Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ins & outs

Steven Ferguson is to be released and is expected to sign for Tonbridge Angels.

Bradley Woods-Garness, who is currently on the transfer list, has so far rejected moves to a Blue Square South side and a Ryman Premier League side and is still available for loan or transfer. He is not expected to be part of the squad for Saturday's trip to Harlow Town.

Lee Hodges is to return as player/assistant manager.

Further ins and outs may take place over the coming weeks. Work is underway to bring in other new players, but we are unable to announce details at present

So long Fergie, i'm a bit surprised, to me he always put in 100% effort but you could see he's frustration all to often when it wasn't coming off for him.

Does anybody know where Lee has been since leaving Hornchurch, and what are his knee's like these days?

I suspect Fergie is one of the higher earners and even though is form at the begining of the season was excellent, the last couple of months have been full of poor and heavy touches. I'm sure I'm not the only fan that would like to thank Fergie and BWG for their efforts for BTFC.

Great to see the Hodge back at the club, welcome back Lee!

Not surprised about Fergie going - for me he was a hugely frustrating player who didn't produce anything like enough of an end product and tended to go missing when the chips were down.

Somebody should tell Bradley that he can't sign for anyone above BSS until the summer (when the window re-opens)... In the event that he doesn't find a club before the deadline, will he be considered for selection?

Welcome back Hodgie. Not sure what his background is as a coach for the assistant manager part of the role, but he's been playing for E Thurrock since leaving AFC Hornchurch. PHOTO

I'm sorry to see Fergie go. A real character and I wish hime all the best for the future. I will always remember your opening admonishment when I interviewed you for the Gift of The Gaz...

And welcome back Lee. A great move by the club.

In answer to Simon's question, I think we have seen the last of Bradley in a Blue shirt...but stranger things have heppened.

Well, we now have the money to pay Paul Shave his wages. evil

Agree with both player departures. Ferguson and BWG are both frustrating as they are talented. As the season has worn on, they've both wilted and neither has looked like they wanted to play in a Blue shirt. As for Hodgie, lets hope he can install some of his passing skills to the rest of the side.

Good luck to both Ferguson and BWG and welcome back Hodgie. What's happened to Grant Gordon?

Sorry to hear BWG has opted to reject a move to BSS, that could have done him the world of good and given him a fresh start. I for one wish him only good luck for what should be a bright future.

I was never impressed with Fergie's finishing but always impressed with his heart and passion. Good luck Fergie.

Now i know why a certain person give's a little grin everytime i mention Lee Hodges & Harrison Chatting in the same sentence!

Welcome Home Hodgie.

Expecting news, but not this news lol!

Although, I must agree with releasing Ferguson and BWG because like previous posts, Fergie has been some-what disappointing this season, first few games he showed what he was capable of, but he hasn't produced the same quality from them games for a while now.

BWG well... We knew it would happen.

Good luck to both players though!

Like Ryan said, whats happened to GG?

And great surprise for Lee to come back! Welcome back Lee smile

This could be a first - we all roughly agree with the managements decision?

(only kidding guys smile it would be boring if we all agreed on everything, and there are still a few key votes still to come in)

Back to the point. Off the pitch I would expect BWG and Fergie to be two of the biggest personalities in the dressing room, so if they are buoyant and confident then that could rub off on the rest of the team. However, if they are unhappy with their role or their performance that could affect the dressing room too. Only guessing on those points as I've never (unfortunately) been in the dressing room smile

On the pitch, both have enormous potential with their pace and ability. Unfortunately it hasn't come off for either of them in front of goal this season with BWG wanting to do an Arsenal and walk the perfect goal into the net and Fergie choosing to pass instead of strike and getting frustrated if he loses the ball. I'll be sad to see them both go, but wish them the success their ability deserves in the future.

It's now time for our talented reserves and U18's to get more of a chance in the first team, I'm confident West, Frankis, Chatting etc will, given time, prove to be great additions to our squad and will cement their place in the first XI. One of two fresh, experienced additions would also help the team.

PS I hope being sponsored by a dog didn't put the kiss of death on Bradley's season!

Good move IMO, I thnk both will certainly be on good money and havent been good value of late and for most of the season. Both have great pace but no real end product, fergie could quite easily been in double figures this season if he had a buit more composure in front of goal. Brad has also been lacking in confidence and has a bad attitude. Also and i feel that a fresh start for both players elsewhere is needed. Great move to bring back Lee Hodges to the club, I feel that if it doesnt work out for Jason and Grant, Lee could be the long term successor for the job. Interesting to see who else we bring in? Any ideas or whispers of who that may be? I believe we have a few injuries for tomorrows game, will be nice to see some of the younger squad players maybe given a chance against a possible relegation side come the end of the season.

Shame to see Fergie go, but delighted that Hodgie is back.

So in the last year we have had the following (not in chronological order):

Hodges out

Hodges in

Ferguson in

Ferguson out

Deane in

Deane out

Smith in

Smith out

Shave out

Shave in

Trott in

Trott out

Burbridge out

Burbridge in

Burbridge out

Henry in

Henry out

Clarey in

Clarey out

BWG transfer listed

BWG removed from transfer list

BWG transfer listed again

Flack transfer listed

Flack removed from transfer list

Hunter transfer listed

Hunter removed from transfer list

Have I missed any?

If we're looking for reasons this season hasn't been overly successful, could this version of the hokey cokey be a contributing factor?

Everyone that has been transfer listed this season has still played, BWG has still given effort in some of his games, Leon and Flack probably gave their best performances when they were on the list as well.

Clarey and Henry didn't play many first team games, both being injured for some games as well, so that wouldn't contribute to our season.

Hodges went at the start of the season so that wouldn't contribute either. We brought in Ferguson to try and cover.

Trott played 2 games, Smith played 1, so this shouldn't affect the season either.

Deane was a quality player, and I think we have missed someone of his ability this season, I thought Ferguson gave his best performances whilst playing with him.

Ferguson has only just been expected to be released so that can't count to our season.

Burbs has gone to get first team action, something he was limited to this season, so the management duo have done right by him for doing that, therefore we have brought in Shave to take the holding role, and give us some height either in defence, or in attack.

Shave has also been playing quite well, better then some other players so that has no contribution either.

The contributing factor is the uncertainty of the managers about what they want to do.

Why sign players to play them for 1 or 2 games and then release them?

Even within 1 season that begs the question why they were signed in the first place.

Do you think that this kind of activity doesn't unsettle players?

If they aren't good enough - don't get them in.

1 or 2 for a trial that doesn't work out is perfectly understandable, but this many?

Again, I admire your attempts to praise Shave at all costs.

His hour and 45 so far have been well worth bringing him back.

In fact, we've won 3 of the 6 games since his return.

Oh, hang on, he didn't play in any of those...

If only it were that easy Barry.

We wanted Hodgie to stay, He didn't really wnat to go, but the offer at Hx was to much to resist and he had to do what was right for him at the time.

It's not really happened for Fergie so I think it is a good move for both club and player

Dean had to be released, we tried but were unable to free up funds at the time.

Smith contacted us, and used us, so that he could play against Margate, Once that game was done and dusted he was off.

We needed Shave back so he would bring back the Bo%$*Ks that went missing when he left.

Trotty was worth a try at that moment in time was he not?

We didn't want Burbridge to leave and his offer from Enfield didn't materialise which meant he stayed. (Later) he was, and is injured, we had hoped that the move to WA would have got him fit so he could return, he is out again with a recurring back problem.

Henery has a lot going on at the moment and it was better for all concerned that he left.

Clarey was prepared to trial with the view to earning a place, and at the time it suited us. Dunc or Clarey Barry?

Transferring players with agents sometimes proves difficult.

Flack's work rate and willingness to be a team player is much improved is it not?

See note re Deane. (Leon has, and will always be loyal & professional;, I have the greatest respect for Leon, but he understands that these things happen in football)

It may well have been a contributing factor Barry, but would we have done any better by sticking with our original 18 and having 5/6/7 stood at the side injured.

Blimey along wiv Poochy & Co I actually agree wiv all comments above.

Maybe Lee will show the following......

1) How to take a decent free kick & even score

2) Play ball to feet

3) Close control

3) Keep ball on deck

4) Score goals

5) Most important of all = Lead by example, play as a team & have a bit of a laugh - It's only a game !

Good Luck Lee - It's good to have a 'character' back in the team along with Shavesey !

PS Poochy - Could we try Muttley in midfield ? We need a terrier-like quality with a bit if bite !? Wages would also be reasonable - A coupla bones & occassional 'treat'............

He's a demon defender - nothing gets past him and if it does he's lightening quick at running after it. His play is a bit selfish tho - he may run off with the ball and growl at anyone who tries to take it off him, therefore making it difficult to score a goal with!

doggy

Originally Posted By: Barry_T
Shame to see Fergie go, but delighted that Hodgie is back.

So in the last year we have had the following (not in chronological order):
Hodges out
Hodges in
Ferguson in
Ferguson out
Deane in
Deane out
Smith in
Smith out
Shave out
Shave in
Trott in
Trott out
Burbridge out
Burbridge in
Burbridge out
Henry in
Henry out
Clarey in
Clarey out
BWG transfer listed
BWG removed from transfer list
BWG transfer listed again
Flack transfer listed
Flack removed from transfer list
Hunter transfer listed
Hunter removed from transfer list
Have I missed any?

If we're looking for reasons this season hasn't been overly successful, could this version of the hokey cokey be a contributing factor?

You have missed Richard Ketchell of the list