Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tuesday Scores

SCC result

Lingfield 2 - 3 Cobham (aet)

Poor performance on a generally shambolic night. None of the Lingfield officials were at the club when we turned up so no one could get in and then the lights couldn't be turned on, so ref had to put back the ko for 15 mins to begin with (having already thought about calling the game off for a number of reasons inc no penalty spots marked!!).

About 25 mins in a nasty injury to a Lingfield player meant a delay of 30 mins whilst an ambulance was called (all the best to said player in his recover). We then came out for the remainder of the half and found ourselves 1 down at h/t.

Second half they were reduced to 10 and after wasting many chances we found ourselves 2-0 down with less than 10 left. Managed to get a great goal back then in last min scored the equalizer from the spot.

Then there was confusion over e/t as we had been told the lights had to be turned off by 10pm and they just wanted to go straight to pens and the ref even said about playing 5 min each way, before deciding on having the full extra 30 and we scored the winner with the last kick of the game.

Talk about an eventful evening though!! Finally got home about midnight!

Was that allowed if you had no spots marked out?

I call 'Match Void' :wtf:

Cheers Nut, was an enjoyable game. The Manager got sacked before the match some morale was high. Wacko does look good on the bench I must admit!

Was that by text :evil:

No, Chairman had no credit on his phone :smilewinkgrin:

Cheers Nut, was an enjoyable game. The Manager got sacked before the match some morale was high. Wacko does look good on the bench I must admit!

Was that by text :evil:

No, Chairman had no credit on his phone :smilewinkgrin:

:97:

SCC result

Poor performance on a generally shambolic night. None of the Lingfield officials were at the club when we turned up so no one could get in and then the lights couldn't be turned on, so ref had to put back the ko for 15 mins to begin with (having already thought about calling the game off for a number of reasons inc no penalty spots marked!!).

About 25 mins in a nasty injury to a Lingfield player meant a delay of 30 mins whilst an ambulance was called (all the best to said player in his recover). We then came out for the remainder of the half and found ourselves 1 down at h/t.

Second half they were reduced to 10 and after wasting many chances we found ourselves 2-0 down with less than 10 left. Managed to get a great goal back then in last min scored the equalizer from the spot.

Then there was confusion over e/t as we had been told the lights had to be turned off by 10pm and they just wanted to go straight to pens and the ref even said about playing 5 min each way, before deciding on having the full extra 30 and we scored the winner with the last kick of the game.

Talk about an eventful evening though!! Finally got home about midnight!

Was that allowed if you had no spots marked out?

I call 'Match Void' :wtf:

Someone from the club painted them on as me and Jurgs were warming up. They were friendly enough but totally disorganised. Corner flags came out at kick off too.

SCC result

About 25 mins in a nasty injury to a Lingfield player meant a delay of 30 mins whilst an ambulance was called (all the best to said player in his recover).

You don't happen to know which Lingfield player was injured? About 7 or 8 of our side from last season have ended up at Lingfield this season.

Looks like I made the right decision to go to Sandhurst last night, In view of the other games in CCL. A game of 2 half’s Cove’s first half, but Sandhurst should have won it in the second. Sandhurst Midfield dominated 2nd half, Cove’s L winger looked dangerous in 1st half, But IMO Cove have the best player in the league in Dobbinson, he started at L Back and looked good there, in the last 15 mins Cove switched him up front and cove started to play better he had a shot that was well saved by keeper, and then got the winner in last min with a low shot into the corner.

Nice report Mr Dobbinson!!!

Took myself to Burnham v Croydon Athletic Tuesday in Trophy and was very disappointed with standard, the top 4 or 5 in the CCL would have probably beaten both these sides.

Looks like I made the right decision to go to Sandhurst last night, In view of the other games in CCL. A game of 2 half’s Cove’s first half, but Sandhurst should have won it in the second. Sandhurst Midfield dominated 2nd half, Cove’s L winger looked dangerous in 1st half, But IMO Cove have the best player in the league in Dobbinson, he started at L Back and looked good there, in the last 15 mins Cove switched him up front and cove started to play better he had a shot that was well saved by keeper, and then got the winner in last min with a low shot into the corner.

Nice report Mr Dobbinson!!!

But surely he'd know there's only one 'b' in Dobinson!

SCC result

About 25 mins in a nasty injury to a Lingfield player meant a delay of 30 mins whilst an ambulance was called (all the best to said player in his recover).

You don't happen to know which Lingfield player was injured? About 7 or 8 of our side from last season have ended up at Lingfield this season.

from the lingfield web site

Unfortunately we lost James Rutter after 28 minutes with what was a suspected broken leg – still to be confirmed and the game was halted temporarily while the ambulance dealt with him.

SCC result

Player from Lingfield broke his leg, quite badly aswell. I don't think it was from a challenge he his leg gave way on the soft surface. Ball was cleared and he was left on the edge of the box in a heap. I went over to see how he was and definatly broke his leg. Horrible sight.

It was only a partial failure and it was still possible to play it (in my view) but it was the officials decision not too :smashfreakb:

The lighting was still better than that at some clubs at this standard :brille008:

Whilst I wasn't actually there Tuesday I was keeping in touch with my mates behind the goal by mobile and their view agreed with Teffers that there was sufficient light to finish the match. It might be useful for Krooner or one of the refs to clarify as it seems to me there's a double standard on the bad light issue. If its foggy the criteria is the ref has to be able to see the edges of the pitch from the middle, there was light enough to see the other end and corners fronm the far end as spectators, surely its light enough.Are the laws different for floodlights or fog

Oh well I know people will say its what comes around comes around after we got off at Camberley at 2-1 down last year(still lost the replay mind) but after recent indifferent form (apart from the 0-6 win)we really needed to close out that win the other night. Hopefully we'll get some of that luck back in the vase nextSaturday.

The magic words that cover this appear regularly in the Rule Book, and start.......

"If, in the opinion of the Referee..... "