Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Team of the Season

Isn't about this time that we all start to think about players that would make up a SSML team of the season?

I as ever will nominate Tom Blackman for the goalkeeping department as i still think he's quality. Ant Mutusamy has been outstanding in defence and young Aaron Clarke as a surprise package up front (It's not easy scoring goals and doing all Richard Howard's running as well).

It's good to see Kevin Cooper has proven he can score goals away from Hertford and Stuart Blackburne is still quality for Edgeware Garden City.

Sorry for stating the obvious but Craig Hammond's name has to be first on the list in the centre forward position and everybody else picked around him. Broxbourne Borough's Safraz Pivano has to be there too.

Yes and obviously Cranfield United's Stuart Reynolds who has hit the net well over 30 times this season.

Obviously Jonathan Donoghue at number 10 alongside Craig Hammond, what a frightening strike partnership!

Originally Posted By: onekeown
Obey Murefu Broxbourne keeper is easily the best in the league. Zimbabwe international...

onekeown, having been a regular at goffs lane for the last 2 seasons i couldnt disagree with you more on Murefu, hes capable of the most incredible saves, but is far from convincing in my book. Totally agreed with you on Ryan Wade though would certainly make a league rep squad, over 30 goals in a season is a tremendous effort, I also believe Micheal Nathan would sneak in, he's been Broxbournes most consistant player in an inconsistant season for the club.

I know they've had a poor season however Haringey Borough's Bosun Adebaki has to be in the starting line up, he has held the defence together single handed and even scored two or three important goals, I would say he is the sole reason the Coles Park Club are staying up.

Build the defence around our very own captain, Steve Magona. Best centre back Ive seen in the SSMFL in a very long time and I just hope we can hold onto him!!!

Lol, I wouldn't agree with that, it is only in the last two to three months that Biggleswade Town have come good after struggling to live up to all the hype and justifying their huge wage bill, even now they're not assured of the Championship and Chalfont St Peter are more than capable of winning there on Saturday.

Can't agree with you there Cliff, they've also had a good run in the Vase & as we all know the season is over 40 games this year. I probably saw The Waders on a poor day earlier this year, but if they're top on Saturday Night they will have fully deserved it.

Nicky Marsh & Bradley Poole impressed me when I saw him for Broxbourne, Kingsbury's left-back Terence Cariba also looked very good.

At Royston, you could include young keeper Jordan Gibson, Cnetre-backs Jamie Babbage & David Cain & winger Luke Robins as well as Craig Hammond

Originally Posted By: Bradwell Monk

The entire Biggleswade Town first XI, except I would replace Cooper with Craig Hammond, who is the most exciting player I have ever seen in this league.

Syd Lexic - Yes but Bradwell Monk said the entire Biggleswade Town First XI which is probably the most ridiculous statement I've heard on here in nearly three years.

The Bigg Town players are a smashing bunch of lads that have been a pleasure to be around and know this season. God knows it would be a massive feat to pull the title out of the hat after being so far behind The Hares for so long. So please don't denegrate how far they have come to set up this fantastic last official league weekend.

Wise ol' Syd is right, but I'll expand on that and say the season for any particular team has to be judged not just on how many points or cups you end up with, but how your team has grown over the ten months, what you have learned as a group of players and management and how proud you can feel as an individual for what you have contributed to, been part of and achieved as a team.

Come what may on Saturday, the Waders can be proud of themselves. Good people do good things, and the players at BTFC are great people.

Wader - Why did Biggleswade Town pull out of the Hunts FA Premier Cup out of interest as surely you would have beaten Yaxley blindfolded this evening.

As the gentleman syd lexic posted earlier Nicky Marsh has been an important cog in the Broxbourne machine for 2008/09 and I would be personally overjoyed if he was to be voted in to the league's best eleven. There have been several esteemed contributors on the field this season and anyone who misses out should not feel too aggrieved.

Originally Posted By: Wader

God knows it would be a massive feat to pull the title out of the hat after being so far behind The Hares for so long. So please don't denegrate how far they have come to set up this fantastic last official league weekend.

Of course I'm not denegrating Biggleswade Town's achievement, why would I do that, I'm only saying that you have made very hard work of it having been odds on favourites to win the league at the start of the campaign. So why did you pull out of the Hunts FA Premier Cup last night out of interest and hand the tie to a delighted Yaxley.

A couple of Langford players who have been outstanding this season and would not let team down are Joe De La Salle at centre back (who will play at a much higher level)and on the left of midfield Rob Groves, who is again Langford's leading scorer as well as top of the assists.

Rhodes - do you recall my start of the season prediction, saying Biggy Town would win the league, and you replied by saying 'how could I say that, not having seen Kentish Town'!. I think I am going to be slightly closer. Come on Wader, nearly there.