Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Farnborough FC (off topic.......for now anyway!)

TRS

Not CCL I know, but just interested in the views of the Farnborough and district contingent on this board regarding 'big spending' Farnborough FC.

I've been looking at their recent signings with disbelief - James Smith (England C player from Ebbsfleet), Sacha Opinel (Ebbsfleet), Kezie Ibe (you guessed it). Let's face it, they were all full time players at Ebbsfleet and are all dropping 2 divisions so what the hell are FFC paying?? Dons had Ibe on loan last season and I was hopeful we might get him this summer but I don't think we can compete to be honest! Also, a massive stand construction at the Prospect Road End underway. I just can't see Farnborough getting the crowds to justify all this - they didn't before (albeit Cherrywood Road was a bit of a dump). Struggle to average 1500 in the BSP in my view.

All I can see is the eventual bust (again) and AFC Farnborough having the best stadium in the CCL.....

No dont worry everyone it is ok. They have only the 7th biggest wage bill in the league and they are funding everything including their 4 full time staff through money the club makes.

And I am sure the

Originally Posted By: Krooner
No dont worry everyone it is ok. They have only the 7th biggest wage bill in the league and they are funding everything including their 4 full time staff through money the club makes.

And I am sure the

I've never heard of stewards being charged for home-games anyway !

Defeats the object, somewhat.

You tell me EG. The football foundation allowed them to carry it over from the old club to the new club but fully prepared to be corrected on that.

I thought hey got the FF money after they re-formed, hence all the work the did last summer.

As for the stand I remember seeing a few posters around the ground over the past couple of seasons asking for donations which was being managed by their supporters.

The FF only normally give grants to clubs that have a good infrastrcture, i.e. youth setup. This is why clubs lke Burnham got a lot of help when they rebuilt their club and why those other clubs have a hard time getting money if any at all.