Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What happens if Pompeii (sic)...

coupwotcoup

do go to the wall? The obvious next step would be to start an AFC Portsmouth, but how would this pan out logistically? Not sure if they would or could still play at Fratton Park,

but a new club would have to start in the Wessex League and even at that level, the club would still generate around 5,000 hard core fans.

Would be an interesting eye opener for the good folk of slumber towns such as Christchurch and Alton. Still Red Funnel Ferries would have coin it in big time, with prospective

trips to Brading, Cowes and Newport.

There is no way the FA could fast track a new side directly into the Conference, if they did all hell would break loose.

I think we may find out sooner rather than later, now that even more debt has been uncovered...

I think you would find that if a new portsmouth was to be formed their average would probably be nearer 15'000 should they stay at fratton park.It would be a problem for the authorities as how do you police thousands of away fans in the wessex league.

I personally think a club that size should be fast tracked to at least connie south level or the very least ryman/bgb premier

I think maybe the FA need rules on this.

Any club that would get an average gate of 5'000 plus should be fasttracked into connie south,over 3'000 into ryman prem level,under that ESL level

I know it would be hard to say what club would average what but i think you would know that say luton went bust they would go into the over 3'000 level,pompey above 5'000 level etc etc

chuck chelmsford out then

When clubs like Weymouth, Kings Lynn, Chester and even the Artificial Football Club go under the only people that really care are a few hundred people that support those clubs.

Football finances are in loony tune land and if one or more of Sky TVs cash cows go broke then the authorities might then decide to force clubs to get their act together and not allow them to accumulate millions of pounds of debt.

If Portsmouth do go under they should be made to start at the bottom like everyone else. If a little village teams cant accommodate 5000 fans let them play that match at Fratton Park and they keep the gate receipts just as they would if the match was played on their own ground.

The only problem with that is that you would get 21 or 23 teams all playing at fratton park in front of 10-20'000 fans depending on when the game was,these clubs will then get gate receipts of thousands of pounds where other clubs in other divisions do not get that luxury

In truth, it doesn't matter what level they go in at, it wouldn't be beneficial to the other member clubs.

Inspector Knacker would go apoplectic when finding out that Pompeii where coming to town and the police costs would probably far outweigh any financial benefits accrued by a full house.

The only problem with that is that you would get 21 or 23 teams all playing at fratton park in front of 10-20'000 fans depending on when the game was,these clubs will then get gate receipts of thousands of pounds where other clubs in other divisions do not get that luxury

That's just the luck of the draw.

When Portsmouth get promoted as the surely will, clubs from the next league up will get the benefits.

I reckon there will be a few aprons flapping now the administrators are on board. The true extent of their debt will be known soon and you can bet your bottom dollar, it will be a lot worse than previously stated...

...................... don't forget the rolled-up trouser leg, Coupy !!

:bolt:

Edited by Big J R

AFC Portsmouth will ground share at Havant and Waterlooville, and join Conference South. :smashfreakb: :smashfreakb:

This news will be buried on a good day for bad news, perhaps on conference play off final day....

:brille008: :brille008: :brille008:

You are a top soothsayer Dykey...

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=65234