Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results Tue 20th Oct

I too enjoy reading this forum and drop in quite regularly. I'm also very disappointed about some of the rumours, half-truths and comments relating to the Chertsey v Badshot Lea postponement on Tuesday night.

I went to the game, and this is my understanding of events;

1. Chertsey's home kit (as described in the League Handbook) is White Shirts, White Shorts & White Socks; Badshot turned up with Sky Blue Shirts, White Shorts & White Socks.

2. Unfortunately Badshot arrived with only one kit; Chertsey’s second kit is not kept at the ground (because of a history of breaks-ins) and I understand it was still being washed after Saturday’s game at Bedfont.

3. The decision to postpone was the referee’s. The suggestion that Chertsey wanted the game called off is ridiculous. BOTH clubs were disappointed/annoyed at the decision to call the game off – this was plainly visible. To suggest that Chertsey planned it is also beyond belief - this would have in reality meant some kind of pre-arranged agreement with Badshot. Chertsey will have lost alot of money on the night - floodlight costs, bar staff, cost of officials, etc. Equally, Badshot would have incurred some travelling costs. Both clubs could be fined by the League.

4. Equally, both clubs made every effort to try to find some alternative kit. Cherstey & Badshot officials were willing to drive to sports shops in the area to buy kit, but the referee still called the game off as he believed there would not be time to complete the fixture by the 10pm deadline.

5. Someone suggested that Chertsey wanted this game postponed because of missing players. Yes, Chertsey were missing players at Bedfont (last Saturday), but these are longer term injuries; they will be missing from this Saturdays game (Sandhurst at home) and Tuesdays game (Cove at home). Do you think Chertsey will pull some stunt to get these games called off as well?

I have been watching non-League football for only a few seasons, and I have thoroughly enjoyed doing so; after years of watching the game at all levels, it has been a revelation to me and I am now fully converted. I am saddened though by the antagonism towards Chertsey just because they have an owner who has money to spend. Someone on here mentioned that Chertsey "get away with it" all the time. I’m not sure what this really means, but I’m aware that they take their fair share of punishment when rules are breached e.g. they were kicked out of the Cup last season for playing an ineligible player.

Tuesday night was a genuine error on both sides, and the referee had little choice to postpone. It was disappointing for all involved – the clubs, the players and the fans, especially those who had travelled. But it is even more disappointing to read some of the bizarre comments on this board.

As far as I'm concerned the error is with the away team, the home team advises the colours they are to wear and as you say it's in the handbook as well !!!!!

And as for wanting the game called off this is down to the referee and not the home or away team !!!!!

Good job you weren't at Krooner on Tuesday INMYDAY as Camberley were truly awful and on that showing against a very impressive Egham, will be lucky to win another game this season, how they took the 3 points is still a mystery to all supporters and onlookers, with just 2 shots on goal and a fluke OG winner.

'Good job you weren't at Krooner on Tuesday INMYDAY as Camberley were truly awful and on that showing against a very impressive Egham, will be lucky to win another game this season, how they took the 3 points is still a mystery to all supporters and onlookers, with just 2 shots on goal and a fluke OG winner. '

We football supporters are a fickle bunch hey, Camberley one loss all season and now Flint they wont win again?????

You seem a glass half empty kind of guy, some would say its a sign of a good side to win against an impressive side when not playing well. Maybe you were one of the guys I stood near at your ground talking about the manager and how his time maybe coming to an end, wouldnt blame him if he called it a day himself if he reads this. Had a brief look through your recent history and he seems to have done well, considering your usual finishing positions were bottom or just above. Bloody hell im turning into Nice Guy!!!

Anyway off to Merstham tomorrow so no CCL action for me.