Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results Tue 20th Oct

I know it's a floodlit cup but how many teams/rounds who's it run by etc.

Brunty will want to pick that one up then, especially if he keeps playing like he did tonight. Great captains performance.

It was the only second cup game we have performed well in all season and will be interested in Brunty's views when he gets on here.

JJ who you guys got and when you playing?

Great result for the team/club - Finally we have shown exactly what this team is capable of doing. - I spoke with the C&H captain in the bar and he said they were only missing 2 or 3 players that would start but mainly stated a few of them just didnt fancy it. It could have been alot more convincing than it was too with their keeprr pulling off 2 great saves and 3 or 4 goal mouth scrambles and finaly we got a bit of luck with the penalty decision in the first half. Blatent pen which was never given for C&H.

Need to carry on this performance into saturday now.

Also if we had had the ref we had on saturday they would have been down to 8 men after 20 minutes calling the ref every name under the sun and he did nothing. The ref on saturday gave our player a straight red for saying F*uk in his direction!! Then finally with 5 to go he decides to book someone for decent..... OUR player for saying i quote "your kidding me". Where is the consistancy with these refs!!!!!

I think we have been ok just have been punished for every mistake we have made this year so far...... Maybe one or too bad perfomances in there also.

Hopefully our luck has changed!!

I think we have been ok just have been punished for every mistake we have made this year so far...... Maybe one or too bad perfomances in there also.

Hopefully our luck has changed!!

Sorry Matty, I'm with Kroons on this one.

How the Donald Duck can we perform like we did last night, with at least 6 regulars missing, as you know, and then drop points at South Park etc.?

We have a Prem squad, but at times we are severely underperforming. There are going to be some very unhappy Players on Saturday, as I can't see the side changing much from last night.

Cobham 2-2 MVSCR

MVSCR win 4-2 on pens

A good game with plenty of action at Cobham last night between 2 evenly matched teams, who were both either missing or resting a few first team starters.

MVSCR led twice but we equalised within a few minutes on both occasions. Inc the shootout we managed to miss 4 pens out of 6 (WTF!!!) inc 2 in normal time, although the rebound was scored for our second equaliser.

Have to say I thought we shaded it with the better chances created and MVSCR have their keeper to thank for keeping them in the game on more than one occasion. We should really have wrapped it up before the shootout, but fair play to MVSCR who game us a bit of a lesson in how to take a good pen and good luck to them in the next round!

I think we both know..... Its the season for woodpeckers...and no JR not cider.

There are rumours of several players seeking teams. Maybe it's the sound of a morse-code key being used frantically.

Dorking FC 1 - Bedfont 1.

Dorking were held to a 1-1 draw on Tuesday night by Bedfont, managed by ex Crystal Palace striker Neil Shipperley. The draw makes it one defeat in 5 games and 2 defeats in 9 games for Tony Webb's Dorking side.

For the first 15 minutes it was end to end football with several good attacks by both teams.

On 15 minutes, Roy Newman was adjudged by the referee to have committed a tackle foul on the left hand side on a Bedfont striker just outside the box, and was given a yellow card. Bedfont's free kick was wasted, going wide of the goal All the play for the rest of the half was even, then 2 minutes into injury time in the first half, a quick break up field by Dorking was passed into the box from the left wing and found the Bedfont keeper totally committed to allow Joe Loyza to easily slot in past the Bedfont keeper to make it 1-0.

Unfortunately Dorking's lead did not last for long as in the 51st minute, a Bedfont fast attack saw a lob into the box which allowed a Bedfont player to make it 1 - 1. That goal was followed by more end to end play without either side able to capitalize on in-box attempts. With 10 mins to go, Phil Page was substituted by Webb for Shola. Shola seemed to change the pace of the game for Dorking for the last 10 mintes of the game as Dorking came close to snatching all three points, but the game ended in a 1-1 draw which was probably the fair result

Team:-

Dan Coote, Paul West, Alex Hill, Scott Murphy, Roy Newman, James White, Luke Jones, Dan Clayton, Phil Page, Joe Loyza, Gavin Quintyne.

Substitutes:-

Jesse Davis, Shola, Ryan Augustine.

Chertsey are nothing but big tme hypocrites. They have turned up to Raynes Park Vale two years on the trot with the wrong colour shorts and the Vale have always changed kit. A £25 is nothing to them and the league really need to clamp down on their flagrant bad conduct and unsportsmanlike behaviour.

Always thought that Chertsey conducted themselves in a proper manner befitting of a senior club and have never had or heard of anyone else having any problems with them it must just be you.....

If you count handing out brown envelopes stuffed with cash in the bar in front of a club that has no budget as conducting themselves in a proper manner then it must be me. Also stylish of Mr Day telling everyone that was willing to listen in the boardroom how much it was costing him. Real class.

I can see this thread getting even MORE interesting after that last post !

waytogo.gif

Must say I`m a great fan of this site - rarely quote but that doesn`t detract from my enjoyment.... and amusement at the banter!!

A few questions for you all:

1) Why does everyone bemoan a club that has finance? Name me one consistantly successful club from this level upwards without money and I`ll show you a pig flying over the moon! :)

- rather than moan about it either get yourselves a sugar daddy or more realistically champion the clubs that are achieving without the resources - maybe thats where the future superstars lie?

e.g Premier - Sandhurst - by all accounts the players are not getting bribed (i mean paid - a hypocrital comment i know.....just joking!), great start to the season, i know they have had a few bad results recently but I watched them at this stage last season when they were relegation fodder. Management team deserve proper cedit in my view. if the manager can do that without any dosh - imagine what he may do with it!?

2)clubs ground share? What is thepoint? When the £ runs out?? heard many propsoed clubs new grounds are a million miles away eg. Badshot Lea / Mole Valley eyc etc..... why pay money to share a ground and inevitably pay players with no foundations?..... Happy to be put right - i`m just saying it as it`s rumoured! Sometimes I think clubs have more ego`s than brain when it comes to long term planning.

3) Why do so many of you berate referess and their assistants? I have watches a dozen CCL games this year from both divisions and I have failed to come across a single game where any ...and I mean any player, has made less mistakes than an official..... Gents if you lose regularly you need new players... not new officials!

4) seen 5 games in div 1 this season and must say the standard compared to last year is much improved. Its interesting to see that a few of the fans of the favourites seem to think that it is between 3 or 4 teams and I think you are way off line.... Although from what i have seen i do think MV will win it, there are 10 teams that seem to have the potential if you look at who everyone`s played.

Prem - after questioning B/L earlier I love watching them when they are on song and it would be great to see them up there. IMO too illdisciplined and gung ho though and it has to be Camberley for me with maybe a couple of additions to their current best team.

3) Why do so many of you berate referess and their assistants? I have watches a dozen CCL games this year from both divisions and I have failed to come across a single game where any ...and I mean any player, has made less mistakes than an official.....

So you're saying every goalie you've seen has made more mistakes than the refs at every game? You must have seen a lot of goals this season then.

Bear in mind refs are on £20+ an hour - I doubt many Div 1 players are on that therefore you'd expect the refs to do a more professional job than the players. Bad players get dropped after two or three games, bad officials don't.

Some interesting points made Inmyday.GROUNDSHARING:SO by your assumption teams such as Charlton,M.K.Dons,Kingstonian,and nearer to home Mole Valley,Badshot Lea,and Warlingham,Croydon Municipal would now be non existent.With crowds diminishing I personally believe that groundsharing will be more substantial in years too come.REFS:Yes they do make less mistakes than players,but in the games I have seen this year in Div 1, Refs have made errors of judgement,that have cost clubs points,and players fines,but they have no recourse to complain.And having won our last 2 games,the official was poor in both games,1 over officious,the other anything goes ie no consistency. I also think that M.V will win Div 1.

3) Why do so many of you berate referess and their assistants? I have watches a dozen CCL games this year from both divisions and I have failed to come across a single game where any ...and I mean any player, has made less mistakes than an official.....

So you're saying every goalie you've seen has made more mistakes than the refs at every game? You must have seen a lot of goals this season then.

Bear in mind refs are on £20+ an hour - I doubt many Div 1 players are on that therefore you'd expect the refs to do a more professional job than the players. Bad players get dropped after two or three games, bad officials don't.

Yep...its true.....a poor kick, a bad call, a minor fumble..... Not necessarily a howler but mistakes nevertheless!

I have found this season, the standard of the referee's and officials HAS improved in the CCL Premiership over the last couple of seasons.

I'm normally at the ground a good 2 to 2 1/2 hours before a home game and one Referee's Assessor on the panel, if he is working at Meadowbank, always arrives early and we take the opportunity to have a sit down and long chat before everyone else arrives.

It's very easy to continually slag-off one official in the middle, when HE is trying to control 22 players on the field, PLUS two dug-outs of sometimes screaming club coaching staff.

The assessors are there to help and advise, and as my 'friend' tells me, it's hard enough to even FIND enough people to don the black uniform and walk out into the middle, especially when they know they run the risk of viriolic abuse both on the pitch and from the side-lines.

I actually heard an obscene and abusive remark screamed at a referee at Meadowbank recently, by a gentleman, (no - sorry, an over middle-aged yob), which, had there been a police officer in the ground, I would have had the man arrested and charged.

Incidently, I wasn't in the ground in a club capacity that particular day.

No - I'm not chasing Krooner Browny points - Just stating facts !! :coffee (2):

I too enjoy reading this forum and drop in quite regularly. I'm also very disappointed about some of the rumours, half-truths and comments relating to the Chertsey v Badshot Lea postponement on Tuesday night.

I went to the game, and this is my understanding of events;

1. Chertsey's home kit (as described in the League Handbook) is White Shirts, White Shorts & White Socks; Badshot turned up with Sky Blue Shirts, White Shorts & White Socks.

2. Unfortunately Badshot arrived with only one kit; Chertsey’s second kit is not kept at the ground (because of a history of breaks-ins) and I understand it was still being washed after Saturday’s game at Bedfont.

3. The decision to postpone was the referee’s. The suggestion that Chertsey wanted the game called off is ridiculous. BOTH clubs were disappointed/annoyed at the decision to call the game off – this was plainly visible. To suggest that Chertsey planned it is also beyond belief - this would have in reality meant some kind of pre-arranged agreement with Badshot. Chertsey will have lost alot of money on the night - floodlight costs, bar staff, cost of officials, etc. Equally, Badshot would have incurred some travelling costs. Both clubs could be fined by the League.

4. Equally, both clubs made every effort to try to find some alternative kit. Cherstey & Badshot officials were willing to drive to sports shops in the area to buy kit, but the referee still called the game off as he believed there would not be time to complete the fixture by the 10pm deadline.

5. Someone suggested that Chertsey wanted this game postponed because of missing players. Yes, Chertsey were missing players at Bedfont (last Saturday), but these are longer term injuries; they will be missing from this Saturdays game (Sandhurst at home) and Tuesdays game (Cove at home). Do you think Chertsey will pull some stunt to get these games called off as well?

I have been watching non-League football for only a few seasons, and I have thoroughly enjoyed doing so; after years of watching the game at all levels, it has been a revelation to me and I am now fully converted. I am saddened though by the antagonism towards Chertsey just because they have an owner who has money to spend. Someone on here mentioned that Chertsey "get away with it" all the time. I’m not sure what this really means, but I’m aware that they take their fair share of punishment when rules are breached e.g. they were kicked out of the Cup last season for playing an ineligible player.

Tuesday night was a genuine error on both sides, and the referee had little choice to postpone. It was disappointing for all involved – the clubs, the players and the fans, especially those who had travelled. But it is even more disappointing to read some of the bizarre comments on this board.