Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Slow

I have stripped out most of the hooks now - we are running fairly basic.

Can you please let me know if.....

It has made no real difference

It has made a slight difference and is now slightly faster

Wow - that is much better

It is now even slower

I am also employing someone to tweak behind the scenes on the server.

Still slow on IE, took 20 seconds for this reply box to come up.

30 seconds is still crazy for the quick reply box to appear.

Can you go to Help --> About to let me know the version of IE you have.

I am going to enable the shoutbox again.

And build up on bits.

However I would strongly advise folks upgrading browsers and perhaps considering alternatives to IE - the links in the second post go directly to the download sites of alternatives.

Also visit http://www.windowsupdate.com to ensure your computer is up to date. (not sure on MAC equivalent) - as if you are not running the latest versions of bits you are leaving yourself open a bit.

I am also using yslow on Firefox to time things.

The server is powerful and UK based - so can't see why that should be an issue.

It is a mystery - but one I will get to the bottom of.

If you are still experiencing slowness - can I suggest removing the shoutbox - I have posted directions on how to disable it in another thread (and how to get it back if you wish)

Have also cut down on the number of smilies being displayed - this could well have been a factor.

Finally the quick reply box has been moved up - so should appear quicker.

As I am seeing reasonable times at the moment, I am going to start putting other items back - but would appreciate any feedback.

Work is progressing on the server behind the scenes - so hopefully that will assist once complete.

doesn't make sense then LOL

The problem is it seems to only be affecting a few people and there is no real connections. if the second number was 5.x rather than 0.5 I could understand, but it is not.

If I have any other suggestions, I will post here.

If you are still experiencing slowness - can I suggest removing the shoutbox - I have posted directions on how to disable it in another thread (and how to get it back if you wish)

Have also cut down on the number of smilies being displayed - this could well have been a factor.

Finally the quick reply box has been moved up - so should appear quicker.

As I am seeing reasonable times at the moment, I am going to start putting other items back - but would appreciate any feedback.

Work is progressing on the server behind the scenes - so hopefully that will assist once complete.

Took 29 secs for this reply boix to show up after clicking. I will try and remove the shoutbox and see what happens then.