Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Welwyn take 3 points from Langford

Rhodes you obviously do good things but you sometimes rant on with misinformation, which is why people dislike you.

The Welwyn lads are a great set, who play for nothing, I can promise you that so you shouldn't be calling them mercenaries.

Also, you are setting up a club miles away where there are already established teams and you'll be groundsharing with no view of a ground of your own. Sounds like hard work and a financial drain to me. Forgive me if I am wrong.

How right you are Barney.

The Dynamic Duo command the loyalty of a great bunch of lads at Welwyn who, as you say, all play for nothing, that commands real respect in this day and age.

The opposite is true of Southill Alexander with Rhodent on the board the club is doomed. Haringey Borough and Kentish Town both sacked him before they where infested.

Syd lexic and others members of his consortium should be warned, Rhodent has upset so many people in the non league game you will struggle for support and with two other established clubs in the area those disillusioned fans will unfortunately not support Southill Alexander, which is a shame given all the effort being put in.

Originally Posted By: ORACLE
Surely thats sour grapes as I believe the new forum is a 'Rhodes Free Zone'?

Which is probably the best thing about it.. oh and an Unc Urch / Global Mod free zone!

Originally Posted By: Barney Rubble

The Welwyn lads are a great set, who play for nothing, I can promise you that so you shouldn't be calling them mercenaries.

I didn't say they weren't great lads as I'm sure they are but it's more than coincidence that they follow 'the Deadly Duo' everywhere such as Edgware, Leyton and now Welwyn Garden City, they must be getting expenses at the very least particularly to travel to Welwyn.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

I didn't say they weren't great lads as I'm sure they are but it's more than coincidence that they follow 'the Deadly Duo' everywhere such as Edgware, Leyton and now Welwyn Garden City, they must be getting expenses at the very least particularly to travel to Welwyn.

What is it about loyalty that you don't understand?

There's no such thing as loyalty anymore, the World has gone mad. Look at the way you stabbed poor Gavin in the back at Edgware Town for example after everything he did for you.

But you are wrong about the players. If you knew the full details you'd be embarrassed about what you are writing

Barney Rubble - If I am wrong then I will happily hold my hands up and apologise, so you are saying not one single player at Welwyn Garden City gets a penny piece for playing for the Club even in travelling expenses for example petrol money.

Yes thats what I'm saying. Obviously I don't check all the players pockets but I do know for sure that most of the players you'd class as key, do not get a penny so I assume they all don't. As a team they get a crate of beer in the bar after for winning a home match.

Blimey, they must be thirsty. Up the Hares. grin

Rhodes - without being at all disrespectful, you appear not to believe what Bilbo and others tell you about the loyalty of the ex Edgware Town players.

There is such a strong team spirit and character that has been built on sound foundations that they will indeed play for zero profit.

I have witnessed many sporting club spirits and in my opinion that of the current players at Welwyn is the finest I have ever experienced.

Believe or not - it would not be shaken by any adverse commentary from yourself.

Why not apply your skills in a positive direction via your new footballing adventure in which I wish you the best of fortune?

Bramley - I didn't say that I didn't believe the likes of Bilbo, Oracle and Barney Rubble and, like I said, I will happily hold my hands up and apologise if I'm wrong about anyone getting paid at Herns Lane. I'm also not knocking the current set up as Del and Steve have done little, if anything, wrong since they turned their backs on Leyton and arrived at the Club, my only concern is that their demands on the Chairman will eventually fall on deaf ears and they will sooner or later get frustrated with his apparent lack of ambition and shallow pockets as has been the case with previous Managers and Coaches, don't forget they're big fish swimming in a small pond.

Bramley - I didn't say that I didn't believe the likes of Bilbo, Oracle and Barney Rubble and, like I said, I will happily hold my hands up and apologise if I'm wrong about anyone getting paid at Herns Lane. I'm also not knocking the current set up as Del and Steve have done little, if anything, wrong since they turned their backs on Leyton and arrived at the Club, my only concern is that their demands on the Chairman will eventually fall on deaf ears and they will sooner or later get frustrated with his apparent lack of ambition and shallow pockets as has been the case with previous Managers and Coaches, don't forget they're big fish swimming in a small pond.

All Clubs at this level are small fry and money is hard to come by in order to sustain a year on year improvement.
Loyalty by players to each other and to a management team that they respect will often bring the desired benefits.
These players will earn the respect of many if not yourself.
But hey, how many have ever achieved that LOL!!

I've always had a great deal of respect for Welwyn Garden City as I've known one or two previous Managers such as Paul Tompkins who pulled up trees in his brief spell there earlier this season with little or no resources. I just feel that 'the Deadly Duo' are too big for the Club and will bleed them dry with their constant demands on the Chairman and him feeling pressured into keeping them sweet incase they suddenly get itchy feet, leopards don't change their spots afterall.

I've always had a great deal of respect for Welwyn Garden City as I've known one or two previous Managers such as Paul Tompkins who pulled up trees in his brief spell there earlier this season with little or no resources. I just feel that 'the Deadly Duo' are too big for the Club and will bleed them dry with their constant demands on the Chairman and him feeling pressured into keeping them sweet incase they suddenly get itchy feet, leopards don't change their spots afterall.

Rhodes just what is your problem. Look at the facts for once in your life.

Del and Steve started their managerial career when they were appointed as joint managers at Edgware Town for the start of the 2005/06 season. They served the club admirably, bringing many fine players to Edgware and taking the Wares to their most successful season in 2006/07. Winning the Spartan South Midlands league treble of the League title, losing only twice in the campaign, the Premier Division Cup and the Challenge Trophy, they also won the cup for most successful outside competition in the League (FA Vase - 4th Round) as well as 4 team of the month trophies.

After another successful season in the Ryman Division One North finishing a creditable 8th in a very strong league, the club finally succumbed when Harrow Council sold them out to developers forcing Edgware Town to resign from the league and take a short sabbatical.

Del and Steve were given the job at Leyton. The deal they were offered turned out to be

Originally Posted By: ORACLE

Your insidious comments about a couple of guys who are a credit to non league football show what a shallow and ingenuous person you really are.

If you had read my earlier post properly you will have seen that I stated Del and Steve have done little, if anything, wrong since they joined Welwyn Garden City, in what way is that being insidious, shallow and ingenuous. I actually have a lot of time for Del and Steve as they are real football people and actually agree with much of what you say in your post.

I rest my case.