Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AFC Totton watch

Rother

Nout, absolutely zilch. No mention at all, not a surprise as matches themselves don't often get discussed. Latest post about photos of new ground

I suspect they do get discussed, very briefly, then.... "thread deleted".

hitler.gif

Edited by Rother

Hmmm, getting a bit interesting now isn't it?

If we are going to be without Bullivant for a few games, (seems a fair guess) and Totton seemingly firing on all cylinders after thrashing Thatcham, the jitters might be setting in with the players.

Fair play to Totton though, after losing on Tuesday to come out and comprehensively win 2 games in the same week (against decent enough opposition) is a fine achievement.

I was hoping to start a thread titled 'Windsor Lose Again' as you dont seem to report on your loses. However I stayed for one too many pints and I missed my chancesmilewinkgrin.gif

Stag Whippet, I note you have a game at Cirencester next Saturday [27th] and, in all sincerity, I hope you return home with no serious injuries as they seem to have adopted a 'Cripple our way to the playoffs' attitude! 6 bookings in the previous game and 8 yesterday tells a tale - I've never seen 8 bookings for one side in 30 years of non-league football and only 1 of them was a stupid technicality!

I would hate the challenge between our two teams to be decided by how many injuries one team caused both of us because we're both better than that and wouldn't consider sinking to those depths! Over the years I've left grounds after matches feeling elated, disappointed and sometimes even cheated and I'm sorry to say I can now add disgusted to the list.

Another excellent win for you guys last night.

Now you have 6 games in 14 days all against teams in the Top 8, and 4 of those away - if you get through that lot and still have a realistic chance of overhauling us you will have done bloody well, that or the wheels will have well and truly fallen off our season!

Keep it up guys, I'm hoping to go to Bracknell needing a win to clinch the title!!

Yes, a good result, didn't go but local paper report says a deserved result.

Tough games to come, but you never know. At least Bridgwater dropped a couple last night to give us a bit of breathing space if we can't do the miracle.

Yes, a good result, didn't go but local paper report says a deserved result.

Tough games to come, but you never know. At least Bridgwater dropped a couple last night to give us a bit of breathing space if we can't do the miracle.

Bet you are loving cirencester on a saturday away and then on the monday night paulton! Just what you need after a 'physical' game!! Almost not worth coming home!!!

Really really sorry we'se could not do youse a favour today. Totton played their usual (effective ) formula game - defended by whatever means possible, admittedly helped by a poor Ciren front line display today; played well within themselves, contained the midfield, clearly ready to settle for a point but also worked for and waited for the mistake. We made it (should have wellied it out, did not), punished it ruthlessly. Got to say that was impressive.

They do it every match and while it is horrible to watch it sure brings them results. We had a go last 20 but in all honesty, never really made a clear chance on target. They were more than lucky when their left back dropped our 2 after he had skipped past him and got within 10 yards of the post but I've seen those given - and not given. Today, not given! Ho hum. Posted elsewhere on the Gavin Smith thingy

They never looked like scoring all game. Their only threat was from the Stoke like throw ins from their sub. To be honest, I thought the ref was going to give a pen, their guy was all over our defender on his run into the box and it should have been a kick to us, maybe that is why he gave us the benefit.

I have to take issue with 'clearly came for a point'. I am sorry, but that is complete twaddle. Why the hell would we come for a point when we have (admitedly unlikely, but mathmatically) the title in our own hands.

Horrible to watch, hmmmm. Defended well contained the midfield, ruthless for the goal. Now I am no expert, but that sounds like, well organised footbal to me.

Hey Ho everyone sees it differently, like, off to see paultons hoof it upfield all game on Monday.

On last weeks subject of yellow cards. I have to say (1 I think for handbags at 10 paces) there was hardly a dirty challenge in the game so i don't know why it all kicked off at your place, but as Rother said, maybe most of those cards were a joke. Yesterdays ref was pretty good and did not give much oppotunity for 'bloody hell ref, you blind' !! Lino on the clubhouse side was though !!

Full marks to their keeper, blimey he's a big fella. Was having a laugh with our fans all game. Top Bloke

Oh yes, great beer as well, shame i was driving

Edited by Stag Whippet

They never looked like scoring all game. Their only threat was from the Stoke like throw ins from their sub. To be honest, I thought the ref was going to give a pen, their guy was all over our defender on his run into the box and it should have been a kick to us, maybe that is why he gave us the benefit.

I have to take issue with 'clearly came for a point'. I am sorry, but that is complete twaddle. Why the hell would we come for a point when we have (admitedly unlikely, but mathmatically) the title in our own hands.

Horrible to watch, hmmmm. Defended well contained the midfield, ruthless for the goal. Now I am no expert, but that sounds like, well organised footbal to me.

Hey Ho everyone sees it differently, like, off to see paultons hoof it upfield all game on Monday.

On last weeks subject of yellow cards. I have to say (1 I think for handbags at 10 paces) there was hardly a dirty challenge in the game so i don't know why it all kicked off at your place, but as Rother said, maybe most of those cards were a joke. Yesterdays ref was pretty good and did not give much oppotunity for 'bloody hell ref, you blind' !! Lino on the clubhouse side was though !!

Full marks to their keeper, blimey he's a big fella. Was having a laugh with our fans all game. Top Bloke

Oh yes, great beer as well, shame i was driving

I think you will find it is in our hands at the moement smilewinkgrin.gif

I beg to differ. If we win all our games, we win the league. We would have 105 points, you would have 103. think you have forgotten that we cant both win on 10th April

As I said unlikely, but mathmatically correct

Please feel free to correct me if i am wrong

Oh well...

I'll be a Paulton fan on Monday then!!

COME ON TOTTON!!!!!!!!! A win for Totton tomorrow & that puts Frome in with a great chance of a 5th place finish with a trip away to Paulton on bank holiday monday being pretty much the 5th place decider. We could still see W&E fans stood bhind our goal again next season!!!

Well, that's the way I've been seeing it for weeks now but one has to admit that Totton have already done brilliantly in this spell of fixture congestion for them. You'd think it would catch up with sometime and you're right, the 10th April would be a good time for exhaustion to set in!

Everyone keeps saying the games will be too much, but we are going to have to play some heavy weeks as well now. Their run in is tougher but we need to just concentrate and get back to playing our football. nerves are clearly going to set in the closer the title gets, for both teams. But fair play to Totton, they are really giving it a go and not giving us an inch. Whoever wins this title deserves it, we went 32 games without defeat, if they win it coming from that far behind and getting the points off that many games in hand no-one would begrudge them. It is going to be interesting and very exciting run in, just hope I have fingernails left at the end....