Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Chertsey Town

Rumphole

Just to put the record straight a bit even though I agree with the beer throwing incident being wrong I was in fact standing behing the Goal with chertsey towns Under 14 manager whose boys were also standing behind the Goal wearing thier team Tracksuits and I know for a fact that they were never involved in any spitting or Beer throwing incidents as said Earlier.It has however been mentioned to me todayby a mate that goes quite regulary that he saw the incident and reported to the club and that the lads throwing the beer have never been seen at the ground before

I too was standing behind the goals with the Chertsey fans for the duration of the match and can categorically state that the U14 Chertsey team that were wearing the club tracksuits had no invovelvement whatsoever in any of the alleged incidents of beer can throwing or spitting. Indeed when the club chairman came over to enquire about cans being thrown there was nothing on the pitch or around the goal that suggested any of this was true. At no time in al the game did I witness any spitting at all, I can ensure you all that if I had I would certainly have had no hesitation in reporting this to club officials to deal with the individuals. I did witness a small section of unknown supporters attempt to throw beer from a can at the WB goalkeeper, but this was a response to him throwing water from his bottle at them, which also covered a lot of the younger fans who had done nothing at all. The keeper was subject to a lot of banter during the game, mainly horns etc in his ears when taking goal kicks but there was no physical contact with him.

It seems to me that a lot of the WB fans that are posting on this site were not anywhere near the section of the ground where these alleged incidents took place and therefore are not really qualified to make such statements. I found all the WB supporters that I spoke to throughout the day to be thoroughly freindly football people and will be making the trip north next week.

We were hanging on a bit at the end and will have it all to do against what i thought was a strong Chertsey team.The antics were carried out by a bunch of kids,if that happened at our ground then the kids would be told to leave ,and eventually probably assaulted if no attention was paid.Our fans would police that sort of behaviour themselves.The proper Chertsey fans were very hospitable and good footballing people and will be well received on Saturday.Its good too see that the north south divide is alive and well on the site some good banter.

I have been reading all the comments about chertsey town and apart from 3 teenagers at the front of the terrace who we saw and reported threw beer from there can, a good day was had by all, the whitley bay fans were friendly and great banter was had by all. the kids that threw the beer we have never seen before at ctfc and as for the comments about the 13 year old youth squad, who, were standing with there manager and his assistant all in there tracksuits, those children sang and blew there horns and enjoyed the day, and at no time did they cause dissorder and i cant believe someone could state were drinking beer from cans!!! its laughable how people entice trouble and jump on band wagons. they as all the youth teams attending supported there club and were well behaved.

As i say apart from 3 teenage idiots at the front who tarnished our club the game and day was enjoyable and friendly.

We should be taliking about the game which was a fine cup game with nothing between the teams and could have gone either way, a fine world class save from the whitley keeper gave them another chance in the replay, how he got to it in the top corner ill never no! great save. and that was in the last couple of mins of extra time so surely would have won the game.

The replay should be entertaining aswell on whitley bays wide pitch and should lead to a few goals. may the best team win on the day.

Again, lets not blow everything out of proportion because of 3 idiots.

So who threw the can of lager (Carling) which landed about 2 feet from me ? It came from the Chertsey fans.

And before anyone comes on and says it didn't happen, it most certainly did. I was there and I saw it.

Edited by Rumphole

So who threw the can of lager (Carling) which landed about 2 feet from me ? It came from the Chertsey fans.

And before anyone comes on and says it didn't happen, it most certainly did. I was there and I saw it.

Rumphole,

I canot answer the question about who threw the Carling can, or indeed if it did happen, as I did not see it. I can , however, assure you and all the WB fans that the U14 team dressed in CTFC tracksuits had nothing whatsoever to do with any of these allegations. As mentioned before there was a small number of unknown fans who were responsible for whatever happened. The U!$ youth team is fully aware of its responsibilities when representing the club and all the boys know that any such behaviour would risk their continued time with the club

Rumphole,

I canot answer the question about who threw the Carling can, or indeed if it did happen, as I did not see it. I can , however, assure you and all the WB fans that the U14 team dressed in CTFC tracksuits had nothing whatsoever to do with any of these allegations. As mentioned before there was a small number of unknown fans who were responsible for whatever happened. The U!$ youth team is fully aware of its responsibilities when representing the club and all the boys know that any such behaviour would risk their continued time with the club

It most certainly did happen. I saw it.

And who were the youths pushing each other into Bay fans "accidentally" ?

Edited by Rumphole

Sorry you experienced the worst side of Chertsey, we are not all like that down here !!!!!

Tthought overall a draw was just about fair may be WB deserved it but it was tight

Great 1st goal by Chertsey's left back from 25+ yards (dont know what your keeper was upto) and a good equaliser by WB and over the 90 mins thought Whitley bay edged a tight game, a few chances for both sides but the visitors looked the stronger overall team and created more chances with the Chertsey defence struggling with the size and movement of your strikers.

WB down to 10 men for the last 10 mins or so + extra time and only then did Chertsey get on top but you always caused them problems with the strikers especially the no 9. Pommers had a great chance saved by your keeper 1 on 1 and his save from him from his long strike was top draw. Also the Chertsey keepers save from long range was impressive too.

Think you'll be too strong for them in the replay

It would be nice to think that Chertsey will do something about the misbehaviour but I doubt it as the stewards thought it funny. [i have a photo of the main offender on my phone].

Many wore Chertsey tracksuits and were clearly connected to the club.

I doubt that more than 20 will make the trip north as most home fans were under 16.

If you have a photo of the main offender then I would be delighted to see it. An e mail to me would be great as I would hope to be able to recognise or at least find out who he is....

Sorry you experienced the worst side of Chertsey, we are not all like that down here !!!!!

Tthought overall a draw was just about fair may be WB deserved it but it was tight

Great 1st goal by Chertsey's left back from 25+ yards (dont know what your keeper was upto) and a good equaliser by WB and over the 90 mins thought Whitley bay edged a tight game, a few chances for both sides but the visitors looked the stronger overall team and created more chances with the Chertsey defence struggling with the size and movement of your strikers.

WB down to 10 men for the last 10 mins or so + extra time and only then did Chertsey get on top but you always caused them problems with the strikers especially the no 9. Pommers had a great chance saved by your keeper 1 on 1 and his save from him from his long strike was top draw. Also the Chertsey keepers save from long range was impressive too.

Think you'll be too strong for them in the replay

It would be nice to think that Chertsey will do something about the misbehaviour but I doubt it as the stewards thought it funny. [i have a photo of the main offender on my phone].

Many wore Chertsey tracksuits and were clearly connected to the club.

I doubt that more than 20 will make the trip north as most home fans were under 16.

If you have a photo of the main offender then I would be delighted to see it. An e mail to me would be great as I would hope to be able to recognise or at least find out who he is....

And who was the youth who stole the woolly hat ?

Rumphole,

If you say it happened then I take your word for it. As I said before I do not know the youths who behaved badly but the U14 team in club tracksuits were not responsible. It seems they are getting blamed for wearing the club kit. I was with them all the time and 100% know they did not behave in this way. We were looking forward to a minibus ride up to you on Saturday with all the boys but are seriously recosidering now as I believe we have been treated unfairly

Rumphole,

If you say it happened then I take your word for it. As I said before I do not know the youths who behaved badly but the U14 team in club tracksuits were not responsible. It seems they are getting blamed for wearing the club kit. I was with them all the time and 100% know they did not behave in this way. We were looking forward to a minibus ride up to you on Saturday with all the boys but are seriously recosidering now as I believe we have been treated unfairly

There were more than 3 youths behaving inappropriately. Some of those in club tracksuits know who the trouble makers were.

I am not denying that the beer can wasnt thrown buthas i have stated before I was standing with the manager of the under 14's side who was with his team and i can tell you on my life that none of the boys in the tracksuits caused any problems towards the whitely bay fans .If you would also like to send me the picture by e maili will also try and help recognise the culprit as i was standing behing the goal with the other fans and have followed Chertsey for a while and wouldntlike to see idiots like that drag the club down

It only takes one or two to get a whole club a bad name.

The fact that the guilty parties were wearing Chertsey track-suits doesn't definitely mean they were actively involved with the club.

We get Dorking Under 18 players in to watch a first team match on occasions, and if they behaved in such a manner, they would be severly disciplined, or to put it another way, their feet wouldn't touch !!

Lets leave it to the Officials of the two clubs concerned to sort the matter out.

Edited by Big J R

The fact that the guilty parties were wearing Chertsey track-suits doesn't definitely mean they were actively involved with the club.

We get Dorking Under 18 players in to watch a first team match on occasions, and if they behaved in such a manner, they would be severly disciplined, or to put it another way, their feet wouldn't touch !!

Lets leave it to the Officials of the two clubs concerned to sort the matter out.

JR

You are quite right. This is a matter which is being dealt with at club level and I have provided the Bay chairman with a full account of what happened.

I received a message saying that the Under 14s had been asked if they had misbehaved and had denied it (the 8 who had been asked). Hardly surprising. It might be better to ask the questions: (i) what did you see ?; and (ii) who was involved ? Not least because I have a photograph of a young man in a Chertsey tracksuit paying considerable interest in the misbehaviour rather than the football.

In the light of that photograph (which I will make available to our officials) it is quite wrong to say that the Under 14s know nothing what happened. Of course, I only took the photograph because the person photographed was involved in the pushing and shoving.

I will leave it to the club to decide if it wishes to take the matter further.

JR

You are quite right. This is a matter which is being dealt with at club level and I have provided the Bay chairman with a full account of what happened.

I received a message saying that the Under 14s had been asked if they had misbehaved and had denied it (the 8 who had been asked). Hardly surprising. It might be better to ask the questions: (i) what did you see ?; and (ii) who was involved ? Not least because I have a photograph of a young man in a Chertsey tracksuit paying considerable interest in the misbehaviour rather than the football.

In the light of that photograph (which I will make available to our officials) it is quite wrong to say that the Under 14s know nothing what happened. Of course, I only took the photograph because the person photographed was involved in the pushing and shoving.

Let me have a copy of the photo to see if it is one of the U14's and I can deal with it. I do not for one second believe they were involved in any incidents, remember paying considerable attention to something is quite different to actually getting involved. Also I'm not to sure about the ethics of a grown man taking photos of 13 and 14 year old boys on their phone!

JR

Let me have a copy of the photo to see if it is one of the U14's and I can deal with it. I do not for one second believe they were involved in any incidents, remember paying considerable attention to something is quite different to actually getting involved. Also I'm not to sure about the ethics of a grown man taking photos of 13 and 14 year old boys on their phone!

CTFCBOY

I have no idea who you are or your connection with Chertsey Town Football Club. I have already said that this matter is being dealt with between the clubs and I will leave it to them to deal with. If Chertsey Town is a responsible club then it will disassociate itself from what happened, particularly in the light of other postings on here which showing that spitting on the opposition goalkeeper, for example, is not an isolated incident in games involving your club.

In any event I would no confidence in any "investigation" that you may undertake. Your reading of my post is highly selective as I said: " I only took the photograph because the person photographed was involved in the pushing and shoving."

I repeat what I have said already that the relevant questions for you to ask the Under 14s are: (i) what did you see ?; and (ii) who was involved ? Either you can ask them or I will ask our chairman to ask them and the matter will escalate onto a formal level. Do you really expect 13/14 year olds who have misbehaved to admit it ?

I know that Under 14s were involved. Your failure to address this matter properly gives me no confidence in any exercise that you may undertake which is likely to be a complete whitewash.

Your final comment is - as I am sure that you know - of no relevance or significance and simply an attempt to divert responsibility. If you are not sure about something then don't waste time posting about it.

JR

CTFCBOY

I have no idea who you are or your connection with Chertsey Town Football Club. I have already said that this matter is being dealt with between the clubs and I will leave it to them to deal with. If Chertsey Town is a responsible club then it will disassociate itself from what happened, particularly in the light of other postings on here which showing that spitting on the opposition goalkeeper, for example, is not an isolated incident in games involving your club.

In any event I would no confidence in any "investigation" that you may undertake. Your reading of my post is highly selective as I said: " I only took the photograph because the person photographed was involved in the pushing and shoving."

I repeat what I have said already that the relevant questions for you to ask the Under 14s are: (i) what did you see ?; and (ii) who was involved ? Either you can ask them or I will ask our chairman to ask them and the matter will escalate onto a formal level. Do you really expect 13/14 year olds who have misbehaved to admit it ?

I know that Under 14s were involved. Your failure to address this matter properly gives me no confidence in any exercise that you may undertake which is likely to be a complete whitewash.

Your final comment is - as I am sure that you know - of no relevance or significance and simply an attempt to divert responsibility. If you are not sure about something then don't waste time posting about it.

JR

CTFCBOY

ok, having spoke to a few people who have witnessed the incident aparantly the whitley supporter who had the hat taken off him and thrown on to the pitch, then fronted the chertsey culprit and took his phone out to take a picture of the lad who stole it, the lad DID NOT have a chertsey tracksuit on. then the crowd started singing at the whitley fan because he got hes phone out, i wont repeat what they were singing but you can probably guess if someone starts to take photos of young people.

After that the whitley fan went back to his own fans standing next to chertseys and took the photo of them singing.

thats what i have been told so far in trying to get to the bottom of it.

the picture taken is not of the hat stealing beer throwing spitting culprit, it seems to me to be a random picture taken of the fans in front of him.

lets now leave things as has been said to let the 2 clubs sort it out.

the people that need to be pointed out are the lads that have aparantly thrown beer from a can and spat.

Ronniectfc

Make sure that you give your club the names of witnesses so that it can make all proper inquiries. I would be interested to know the number of people (not the names) you have spoken to who witnessed the incident so that your club can be sure that it has spoken to all witnesses. I won't hold my breath waiting because I don't think they exist or that you have the guts to say.

You obviously saw nothing yourself and what you have reported is completely inaccurate.

You may rest assured that my pictures are not at all random.

And I presume that you are insinuating that that the Chertesy fans were singing obscene songs in front of their own 13 and 14 years olds. How quaint !

Your really do have a club to be admired.

Keep on posting as you are dropping your club in it more and more.

Edited by Rumphole

"You can rest assured that not all my photos were totally random"

You're quote so obviously you did take more than one photo because someone was in your opinion acting inappropriately, and indeed took some random pictures of 14 year old boysm

You show yourself to be a person who is unwilling to accept others opinions and instead wishes to dwell on rubbish. Are you just enjoying blowing everything out of all proportion?

Obviously you have nothing better to do than moan on a forum about a woolly hat being stolen! How trivial.

And for your info I do not have a position within the club. I am a fan who goes home and away regularly and can not stand by and listen to such fabrication by you.