Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

MFC vs Carshalton Athletic

Wellsie

Supposed to have dropped something on his foot during the week. If ever we needed him it was today.

Waltham Abbey win,Cray win,Billericay win & Bognor draw. A bad day all round then.Could be the one result that seals our fate I'm afraid. What a shame they couldn't do as they had done in the past 3 games. Had they done so a victory would have been ours I'm positive about that.

Edited by Cookie

Jay was missed today. He enables others to go about their jobs with less responsibility to defend, and as a result we looked a little less dangerous going forward. Hope he's back Tuesday night. Still, that's us unbeaten in four.

Edited by Porka

Shame about the other results, really missed Jay Saunders today, wasn't the worst performence this season but compared to the last 3 games we were a very different standard, just didn't look dangerous enough going forward, draw was a fair result.

Well this was the first game i had seen since we lost 3-0 to Waltham Abbey and the team has come on a lot since then and for a few comments to say that we weren't as good as what we have been is very positive indeed. I can't see where Cookie is coming from saying todays result has sealed our fate, it's way too tight down there especially when you consider that the team who finished 4th from bottom in the Ryman is practically garunteed safety. I was hoping for a win today and tbh it was a must win game, but we didn't lose and the great escape is still more then alive.

I can't see where Cookie is coming from saying todays result has sealed our fate, it's way too tight down there especially when you consider that the team who finished 4th from bottom in the Ryman is practically garunteed safety. I was hoping for a win today and tbh it was a must win game, but we didn't lose and the great escape is still more then alive.

Yes your'e right Alex of course (on paper) we do still have a chance to escape & it hasn't literally sealed our fate as I remarked earlier but the 2 points lost today i.m.o. are going to prove very very costly indeed.

The points,not point,were essential before the game & in the light of other struggling teams all getting points this has to go down as a big setback.

I usually (not all the time) try to be positive & maybe when we trounce Dartford away on Tuesday I will become so again. But for today I firmly believe we lost an exceeedingly good chance to help ourselves big time.We will look back at these two dropped points & wish we had taken them. As far as I know no 4th bottom team will be saved through the back door this season either.The great escape has now become a lot harder to achieve.

Edited by Cookie

Had a word with Jay he dropped a fireplace on his foot at work but he said he shuold be ok for Thuesday.

Had a word with Wayne Wilson too & he said he would be back in a week. Incidentally I was impressed today with the new chap,Ty Benjamin. Did good I thought.

Edited by Cookie

Had a word with Wayne Wilson too & he said he would be back in a week. Incidentally I was impressed today with the new chap,Ty Benjamin. Did good I thought.

Agreed Cookie - I thought Ty had a great debut - arguably our best all round player today.

Just give us a bell next time you need something heavy moved, eh mate!

Make sure you have done your Risk Assessment first as Jay possibly didnt, you have to look out for banana skins that can lead to slips,trips and falls!

Good news but, if Jay returns to the side where does Wayne fit in?

Well just like the past 5-6 season's, it's more then likely that 19th place will not be relegated this season and at the moment we're just 2 points off 19th, so it's possible that if we couldn't escape the relegation zones finishing 19th would see us gain a reprieve.

Well just like the past 5-6 season's, it's more then likely that 19th place will not be relegated this season and at the moment we're just 2 points off 19th, so it's possible that if we couldn't escape the relegation zones finishing 19th would see us gain a reprieve.

So wheres this reprieve for that spot going to stem from then Jake? I take it you have some idea.

Had a word with Jay he dropped a fireplace on his foot at work but he said he shuold be ok for Thuesday.Cookies post by the way sums it up today.

This really grates me.

That explains the rumour at the ground that he had caught the flue! :grin: