Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hat-trick Teaser

Can anyone name the player to hold the unique distinction of being the only player to net a hat-trick in the F.A Premier League, the Championship, League One & Two, the FA Cup and at International level?

B******s that was a quick thread, well done football man, who does he play for now and who were the teams he scored them for?

Presently he plays for Nottingham Forest. His International hat-trick was for Wales v Scotland in 2004. The Premiership hat-trick was for West Brom against Charlton in 2005. He was with Cardiff City when he scored all the other hat-tricks. Do you want the opposition and the dates for these as well ?

My turn - and its an easy one. Who scored the fastest hat-trick in Premiership history and how long did it take ?

It was - 4 minutes and 32 seconds for Liverpool against the Ars***l in August 1994 ( I to am a Spurs supporter so I dont like mentioning that name)

One more question. In 1922 St Albans City created history in the F.A. Cup. What did they do ?

It was something like they were beaten 8-7 with all their goals coming from one player giving the fella the record for scoring the most goals in a FA Cup tie whilst being on the losing side. Dont ask me his name as I dont have a clue.

City's most famous match was on 22 November 1922 in a first round FA Cup match. Having been held by Dulwich Hamlet to a 1-1 draw at Clarence Park on 18 November, the replay drew a gate of 4,060. City's New Zealand-born goalkeeper W. Tennant did not appear, his place taken by Alf Fearn who was usually a half-back with the reserves. Dulwich put eight goals past him, the winning goal coming in near darkness at the end of extra time. What put the game in the record books was that City scored seven times, with all seven goals being scored by Wilfred Minter. His feat remains the highest tally by a player on the losing side of an FA Cup tie.

Close enough - They lost 8-7 to Dulwich Hamlet and became the first and only side to score 7 in an FA Cup match and lose the game on the day. Wilf Minter was the guy who scored all seven goals. Dulwich Hamlet, by the way, were also involved in a 7-7 draw with Wealdstone four years later. The highest scoring draw ever in the competition

Does John Obi Mikel count ( he was signed by Man U from some Norwegian Club -Lyn Oslo I believe but then signed for Chelsea without kick a ball for Man U)

1. Anelka - Arsenal, Chelsea & Liverpool

2. Silvestre - Man U & Arsenal

3. Mark Hughes - Man U & Chelsea

4. Juan Sebastian Veron - Man U & Chelsea

5. Ashley Cole - Arsenal & Chelsea

6. Gallas - Chelsea & Arsenal

7. Jermaine Pennant - Arsenal & Liverpool

8. Ince - Man U & Liverpool

9. Zenden - Liverpool & Chelsea

10 Petit - Arsenal & Chelsea

11 Mark Bosnich - Man U & Chelsea

12 Michael Owen - Liverpool and soon for Man U

13 Glen Johnson - Chelsea and soon for Liverpool

14 I think but im not sure - Lassana Diarra Chelsea & ? (could have been Arsenal) or it could be Andy Cole (Man U & Arsenal but im not sure when he played for Arsenal

The losing teams ribbons for the cup are always taken, but never used.

Whats the longest tie in FA Cup history (ie Number of games played before a winner)?