Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

THE BEDFONT MERGER

It's not normally Ian that locks threads.

Have a CLOSE look at the post above !

Some of the moderators tend to get a little power crazy.

Thankfully, we are a friendly bunch on the CoCo !

Edited by Big J R

The Non League Paper today carried the story "Bedfont Return Home at Last"

It went on to say that Bedfont Green are coming home-and they will be the new team in Town. The Zamaretto S&W side are returning to Hounslow after years in exile- and with a new name. Green will be known as Bedfont Town from next season after agreeing a 10-year groundshare with Combined Counties Bedfont. They will do up The Orchard over the next few weeks to Step 5 standards, before building their own home. Chairman Doug White is reported to have said "this is a huge step, The area has wonderful football tradition, but we believe there is room for an up-and-coming professional club in Hounslow. Now we're back we want this club to be veryone's choice. We can't wait to build on our progress"

Feltham, who also groundshare at the Orchard, have yet to decide where they will play next season

Dont belive a thing you read in the paper??? it might be the chairman has forgot to tell some of the bedfont green board??? cue green pea who im told is a reporter for the N L P. coffee%20%282%29.gif

feltham ground sharing with Bedfont Sports?

Cant ever see that happening, Bedfont Sports Seem quite happy on there own, the question was asked at the game today but i heard the bedfont sports chairman said he was not interested.

Cant ever see that happening, Bedfont Sports Seem quite happy on there own, the question was asked at the game today but i heard the bedfont sports chairman said he was not interested.

Strange because i heard the opposite that he was interested...anyway time will tell

Strange because i heard the opposite that he was interested...anyway time will tell

My understanding is any groundshare agreements must be in place and accepted by leagues by 31st March each season, somebody correct me if that's wrong. I guess the next set of CCL management meeting minutes will state Feltham's intentions.

My understanding is any groundshare agreements must be in place and accepted by leagues by 31st March each season, somebody correct me if that's wrong. I guess the next set of CCL management meeting minutes will state Feltham's intentions.

CCL Rules state 31st May

this has got to be the worst kept secret EVER.

Bedfont and Bedfont Green are merging and are going to be called Bedfont United or Town FC.

Neil Shipperley will be the new manager

simples...........................

now get over it

INTERESTING ABOUT BEDFONT.

IF THEY MERGE TO REFORM AS BEDFONT UNITED OR TOWN, DOES THAT MEAN THEY ARE A NEW CLUB/TEAM SO HAVE TO START BUILDING THEMSELVES UP IN THE LEAGUES IF NOT, WHICH DIVISION WILL THEY BE PLAYING IN ZAMARETTO OR CCL ?

this has got to be the worst kept secret EVER.

Bedfont and Bedfont Green are merging and are going to be called Bedfont United or Town FC.

Neil Shipperley will be the new manager

simples...........................

now get over it

INTERESTING ABOUT BEDFONT.

IF THEY MERGE TO REFORM AS BEDFONT UNITED OR TOWN, DOES THAT MEAN THEY ARE A NEW CLUB/TEAM SO HAVE TO START BUILDING THEMSELVES UP IN THE LEAGUES IF NOT, WHICH DIVISION WILL THEY BE PLAYING IN ZAMARETTO OR CCL ?

they will become a new team but they will still be starting out in the southern league

And still no mention from G P of bedfont greens intentions?????coffee%20%282%29.gif

lol, not sure why you would think there would be TF, I'm sure the club will make official announcements when they have something to announce. As the non-league paper clearly states BG have agreed a groundshare at The Orchard and have submitted a request to change name to Bedfont Town Football Club. Anything other than that on here, on the subject, should be taken with a pinch of salt, you should know that by now.

Edited by Green Pea

My German friend, Heinz, who is considere done of the most reliable sauces around says that the whole thing is pretty simple. BG want to come back to Hounslow, where they started, and Bedfont are happy to get some income from a groundshare. They will both remain in their respective leagues. BG will upgrade the Orchard to the higher standard required of the Southern League, and this will, of course, benefit Bedfont. With the added bonus of income coming in from BG, Bedfont will hope to build on the recent upturn in form next season and Neil will be able to push at the top end of the CCL and aim for promotion at some point. All the rest is pure speculation, and there is no way that a "new" team could retain their existing status as suggested. The whole thing seems to make perfect sense and is well under way, according to HP, who we all know very well. Feltham are considering their options but, as mentioned earlier, all could become clear after the next management meeting. As for the pinch of salt, that goes with the chips.

Who cares........BG have a proper owner who gives a fxxk so fair lay to him, Bedfont Town it is.......Shipperley manager as he has money tied up in Bedfont. They will start off as the lowest position of both clubs which is the CCL and will win the league without a shadow....well that's my prediction anyway.

If a merger went ahead, why would Bedfont Green Town Rovers United want Shipperley as their manager? Surely if they were to play in the SW league, then they would be able to attract a quality manager?

Hi FB.....

To all, why not the Ryman South and Shipperley won't be automatic choice....Is it 2 teams sharing or more of a take over...All we know is that the name has changed and there will be two teams playing out of the Orchard as there is this year. Everything else as GP states take with a pinch of salt.