Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Player Insurance

Brunty.

One of our players broke his foot last night in our game and he is a builder by trade. Has anyone had to claim club insurance and is it any good?, we all paid a fee at the start of the season for insurance im sure its really standard but out of interest has anyone been through this?

Sorry to hear of his injury Brunty, best thing is to conact your club sec or who ever arranged for the insurance to find out their details then contact them asap to find out the proceedure.

Hope he has a speedy recoevery

Cheers Teffers

Lad called Scott one of our MIdfielders, he was fine after the game didnt feel any pain woke up at 3 am in agony went to A&E now he is in a cast!

I have spoke to the chairman, but just wondered if anyone has had to claim and coulld tell me about their expierence.l

Cheers Teffers

Lad called Scott one of our MIdfielders, he was fine after the game didnt feel any pain woke up at 3 am in agony went to A&E now he is in a cast!

I have spoke to the chairman, but just wondered if anyone has had to claim and coulld tell me about their expierence.l

Was that the number 7? Has been captain when you've not played?

Wish him well from DFC, Brunty.

We are in the process of trying to arrange a benefit match with Leatherhead for the end of the season for Lee Matthews

Cheers Teffers

yeah

We had a lady come to our club a while back and she gave the lads a rundown of the insurance her company provided. To be honest, for the amount involved, it seemed to be pretty good value. Some of the lads who are self employed, or employed in jobs where they don't get paid if they don't work, did take this up. Fortunately, none of them have had to claim yet. I know the subject has come up before and I am expecting her down tomorrow night for a follow up visit. As I am in a position where I do not need to worry on that score, I have no information about the cover, but if she does come down I will get her details and post them on this thread. People can then take things further if they wish. It may come to nothing, but I am sure we all know of instances where a player has lost out financially following injury, so anything we can do to assist these lads can only be of benefit.

Wish him well from DFC, Brunty.

We are in the process of trying to arrange a benefit match with Leatherhead for the end of the season for Lee Matthews

Thanks BJR - its great when clubs come together when these bad things happen!

Is that Scott Warwick? If so, even though we did not get on when we played against each other in Sunday football, I hope he has a speedy recovery. He is the type of player I would like to have in my side.

Cheers Teffers

yeah

Ahh, I think that might've been me near the end of the game. If it was mine it was a totally innocent challenge and he tappedme on the back after saying nice tackle

I dont think he should be commenting on your tackle, do you?!

I broke a bone in my ankle in November of 2008 against Horley Town. Did it in the 35th minute but continued to play and finished the match The hospital wanted to plaster cast it but i refused knowing i would be out of work for quite a period of time and i am self employed!

Played a week later versus Guvnor and beat Badfont 4-0. Pain is all in the mind!!

Bloody SUPER HERO!!

I wish him all the best Brunty. Saw him play when you demolished CB Hounslow. Very good.

It cant be that bad a break if he didnt go to A and E till 3am. Plaster cast is just for show!!

Ahh, I think that might've been me near the end of the game. If it was mine it was a totally innocent challenge and he tappedme on the back after saying nice tackle

Can't have been you Wattsy you would have put him up in the air ;)

You'll give me a bad name! :smashfreakb:

No but sometimes when you put out some crunching tackles and then your on the end of one, you sometimes appriciate getting 'flattend' fair and square. Well I do :smilewinkgrin:

No but sometimes when you put out some crunching tackles and then your on the end of one, you sometimes appriciate getting 'flattend' fair and square. Well I do :smilewinkgrin:

JJ

Crunching (fair) tackles is within the laws and IMO the spirit of the game - after all it's an art eh Wattsy? :dance (2):

It's when you get Kents trying to do you that it goes too far. I've had broken bones from both instances :angry: oh and accidental ones too.... maybe I just break too easily :wtf:

Edited by WackoJackoUK

Old age Colin. And your very very fragile! HANDLE WITH CARE :discobanana: