Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Billericay 0-1 Horsham

Simon BTFC

They were the better team and deserved the win (although there was a suggestion of offside about the goal) they passed better than us, worked harder than us, created more chances than us. We were very lacklustre, particularly in the second half.

Tucker my MOTM, made some important saves and couldn't do anything with the goal.

Another very disappointing display. We had plenty of possession but again never really looked like scoring. I don't recall their keeper having much, if anything to do all afternoon, which, at home is unacceptable.

IMO, there was a lack of confidence all over the pitch with no-one really wanting the ball. A lack of urgency in the second half and we were fortunate it finished only 0-1.

15th I think now, 9 points off the play offs, but six off relegation.

Another defeat on Tuesday night and this season can be written off (unless we get sucked into a relegation scrap).

I thought we were the better side in the first half and they scored from their only real attempt. However, our response and general performance in the second half was very poor indeed.

Let's hope we see a big improvement on Tuesday.

I am in agreement with JL. The first 10-15 minutes we were playing great football. After that it seemed someone had turned the lights off, but I still thought that when it reached half time we were the better side and didn't deserve to be 1-0 down.

Second half was a completely different story, it seemed like we just gave up and I thought Horsham defended very well and looked dangerous on the break. If Tucker didn't make some good saves, it could have been a bigger scoreline. Like sticks, I can only remember us having one shot in the second half, which came from Paul Shave. We just didn't look like scoring.

We are now looking towards the bottom of the table, almost getting into the relegation dog-fight. I definately think play-off position's are out of the question.

We need a massive improvement on Tuesday, it is now three and a half league games that we have not scored in now, it's just not good enough, we need better delivery to our strikers aswell.

Originally Posted By: PAUL B
Possibly an all-time low

Oh dear...another "all time low"...That must be the 18th of the season. evil

Personally I agree with jl...it was inept. We played well enough in the first half but didn't chase the game in the second. Overall the whole game was played with a lack of effort and not just from us....Horesham and the officials added more than their two pennies worth.

Billy came on in 2nd half brucie. Also i thought Shave had a very good game yesterday he made some great tackles and nearly scored early on the 2nd half, but for a good block from one of their players. Hit the bar early on. Had a few more chances, the majority of the poessesion, but again we did'nt put our chances away and they were the ones who got the lead (whether it was offside or not), they could of scored more in 2nd, but for some good saves from Tucker they also it the post.

BILLERICAY LETS PICK IT UP AGAIN!

Disappointing match for me yesterday.

On the positive side, I thought Shavesy had a good game. He gave us the height to win some important headers as we've been coming off second best with those lately. And he was showing a degree of self control when going into tackles and headers. I was also impressed with Duncan trying to get the lads going in the final 10 minutes.

Disappointingly there did not seem any real desire to draw, let alone win in the second half. The team spirit shown at Dover and Sutton could have made all the difference yesterday.

Tuesdays league cup game couldn't have come at a better time. A distraction from the league and a test against some really good opposition. Lets hope we can get that winning team spirit back and put things right again on the pitch.

Come on lads - don't give up now!

So where do we/where can we go from here?

The management should be able to motivate and inspire the players to play as a team, and not individually, but this isn't happening.

But what about this team talk the management had with the players, when that happened we started winning our games, where has that gone?

Indeed & point well made Adam - I'm never comfortable with anything run by 'joint' managers or committees - they rarely work - We need somebody that can make decisions & lead the team into winning - It's not easy esp with lack of money !

What happened to Manager & Assistant Manager anyway ?

And Gazza even you gotta admit testerday was indeed an all time low (for now anyway !)

PS I'm not using caps !!

How was yesterday an all time low we lost 1-0 against Horsham who are not the worst team in our league by far. I think a lower point is more like our 5-1 drubbing from Ashford earlier this season.

Be SUPPORTIVE to BTFC!

Don't kncok them when they are "down"

I agree with Gaz, it wasn't an all time low just another dreadful performance in a season littered with them.

8 of the starting XI yesterday started in the debacle at Ashford, 7 in the visits to Harrow and Concord. Until there are significant changes in personnel I can't see us improving as the kind of "performance" we saw yesterday seems to be the standard now.

There's no excuses, we're no worse off for injuries than anybody else, Horsham coped with the pitch well enough to comfortably outplay us.