Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What do You think of the Spectrum?

Negatives - As a player you have to go get the ball when it runs out of play! - Club house (if you can call it that) is terrible.

Pitch is usally heavy and uneven.

Positives - i would think its a good view for supporters.

Edited by Brunty84

Agreed Brunty! Nothing worse that a stop start game due to the balls running away where theres no close surround to the pitch!

As for positives, the only one I can think of is that've I've never lost playing there and won a couple of Guildford and Shere Youth league cups there too :discobanana:

Edited by Wattsy

Agreed Brunty! Nothing worse that a stop start game due to the balls running away where theres no close surround to the pitch!

As for positives, the only one I can think of is that've I've never lost playing there and won a couple of Guildford and Shere Youth league cups there too discobanana.gif

Wattsy did not realise that the spectrum was around in the 80's in your youth,my only recollection of The Spectrum was that the Bar was a NO SMOKING AREA way before the law was brought in,but great view of the Ice rink.

Cheeky! I was born in 83 :smilewinkgrin: We played there twice in 95/96 season before the finals where held at Walton Casuals, that was our cup each year along with the league. Good old Horsley days!

You always see a goal before you hear the goal due to the cheer not reaching the supporters, due to the speed in which sound travels. IE: Light travels faster than sound!!

Understand everybody??

Great viewing for the ice-hockey, if you're into that sport !

True BJR, I'm a massive Hockey fan and visit regular. So that is another good point from me :smilewinkgrin:

War bunkeresque changing rooms smell of chlorine, made me wanna swim not play football, good view from the pitch to the stand, i would imagine they had a decent view back, didnt really have any problem with the ball going to far off the pitch theirs only 1 area behind the goal where u had to run miles to get the ball, saw my mate Sackey who was training with Cipriani (+2 points) he unfortunately didnt have Kelly Brook with him (- 3 points), enjoyed the game, had a laugh at the 10year old ASBO on the roofs/ tree area cussing everybodys Mums, pitch had a few holes in places think due to it being part of the shotput area but cant complain ive played on worse. All in all a decent ground.