dog has its day and Edgware Town have theirs and blew it due to incompetence so in theory it's not inconceivable they should start again at 'square one'.

Horace - It's good of you to leave the comfort of your breakaway Forum to post, happy new year. I think predominantly because Southill Alexander have a ground to walk straight into which meets all the criteria and the Club is financially sound, those are just two of many reasons. Also every dog has its day and Edgware Town have theirs and blew it due to incompetence so in theory it's not inconceivable they should start again at 'square one'.

Happy New Year Rhodes.
I don't disagree that Edgware Town would probably have to start up in the Middlesex County league if they resumed playing, however I'm more interested in the level at which your proposed new club will have to start. Without the approval of the National Leagues System you will have to start at Step 7 at best. There is absolutely no justification for a new club with no history and no fan base to be placed higher, apart from the consideration of whether there are any vacancies.

And the new forum is not a breakaway forum. This fans-focus one is not an official forum, as you know. Just to remind you, it was started at the request of some of the people who moved over with thier clubs from the Ryman League to the SSML following the restructuring which cast half a dozen clubs to the wolves. It was then rapidly taken over by yourself as if it was your own personal forum. Eventually people got fed up with you and the interference from the Global Moderator(s) and moved on to a happier place.

By the way, while I'm on, don't you think that following Oracle's recent posts, you owe him and the others at Edgware Town an abject apology for your wicked postings on here?

p.s. Oracle and Bilbo - you will find that it is easy for you to become members of the "breakaway forum" The real SSMFL Forum

Originally Posted By: thespursfan

if there are people left at edgware who think they can, let them have a go.

if it has to start at step 7, so be it.

Good luck with your venture, and do as you would be done by.

I echo those feelings TSF, even though I am heavily involved in what we are doing at Southill Alexander, Edgware still has a place in non-league football & good luck to whoever takes up that challenge. At the end of the day isn't it good for football that there is more clubs out there ?

Originally Posted By: Horace

Happy New Year Rhodes.
I don't disagree that Edgware Town would probably have to start up in the Middlesex County league if they resumed playing, however I'm more interested in the level at which your proposed new club will have to start. Without the approval of the National Leagues System you will have to start at Step 7 at best. There is absolutely no justification for a new club with no history and no fan base to be placed higher, apart from the consideration of whether there are any vacancies.

And the new forum is not a breakaway forum. This fans-focus one is not an official forum, as you know. Just to remind you, it was started at the request of some of the people who moved over with thier clubs from the Ryman League to the SSML following the restructuring which cast half a dozen clubs to the wolves. It was then rapidly taken over by yourself as if it was your own personal forum. Eventually people got fed up with you and the interference from the Global Moderator(s) and moved on to a happier place.

By the way, while I'm on, don't you think that following Oracle's recent posts, you owe him and the others at Edgware Town an abject apology for your wicked postings on here?

p.s. Oracle and Bilbo - you will find that it is easy for you to become members of the "breakaway forum" The real SSMFL Forum

Thanks for that Horace, application to join will be winging its way today.

Glad to hear that you are well and enjoying your well earned retirement.

I agree that no matter what Southill Alexander has in place, whether it be a ground, finance or hot meat pies, they will not start above step 7 and that

Syd Lexic - I also echo the sentiments of TheSpursFan who's heart has always been in the right place however I totally disagree with Horace who is coming across as increasingly bitter and twisted, he has contrived to ruin this Forum for example by enticing members away onto the breakaway rival however, despite his lame explanation above, what point is there in having two SSML Forums with people being vetted and having to jump through hoops for the 'privilege' of joining the latter. Also instead of being enthusiastic about Southill Alexander and celebrating the emergence of a new Football Club he is trying to pick holes in the exciting venture, I expected a lot better than that from him.