Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Follow Hulls example

Yes this is my first post, but with Macca leaving I feel I have to express my opinion. I have watched Billericay for about 7 years now and although I cannot say I have been to every game I attend whenever I can. I have looked all season at what the current manager has done from pre season to now. He was never my first choice as known throughout non league as being flash and arrogant without ever really achieving anything of note other than runners up with Heybridge when he had the biggest budget in the league! I personally thought the side that finished the season needed only about 4 to 6 players being added and could have been contenders to challenge to get to the next level. Also a Manager with drive and know how on how to deal with players and not just tell them how much money they are worth(the manager that is) My friend also knows a couple of the players who have left the club (unfair to name them, and both would return if Statham went) and both say its been an awful place to play with the dressing room being split with the ex Swifts in one corner and the players from last year in the other with the new ones somewhere in the middle. Players bought in by the manager have then been released and some have gone to a higher level, other have done better at other clubs. Mis mangaged? Its also well known in non league circles that the manager is paying players himself and is surely the reason why he is still in the job? I personally think we should follow the suit of Hull and get someone else in before the deadline and give us the boost to avoid relegation. This would also give a new manager a chance to plan for next season as if we go down it would be a disaster. I am sorry if this upsets the Chairman, but you don't deserve this club to be destroyed in front of your eyes.

Edited by bluelodger

Although I appreciate that we haven't got a bad result tonight, in light of the Margate game and countless others, I wanted to lend support to BlueLodger's post with which I completely agree.

Whatever cut backs have been made to the playing budget and however over optimistic our pre-season expectations were the team's performances this season have been on the whole awful. In the merry-go-round of comings and goings we have seen some attrocious signings and the lack of application by some (not all) members of our playing staff has been, on occasions, embarrasing.

BS has had time to turn this season around, he has not and he will not. Yes, there has been the occasional "one-off" result but these have always proved a false dawn.

I am also confused by some of the general musings we have seen on this forum along the lines of "if we all get behind the club, promote and do our bit then everything will be ok".

The efforts of those who give their time to the club are fantastic. However, I fear that these efforts will always be let down by poor performances by the team. Which casual supporter/passer by is going to want to give up their Saturday afternoon/night in front of the Champions League to watch a relegation scrap? And even if promotions and initiatives did succeed in attracting new people through the gate, who would want to come back with the dross football and sour atmosphere?

It saddens me what has happened to this club. We've had some great moments over the past few years (FA Cup runs, play-off finals and wins on penalties over Chelmsford to name but a few!). It would be a real shame to let it fall apart.

Two new posters (aparently... ;) ).

Ya know, I love the criticism of the club coming from annoymous posters, who use such words as "embarrasing" and back handed compliments "The efforts of those who give their time to the club are fantastic" and make no attempt in either offering their opinions first hand, together with a solution.

As someone who does give his time to help down the club and is disapointed (beyond all my expectations) at our season, I am embarrased by these two posts. Before either of you come on a blather on about forums and opinions, I accept that the forum is here for opinions and as you have yours, this is mine.

As for

I am also confused by some of the general musings we have seen on this forum along the lines of "if we all get behind the club, promote and do our bit then everything will be ok".

What would be your solution to it, then?...that we all walk away and either let the club sink even lower or let the club just die? As I said in another thread, if you feel that strongly about what you percieve is happening down the club and disagree with it, stop being be brave behind a keyboard, get off your collective ars*s and do something about it. One other point...how do you think the "few" that do give their time react to these posts. They need your support as well...and not in words either. From the Chairman down to those that give their time to prepare the pitch during the week, to those that work the turnstiles, must read some of what is posted on here and think, "why bother". Luckly, I presume (far be it for me to presume their reasoning), they come up with the same answer, because they "love" the club and express it in doing what they do - and long may it continue.

Whatever happens at the club, I will lend whatever support I can give, as will others. Collectively we will try and do our best, no matter what disapointments we face (on the pitch and off it) or lack of enthusiasm we get from people who feel they are supporting the club as in the content posted above.

This is still a great club. It will always be a great club, through thick and thin, despite what either of you think or post on this forum.

Edited by GazzaBTFC

Please tell me where I have criticised the club? My opinion (you said I had a right to express one as you indeed have expressed yours) is that the current manager will not get this club going in the right direction. He has released some very good players (Dormer, Flack, Dumas and Macca) to bring in his friends from Heybridge who are nowhere near as good and the 'clique' created means the team will never be united where players play for each other and the club. Do we wait till next season to see that Statham has been found out? or give a fresh face a chance to plan and get us out of this mess that Statham has got us into? In my opinion the team last year would beat the current one and a good Manager would have just added the right players to that squad and not dismantled it for his own personal friends. I would wager that most supporters have had enough and would change it now allowing a new Manager to bring in a few players and get things back in prespective for next season. I would say this season the league was not as strong as it has been in previous years, yet we are in a relegation struggle? Who is responsible for that?

I for one would never criticise the essential volunteers that non league clubs need to survive, you are all vital and your work should never be underestimated.

Blue Lodger, this isn't the job center. Applications should be sent by post to the Club

If you are going to re-apply, (Don't forget to include Simon's character reference) your CV will get the consideration it deserves, and filed in receptacle B..

For those real supporters out there, your comments will not be disregarded, and if any of you want to speak with me please feel free to do so. (but not anonymously) .

Okay, my post was aimed at both yourself Newlodger and SimonM.

To take on board your comments concerning the team (and managers) performance - I agree that, in my opinion, there has been a "flavour" concerning the releasing of players and the influx of players. Looking at various other clubs and managers, the pattern appaers similar...new managers will always try to bring in players they know. BS has done the same...From the teams performance (considering that WE can do more than hold our own with teams in this league - example our victories against Dartford as well as last nights performance against Wealdstone), would raise other questions regarding the manager and the players as regards performance...

As regards everything that is said about any performance, it's a retrospective opinion. Would we be discussing the merits of players that were with us against the players that are with us if we were top of the league or pushing for a play off position? No. But here we are again, discussing it when those players who did serve the club well in seasons past have long gone. And we keep on doing it...when are people going to understand that the way forward, like so many things, is not by looking back. If circumstances change and some of these players return, what will happen if they themselves do not perform? Are we going to dredge up seasons performances when they did? And anyway, if they did return, that would be for the future...what we should be doing is helping our current crop of players (and by helping, I mean getting behind them, supporting them and encouraging them - not shout crass and unfair words from the pitch side) to get the club higher up the league and thus avoid relegation...

Of course, this is only my opinion and I believe I am in the minority. But hey, knock yourselves (and the club) out.

Blue Lodger, this isn't the job center. Applications should be sent by post to the Club

If you are going to re-apply, (Don't forget to include Simon's character reference) your CV will get the consideration it deserves, and filed in receptacle B..

For those real supporters out there, your comments will not be disregarded, and if any of you want to speak with me please feel free to do so. (but not anonymously) .

""Its also well known in non league circles that the manager is paying players himself and is surely the reason why he is still in the job? ""

Interesting quote by bluelodger above in his first post. Must admit it is not something well known to me, and hasn't been a topic of conversation in my group of supporters. Maybe bluelodger would like to come to the AGM tomorrow, gain entrance by paying his money for some shares and give us the inside gen. ( the term put your money where your mouth is comes to mind)

..I thought this thread was going to be about upsetting the local Womans Institute.

:wtf:

Please accept my apologise for expressing my opinion and I will now leave it to the real supporters to express theirs. I will continue to support the club like I have done since I moved to Billericay 7 years ago. Just thought I would have my say, looks like you just get shot down because I haven't done it before. Where I work non league is discussed every week with supporters of various clubs so thats how things like Statham paying players himself. My mate in work knows a couple of the former players and thats how that source of information came to light.

Kevin

This is my first ever post, having watched this forum for over two years.

I have followed Billericay at home whenever possible since 1980 and have seen a number of away games. I will never criticise players or those from the Chairman down, who give up time and money to run this Club.

Yes, this season has been dire, but there is no excuse for abusing players at the end of the game - after all they don't play to lose !!! . I agree that the loss of quality players this season has been disappointing, but gate receipts have fallen and I guess budgets have been pruned. By the way TC, Hornchurch were said to be in financial difficulty when they signed Joe Flack, but did we ever get a fee for him ?

As far as the earlier postings are concerned, I am happy to leave it to the Chairman to decide on the suitability of the Manager - that's his job and none of my business.

One final thought - if we do get relegated - we could face our old friends Romford next season - I'm told their players turn out for free - now thats a true Isthmian League principle !!!!!!!

Having read the above posts, there seems to be some sort of bizarre fascination with the players of last season, as if it was some sort of 'golden era'.

Now, this is just my opinion, but I seem to remember last season as being abysmal almost in its entirety.

Last night I watched a Billericay side play some decent football against a Wealdstone side who should make the play-offs. I saw a few players whose previous clubs include Heybridge and Chelmsford (or would that be mates syndrome?). I saw our captain (Ian Cousins) play with what looked like an injury for most of the game, unlike last season when we had a number of first team players bailing out at the first opportunity, laughing thier nuts off and taking the piss from the sidelines waiting for thier latest 'injury' to heal (plenty of team spirit there).

It's been poor at times, but never as desperate as last season.

Having read the above posts, there seems to be some sort of bizarre fascination with the players of last season, as if it was some sort of 'golden era'.

Now, this is just my opinion, but I seem to remember last season as being abysmal almost in its entirety.

Last night I watched a Billericay side play some decent football against a Wealdstone side who should make the play-offs. I saw a few players whose previous clubs include Heybridge and Chelmsford (or would that be mates syndrome?). I saw our captain (Ian Cousins) play with what looked like an injury for most of the game, unlike last season when we had a number of first team players bailing out at the first opportunity, laughing thier nuts off and taking the piss from the sidelines waiting for thier latest 'injury' to heal (plenty of team spirit there).

It's been poor at times, but never as desperate as last season.

I have spoken to Ryan and Rob many times about this fact but I truly believe this season is as dire as last. The fact we do have some better quality players on paper (Danny Green, Pond, Shinn, Kersey, Wildes) but still fall woefully short on most matchdays means that Statham deserves SOME of the stick he gets.

I agree that there was no golden era last season and certain players did blatantly take the piss (one serial offender springs to mind!) but I just dont think this season has been any better, neither from a footballing spectacle or results. I would say that if anything we have continued to go backwards which we have done for the past 2-3 seasons. The fact that we seem to be going backwards, not just in results but in quality of football we are subjected to is reflected by continued falling gates, lack of travelling army and general lack of interest on this forum.

I agree Wealdstone was a marked improvement from Sat, but it had to be, even then though no one can honestly say that they were entertained can they? Yes us few that go week in week out admired the fact that Cousins played in clear pain and were impressed by Greens non-stop running and go forward (great reaction to the shocking abuse he received at the weekend from some occasional t*at fan) and the new centre back looked a good signing, we probably also were in shock that Thomas won a couple of headers and did make a couple of runs into space! We still however rarely threatened the goal with all our possession and that has been the problem all season and one which Statham and his support staff just don't seem to be able solve. When was the last time we created a one on one with the keeper or built up a sustained period of goal mouth pressure, where we fans huff, puff and sigh with every kick of the ball, trying with all our strength to suck the ball into the net? All season we have lacked any invention from midfield which is not helped by the lack of go forward from our strikers, once again a problem Statham and his staff should be tackling in training but haven't done all season.

I am a fan and love this club and will continue to get behind the club on all occasions but we few can not and I think should not just shout down those that question a team of serious underachievers headed up by a manager who has had a season and two (or is it three) team rebuilds and still presents a quality of football which few floating fans would pay to watch.

Edited by Patriot

I am a fan and love this club and will continue to get behind the club on all occasions but we few can not and I think should not just shout down those that question a team of serious underachievers headed up by a manager who has had a season and two (or is it three) team rebuilds and still presents a quality of football which few floating fans would pay to watch.

Ccontributions from Billericay Supporters are always welcome,

But Self serving crap from people with agendas is an altogether different matter.

This thread was not started by a supporter IMO. He claims to be a local who has watched us for 7 years, but signs off by saying "you don't deserve this club to be destroyed"

The post isn't about BTFC (Patriots is) its about the management position only.

He goes on to talk about how he thinks we should have changed 6 players, and how we could have been contenders. He talks of how to deal with players and how his "Friend" knows players, and knows what they have said. He even claims to know the seating arrangements...lol

Then there's more about players Manager and Management. and ends with we should get in a new manager, and how it would give the new manager a chance to build for next year.

Supporters just don't write like that, yes they might criticise the manager as Patriot has, but his post is clearly about BTFC, BL's words are about himself and why we need a new Manager.

OH, and one more thing, IF BS, or any other Manager for that matter wants to pick up our wage bill, please let me know ASAP. I will be more than happy to give them a contract on a wage of ....say 2k pw??, but if they cant afford that we can negotiate. :97: