Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tuesday Scores

former CCL side Godalming produced shock of fa trophy by winning 3-1 at southern premier banbury tonight

....while their reserves beat Colliers Wood reserves 3-2.

That is the 5th time we have lost by that scoreline this season! :511:

Cheers Nut, was an enjoyable game. The Manager got sacked before the match some morale was high. Wacko does look good on the bench I must admit!

Went down to watch sandhurst vs cove. after an early scare from the home side Cove were two up and cruising they could have had a few more then a goal from nothing got sandhurst back in the game. 1-2 half time.

Sandhurst battered cove in the second half and could have scored 4 or 5 cove grabbed a last minute winner through Dobbinson with coves only real attack of the half.

Good game thought ref did a good job too. Will be interested to hear from a playing point of view.

Surrey County F.A Premier County Cup 2nd Round

Chipstead Reserves 2 Knaphill 2 (a.e.t)

Knappers led twice through Chris Fox and Matt Baker and had at least 10 clear chances to put the game out of sight in the 90 minutes and in extra time however, penalties decided the outcome with Knappers keeper Richard Shelley saving two Chipstead spot kicks and new signing from Banstead Athletic Stephen Greene scoring the winning penalty to take the Knappers through to the 3rd round winning 4-3 on pens to face either Farleigh Rovers or Tooting & Mitcham.

Cheers Nut, was an enjoyable game. The Manager got sacked before the match some morale was high. Wacko does look good on the bench I must admit!

Was that by text :evil:

Went down to watch sandhurst vs cove. after an early scare from the home side Cove were two up and cruising they could have had a few more then a goal from nothing got sandhurst back in the game. 1-2 half time.

Sandhurst battered cove in the second half and could have scored 4 or 5 cove grabbed a last minute winner through Dobbinson with coves only real attack of the half.

Good game thought ref did a good job too. Will be interested to hear from a playing point of view.

Thats a fair assesment Brunty. We were poor first half and the goal before the break gave us a lift.

All over Cove second half but we did not take our chances and in the last 10 Cove lifted their game and came close on a couple of occasions before a mix up at the back with our two centre halves gifted the points to Cove with a minute to go.

Referee was ok. Couple of needless cautions I think. He was being assessed so it would have been interesting to see what the Assessor made of it.

Was impresses with the Cove left winger and had to laugh at the lack of respect from the Cove sub at Johnno when he had a go at the front two for letting our centre half bring the ball forward for the umptinth time. Hope Johnno judo chopped him afterwards!

Chatting to a one of the Cove lads afterwards, he said they got a rollocking afterwards. Bit harsh as although they did not play well, they still got three points.

From our point of view performances have been improving after the recent blip. A few weeks ago, we would not have come back from two down, but there are still too many defensive errors.

SCC result

Lingfield 2 - 3 Cobham (aet)

Poor performance on a generally shambolic night. None of the Lingfield officials were at the club when we turned up so no one could get in and then the lights couldn't be turned on, so ref had to put back the ko for 15 mins to begin with (having already thought about calling the game off for a number of reasons inc no penalty spots marked!!).

About 25 mins in a nasty injury to a Lingfield player meant a delay of 30 mins whilst an ambulance was called (all the best to said player in his recover). We then came out for the remainder of the half and found ourselves 1 down at h/t.

Second half they were reduced to 10 and after wasting many chances we found ourselves 2-0 down with less than 10 left. Managed to get a great goal back then in last min scored the equalizer from the spot.

Then there was confusion over e/t as we had been told the lights had to be turned off by 10pm and they just wanted to go straight to pens and the ref even said about playing 5 min each way, before deciding on having the full extra 30 and we scored the winner with the last kick of the game.

Talk about an eventful evening though!! Finally got home about midnight!

Looks like I made the right decision to go to Sandhurst last night, In view of the other games in CCL. A game of 2 half’s Cove’s first half, but Sandhurst should have won it in the second. Sandhurst Midfield dominated 2nd half, Cove’s L winger looked dangerous in 1st half, But IMO Cove have the best player in the league in Dobbinson, he started at L Back and looked good there, in the last 15 mins Cove switched him up front and cove started to play better he had a shot that was well saved by keeper, and then got the winner in last min with a low shot into the corner.

TC you trying to get a bite out of Johnno? Don't think you will get 1 from him mate!

1st half was mostly Cove, we a took a 2-0 lead but Sandhurst never looked out of it and they missed a few decent chances. They got it back to 2-1 thanks toa great strike from 30 yards from Grant.

2nd half Cove didn't turn up and Sandhurst where all over us. Sandhurst should of equalised earlier in the 2nd half but missed a few good chances but they did eventually get the equaliser. After Sandhurst scored they looked like they where going to on and win the game until Koo made an inspiring substitution! Yes that's right me....... I mean a left back on and pushed Dobbo up top. We got the winner in the 91st min thanks to an assist from Sandhursts centre half's head after a ball was pumped up field which left Dobbo to run on to and finish well.

All in all very good game to watch and play in and Sandhurst where unlucky not to get anything out of the game. Just like to say how impressed I was with the pitch there, it is probably the best pitch in the CCL that I have seen on this season.

Not trying to get a bite Willo, just saying what I saw. I think you'll find that I am defending Johnno. His point was correct and the comment from the striker was unnecessary. I wonder who that striker was ;)

In all fairness Willo, good to see you last night. Hopfully you'll be given a run in the side rather than make cameo's from the bench. We know you are easily good enough.

Epsom 2-1 Bedfont - Match abandoned on 88 minutes - floodlight failure!

... and I thought THAT would have won the 'Surprise Post Of The Day'.

Still - Makes a change from 'Waterlogged Pitch' !!

It was only a partial failure and it was still possible to play it (in my view) but it was the officials decision not too :smashfreakb:

The lighting was still better than that at some clubs at this standard :brille008: