Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Good Luck !

Best wishes to both of the remaining SSML clubs playing tomorrow in the 5th Round of The FA Vase.

Biggleswade Town v Market Drayton

&

Chalfont St. Peter v Christchurch

Lets hope the weather allows these games to go ahead.

Rest assured Biggleswade Town will pull out all the stops to play tomorrow as they know it is a massive pay day for them, far more so than if the game is put back to a Tuesday evening, my guess is that Wader will be there at 6.30 tomorrow morning armed with a shovel, broom, wheelbarrow, sand, you name it in a hope the pitch is passed fit about 11.00.

Sadly not. After clearning 2" of snow from the entire pitch, terracing and surrounds on Wednesday, heavy snow overnight on Thursday continuing into this afternoon defeated us. I even got the tractor stuck on the pitch this morning. All efforts thwarted as cleared areas just filled up with snow again. Match re-arranged for Saturday 14th February. News Video on the website http://btfc.moonfruit.com

All Vase matches bar the one at Bideford have so far been called off.

Wader, I must comment on the hospitality of the Barman, at your ground, last week. He was so friendly. The Club House is great, the only thing I could'nt understand is why you can't see the pitch from the bar. Just a couple of small windows and a great big fence in front of the pitch!

Oh, and the Car Park area kerb is so high I nearly pulled my bumper off my car!!! A very nice ground though.

Hollie - Apparently the decision was made not to put any windows in the Club House for security reasons, it is built like Fort Knox but you can't really blame them with society the way it sadly has become today even in a leafy town like Biggleswade. I think it's easy to pick holes in the stadium and nit pick like a lot of anoraks were doing on another's Forum after visiting for the first time right down to the pricey burgers but at the end of the day fair play to them, and in particular Wader, for the achievement.

It is my understanding that beyond a certain level it is actually illegal to permit observance of a game from an area within a ground where alcohol is legally being sold. I have certainly been to a number of grounds (Step 4 and above) in recent seasons where this has been apparent and where I have been informed (in no uncertain terms) that this is the case. The situation at Bigg Town is therefore fully understandable, particularly in light of the team having ambitions to play at a higher level.

It also encourages people to get out on the terraces, rather than watch from the warmth & comfort of the bar.

Yes good point, like the good old days, I've been to plenty of grounds in the SSML where the punters just stay in the bar and watch the game from there, Winslow United, Cranfield United, Langford, Tring Athletic, Leverstock Greem, Buckingham Athletic, Sun Postal Sports, London Colney and Royston Town spring to mind, the list is endless.

It is very difficult to see much of the game from the Langford bar, as it is down in the corner at one end, I think the 'punters' you refer to are more likely to be the ladies who run the Refreshment Bar and their children/grandchildren. Don't forget us hardy villagers love being out in the open

MIKO - I think you are mistaken and are referring to Buckingham Athletic where you are quite far from the action. I recall from experience that you can quite easily watch a game at Forde Park in the comfort of the bar with a pint in your hand, I do agree though that you get a lot of children at games, I brought my youngest there once when one of your refreshment ladies kindly offered to look after him whilst I watched the game and he didn't want to leave afterwards, your hospitality is certainly second to none.

Originally Posted By: MIKO

Do you think you will see Langford play this season?

Do you mean at Forde Park, I would certainly love to as it is one of my favourite SSML grounds to visit however it's unlikely as I'm not currently involved with a Club despite a number of attractive offers, perhaps next season if Southill Alexander draw Langford away in the Challenge Trophy or one of the County Cups if we bother to enter as they can be a distraction from the bread and butter of the league. I do feel that Langford lost a key Committee member when Red Robbo stood down and walked away, he did a great job on the programme and Website which was always kept updated to the second.

Boswell - That's a strange first post to make however you do make a valid point, unless I am physically involved with a Club I can't seem to pull myself together these days to venture too far afield, a bit like Lato and Manorborn when they choose their games to go and watch, maybe age is catching up on me a bit.

Originally Posted By: syd_lexic

Best wishes to both of the remaining SSML clubs playing tomorrow in the 5th Round of The FA Vase.

Biggleswade Town v Market Drayton
&
Chalfont St. Peter v Christchurch

Lets hope the weather allows these games to go ahead.

Hopefully both games will be on this afternoon so good luck to Biggleswade Town and Chalfont St Peter

Well done to both teams on advancing. FoRM were at Chalfont St Peter to see the home side gain a comfortable 4-0 win over Christchurch. It is very difficult to gauge exactly how much the tragic death earlier this week of Christchurch player Marc Burrows from cancer affected the visitors but especially in the first half they looked very disjointed in defence. Chalfont scored three times in the first half and Christchurch missed a great opportunity just before the interval. A goal then might have made a difference but a fourth goal just after the restart marked the end and in truth Chalfont could really have added plenty more in the last quarter but wasted some good chances.

Still thats two teams in the last eight..what price an all SSML final?

Incidentally quote from a SSML league official at half time with CHalfont leading 3-0 - "if Chalfont throw this away then we'll expel them from the league"

Originally Posted By: Lato

Incidentally quote from a SSML league official at half time with CHalfont leading 3-0 - "if Chalfont throw this away then we'll expel them from the league"

I assume that was Mick Ewen. I see FoRM didn't venture too far afield again.

The Biggleswade Town v Market Drayton game is all over another's Forum like a rash, it would appear that every other member was there however one is disputing the 718 gate saying that it looked closer to 418, it would be interesting to get Wader's view of the discrepancy.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
The Biggleswade Town v Market Drayton game is all over another's Forum like a rash, it would appear that every other member was there however one is disputing the 718 gate saying that it looked closer to 418, it would be interesting to get Wader's view of the discrepancy.

there will not have been a discrepancy rhodsey....half the gate is split and wader and MD are not stoopid enough to inflate a cup tie attendance..smile