Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AFC Totton watch

Rother

You know when you have one of those days when you get up, the cat has shat on the carpet, the missus blames you, the kids are playing up and the car won't start ?

Thats what yesterday felt like. Our right back is on the left, our best striker is on the bench wtf.gif and then 20 seconds, yes 20 seconds the goal comes from, yes you guessed it - down their rightwall.gif

Just as we looked like getting into the game, they score a gain a minute from half time.

We were better in the second half, but pushing forward they nicked another one. We did then have alot of pressure and many a goal mouth scamble and finally scored from a cross come shot that their two foot tall keeper misread. 10 minutes left and we get a penalty, awful penalty that just about summed up the performance and a great save from the rebound. On comes our 12 foot tall sub Cambell. We get corners, where is our towering chappie, who is a good two foot taller than their keeper ? In the b...... centre circle flame.gif

I would like to blame the hectic schedule, but I don't believe that had anything to do with it. The first minute of the game set the tone for the whole game. Don't think you will be seeing our right back on the left and our best striker on the becnh next week.

right off to let the cat out - on the end of my foot !!

Stag whippet nice to read such a witty summery of yesterdays game [ totton v vt ] shame could not read anything about the game on tottons web. Have just joined this site, finding my way round, not to good with computing. look forward to mondays game at gosport

Totton fans if you wish to use our board thats fine...as long as you pay rent! :signthankspin:

Joking aside i have not come across another forum with as many clubs posting on it as ours!

Worse news from gosport, 2-0 to totton and full time. Will be a close finish now, everything riding on saturdays match, could be a battle! duel.gif

Come on Bridgwater on wednesday!! Anything other than a Totton win is a huge result. Anything other than Totton winning their next 2 games and i'll start to actually think about winning the league for the first time this season.

As it seems Peter is willing to fund a side to a Good SLP level it could be a very exciting time....

* Takes selfish fan hat off*

Totton fans if you wish to use our board thats fine...as long as you pay rent! signthankspin.gif

Joking aside i have not come across another forum with as many clubs posting on it as ours!

I like this forum as it frequented by obviously charming, intelligent and witty people (thank you very much, don't mind if I do, mines a pint of IPA,)

Comfortable today after a scrappy first half, AND guess what, our right back was on the right and our best stiker was on the park from the start dance%20(2).gif

Now, where's that b....... cat !!

Edited by Stag Whippet

Totton fans if you wish to use our board thats fine...as long as you pay rent! :signthankspin:

thanks woody looking forward to saturday, should be a cracker, be better if we get a result on tues against bridgewater

we will have to up our game though. Buy you a pint on sat win or lose

I like the fact that supporters from other teams use our forum. Most fans at our level of football are pretty decent, (with some exceptions ). But i must say that the Totton fans who made the trip to Windsor earlier in the season seemed a thoroughly decent bunch.

Looking forward to saturday. If Totton win the title they will have earned it.

Actually, loooking forward to the p!ss up in southampton before the game, rather than the game itself.

I have a feeling the game may be a rather fraught affair !!

Would like to add my 'support' for coming on here from another club. Like many fans, tend just to lurk at our local clubs where I know a lot of people (Tigers, Mangos, Bluebells) and can get to their games. Before our game at yours was impressed by Woody responding to a 'Where can we find a decent ale 'ouse' post, responded even more after that game following very honest comments from yr team and even after a bit of two & fro :signthankspin: about why 3 of our players did not do enough to earn a yellow card, got drawn into this specific thread more than the others. It is fun.

Looked for but did not find Stag Whippett at our place (though I'm sure he was one of the many who chucked silver coins into the bucket) cos anybody who makes witty comments must be fun) and of course am now coming back a lot to have a lurk, if not a post, becuase this is a lively, welcoming and even handed Forum.

At our level, this is what we actually enjoy - geez, what other nutters do you know who will follow their team across the South and West yet still have time for a warm word with an opposition fan? Got to admit, just on the 5 games I've seen of both Totton and Windsor this year, I favour the Royalists but only for the sentimental reason that having not got to the final hurdle last year they have made a superb effort to get there this year. Believe me, that takes a load of guts and effort.

While Totton have done just about as well on the park and it now will be a game well worth making the effort to see next week, Windsor have a Forum and match report website that lets us 'outsiders' look in and share the pleasure and the pain. Fair play, both - it has been so far a fascinating season and there wil be twists and turns before the end. Good luck, both. :smilewinkgrin:

Edited by cirenpylonsider

Would like to add my 'support' for coming on here from another club. Like many fans, tend just to lurk at our local clubs where I know a lot of people (Tigers, Mangos, Bluebells) and can get to their games. Before our game at yours was impressed by Woody responding to a 'Where can we find a decent ale 'ouse' post, responded even more after that game following very honest comments from yr team and even after a bit of two & fro signthankspin.gif about why 3 of our players did not do enough to earn a yellow card, got drawn into this specific thread more than the others. It is fun.

Looked for but did not find Stag Whippett at our place (though I'm sure he was one of the many who chucked silver coins into the bucket) cos anybody who makes witty comments must be fun) and of course am now coming back a lot to have a lurk, if not a post, becuase this is a lively, welcoming and even handed Forum.

At our level, this is what we actually enjoy - geez, what other nutters do you know who will follow their team across the South and West yet still have time for a warm word with an opposition fan? Got to admit, just on the 5 games I've seen of both Totton and Windsor this year, I favour the Royalists but only for the sentimental reason that having not got to the final hurdle last year they have made a superb effort to get there this year. Believe me, that takes a load of guts and effort.

While Totton have done just about as well on the park and it now will be a game well worth making the effort to see next week, Windsor have a Forum and match report website that lets us 'outsiders' look in and share the pleasure and the pain. Fair play, both - it has been so far a fascinating season and there wil be twists and turns before the end. Good luck, both. smilewinkgrin.gif

I would echo all of that.

Yes I was there, behind the goals, and I did indeed chuck into said bucket as I had read about it on here. Only had a beer before and at half time as I was driving that day and had to get back for other commitments so left straight after. We thought your ground and facilities were superb, if a little blowy ! Hopefully , that is what our new one will be like next season.

Edited by Stag Whippet

So, Totton manage what we couldn't and get a result at Bridgwater.

You just have to hand it to them, what a magnificent performance over this last few weeks. Stunning. Upsetting yes, but definitely stunning!

Hoping they are going to be knackered for Saturday almost seems a little forlorn now! We may need to carry some kryptonite with us on Saturday to see them knackered.

(Still think it'll catch up with them eventually!!)

I've said ever since we played them they can take teams apart better than we can. They were a class above anything i've seen this season other than us!

The pressure is on Totton more than us on saturday however.

You just have to hand it to them, what a magnificent performance over this last few weeks. Stunning. Upsetting yes, but definitely stunning!

Hoping they are going to be knackered for Saturday almost seems a little forlorn now! We may need to carry some kryptonite with us on Saturday to see them knackered.

I don't know about them being knackered, but i am, I got home at 1.30am !!

Roll on the weekend

I don't know about them being knackered, but i am, I got home at 1.30am !!

Roll on the weekend

The pressure definately on totton yes but if they get a result on saturday then the pressure will be on us, even with them making up the points after what was it 19 points behind at one point we can lose on saturday and it is still in our hands, all our remaining games look winable.

I think totton have done what very few sides have done with so many games in hand, i should be annoyed but i do admire them for keeping at it, whichever of us doesnt make it hope they go up through the play offs. having both lost in the play offs last season, don't want a repeat, not anice feeling.

Not sure about the pressure being on them - but one would imagine that they are certain to be on a real high; we, on the other hand, are not.

Then again, we definitely won't be knackered after the recent break from playing; they, on yet another hand, really should be on their last legs.

Would like to add my 'support' for coming on here from another club.

Ditto to that Cirenplylonsider. Noticed youve posted a bit on FTFC forum too. You seem to know my fellow Cornwall Frome fan, Exile Cornish Hat? Sometimes known as Trev the piss head!! Looks like its Ciren or Frome for 5th place. Who's gonna slip up i wonder??? nearly as gripping as the Windsor/Totton race. (Nearly!!)

On many football forums there is a minority who will tell away fans that they aren't welcome, but it's great that no-one has been anything other than extremely welcoming to all and sundry on here (since I've been a member anyway...). It could have been like that on the Totton forum as well if Mr Budny's various aliases hadn't decided I was a gloating troublemaker.

Ditto to that Cirenplylonsider. Noticed youve posted a bit on FTFC forum too. You seem to know my fellow Cornwall Frome fan, Exile Cornish Hat? Sometimes known as Trev the piss head!! Looks like its Ciren or Frome for 5th place. Who's gonna slip up i wonder??? nearly as gripping as the Windsor/Totton race. (Nearly!!)

Yep - I live in Brissle so Paulton, Frome and Bridgy are easily within reach for a night game. Thoroughly enjoy going to them; good teams so I usually get an entertaining match. Had to giggle when the Frome Cider End (youth section) gave the W&E fans some welly that night and the dozen or so travelling lads just ignored 'em! Have not seen Hat for a game or so - fair weather him, eh? :coffee (2):

Us? Play-offs? Hmm. Have lost our goal scoring mojo big time. Almost certain to let a daft goal in at Abingdon and then batter desperately away and maybe sneak a jammy equaliser ..... maybe. Also MAYBE, we are at VT next week and they may be soooo nackered we'll get past them :mellow: