Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Welwyn take 3 points from Langford

An excellent result for the Citizens at Herns Lane this afternoon beating second placed Langford 3-1.

With both of the 'Dynamic Duo' away midfielder Richard Morton took charge and although with some main players missing and top scorer Stuart Blackburne sidelined with an ankle injury he did a masterful job.

Welwyn keeper Rob Blackburne made an excellent save in the first minutes of the game before Fabio Valenti found the net 28 minutes into the first half. It was from a free kick that Valenti scored a second five minutes later to send his side in at the end of the first half 2-0 up.

The visitors pulled one back 8 minutes into the second period before 'man of the match' Johnny Moore hit a thunderbolt into the net for the winner.

Mark Blackburne was impressive throughout, playing an unaccustomed role up front for most of the game.

The next few games are all against teams in the bottom half of the league, so some good results can make a big difference to the teams position. Players returning to fitness could make the difference. Adam Wallace, Denis Maharjan, Richard Morton himself and Stuart Blackburne all should be passed fit in the next few weeks with Paul Marks and Ben Hayden finishing their susspensions.

WISHING YOU ALL A HAPPY NEW YEAR

Originally Posted By: christianTroy

why are you so quick to report Welywn victories on this forum but absent when you dont get a positive result?

Lol, I couldn't agree more, it was exactly the same at Leyton earlier in the season.

I haven't posted on here for some time as to be honest the forum is quite boring and most of the interesting stuff is posted elsewhere.

ALL reports are on the Welwyn website. I can't always be bothered to post them on here for you lot to post stupid comments on.

Originally Posted By: Barney Rubble
i'd assumed that Oracle was just a lucky mascot.

Oh, he's so much more than that! smile

I have it on good authority that Oracle is the former Edgware Town Secretary and Ken Batten's 'partner in crime'.

Football Man - The breakaway Forum quiet is it, I heard from my mole that you are leading the prediction league, did anybody get Kentish Town 1 Chalfont St Peter 10 spot on out of interest.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Football Man - The breakaway Forum quiet is it, I heard from my mole that you are leading the prediction league,

Thanks for confirming that you do not have a 'mole' !

Originally Posted By: NeutralFan

Thanks for confirming that you do not have a 'mole'

Actually I meant to say that Football Man was running the prediction league on your breakaway forum, not leading it, sorry. My mole exists, trust me!

Where were the "dynamic duo" ? Where they away for last weeks defeat at Aylesbury Vale as well?

Out of interest Oracle why are you so quick to report Welywn victories on this forum but absent when you dont get a positive result?

One defeat in seven played and that by a lucky last minute deflection isn't much to write about. More power to your pen Oracle.

Where were the "dynamic duo"?

Who thought up the unfortunate name 'dynamic duo' as this has turned Del and Steve into somewhat of a laughing stock, Captain and Tennille, Laurel and Hardy, Hale and Pace, Timmy Mallett and David van Day and Cannon and Ball spring to mind.

Yes they really were a dynamatic duo in the true sense of the word(s) winning the Division 1 Championship last season against all the odds. What I don't understand is why Kentish Town broke up a winning formula and destroyed the foundation that had been built on over the previous season and going into the Premier Division which promised so much, it really didn't make any sense as Hector was keen to stay.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Where were the "dynamic duo"?

Who thought up the unfortunate name 'dynamic duo' as this has turned Del and Steve into somewhat of a laughing stock, Captain and Tennille, Laurel and Hardy, Hale and Pace, Timmy Mallett and David van Day and Cannon and Ball spring to mind.

Numpty and Rhodent

Let's see who's laughing at the end of the season.

ONWARD AND UPWARD