Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tues 27th April - Games

Egham Vs Chertsey -

Was at Alwyns Lane yesterday for a Junior Finals day and was told by a commitee member that Mr Pomroy is "AWAY" for tomorrow's game with Egham.

How very convienient..............

1. Who goes away in the last week of the season? When your about to be away from football for two weeks?

2. Who goes away when your team still mathematically has a chance of winning the league in the last week of the season, and if anything would like to make sure they finish 2nd.

3. It begs the question if this has been set up, as it might be embarrasing for John, should he score/be playing against his future employees.

Our season at Westfield was due to finish mid April but the weather has obviously halted this!

Maybe he's going somewhere nice where our summer time is their hurrican season?

Maybe because it's the only time he could get of work?

Or maybe your right and he's bottling it.....

And has only been registered for three weeks! That some achievment :discobanana:

We'd love to see someone of pomers ability at egham but if he leaves chertsey there will be plenty of interested!

To call him a bottler is unfair,especially after the years of service he has given and the treatment he has be given this season he has every right to look elsewhere,that is my opinion.

If a man is willing to put his own money into this level of football it's upto him who he appoints,dougie White appointed dennis who had his own unique reputation,and mr day decides to run the side himself,I think mr day should look at employing a manager,give him the budget he gave himself as I think any other person as manager would've been sacked by now.that being said I like mr day I think he's a character and this lges full of them.

<P>Pearcey, <BR><BR>As much as I agree a manager with a good budget for the last two seasons, would be under pressure for not getting the team out of the the division. <BR><BR>However on top of the refurbished clubhouse, paying off of all the club debts, the club being rented out everyday to bring in extra income and planning permission in for a 3G pitch surface behind the far goal, we have also had our best season for 18 years.<BR><BR>If we was to win 1 of our last 2 games, we will get 90 points, which is a great number and amounts to 30 wins, we had a fantastic Vase run and should had beaten Whitley Bay (who contest the final in two weeks time) ironically if it hadn't had been for a Pommers open goal miss with minutes to go. When Spencer took over our gates averaged at 92, this season (without the Vase games) we now average 144. <BR><BR>In the starting line up against Epsom on Saturday, we had no less than 6 players under 21. <BR><BR>Yes all of us at Chertsey would like it if we were going up this season, but for the first time in years I see a debt free club, supporters coming back who haven't been back for years, ground improvements all over the place and I am absolutely thrilled with what Spencer is doing for the club. I know the argument would be, well he could have done that all as Chairman/Owner, but from speaking to him, he loves his football and he has two good coaches beside him, so if it wants to invest into the club, then let him enjoy it!<BR> <BR>I am behind him, as well as everyone else at the club.....<BR><BR>Now Pearcey please come and be our goalkeeper! I've had enough of you saving shot after shot against us! Last season at our place 1-1 vs Bedfont Green your were unbeliveable and the first 20 minutes of the Egham game two weeks ago, 3-4 great saves, which I believe won you guys the game.<BR><BR></P>

<P>Pearcey, <BR><BR>As much as I agree a manager with a good budget for the last two seasons, would be under pressure for not getting the team out of the the division. <BR><BR>However on top of the refurbished clubhouse, paying off of all the club debts, the club being rented out everyday to bring in extra income and planning permission in for a 3G pitch surface behind the far goal, we have also had our best season for 18 years.<BR><BR>If we was to win 1 of our last 2 games, we will get 90 points, which is a great number and amounts to 30 wins, we had a fantastic Vase run and should had beaten Whitley Bay (who contest the final in two weeks time) ironically if it hadn't had been for a Pommers open goal miss with minutes to go. When Spencer took over our gates averaged at 92, this season (without the Vase games) we now average 144. <BR><BR>In the starting line up against Epsom on Saturday, we had no less than 6 players under 21. <BR><BR>Yes all of us at Chertsey would like it if we were going up this season, but for the first time in years I see a debt free club, supporters coming back who haven't been back for years, ground improvements all over the place and I am absolutely thrilled with what Spencer is doing for the club. I know the argument would be, well he could have done that all as Chairman/Owner, but from speaking to him, he loves his football and he has two good coaches beside him, so if it wants to invest into the club, then let him enjoy it!<BR> <BR>I am behind him, as well as everyone else at the club.....<BR><BR>Now Pearcey please come and be our goalkeeper! I've had enough of you saving shot after shot against us! Last season at our place 1-1 vs Bedfont Green your were unbeliveable and the first 20 minutes of the Egham game two weeks ago, 3-4 great saves, which I believe won you guys the game.<BR><BR></P>

Thanks for the kind words,but I understand that mr day thinks I want to much money for a player of my age and size,the week before the season started I spoke to him,but he thought stoney was a better option,and I would've missed the start of the season cos of my honeymoon but more importantly I wanted the challange of step 4 football with bedfont green(which I didn't get!!)But I'm glad to bg applied themselves and stayed in the zameretto league.

Think next year will be very interesting as to who goes where and what clubs come up and more importantly who comes down.I hope to see you there tommorrow night please make yourself known.

Thanks for the kind words,but I understand that mr day thinks I want to much money for a player of my age and size,the week before the season started I spoke to him,but he thought stoney was a better option,and I would've missed the start of the season cos of my honeymoon but more importantly I wanted the challange of step 4 football with bedfont green(which I didn't get!!)But I'm glad to bg applied themselves and stayed in the zameretto league.

Think next year will be very interesting as to who goes where and what clubs come up and more importantly who comes down.I hope to see you there tommorrow night please make yourself known.

Didn't you play a few early games Pearcey - thought I saw you when BG beat Bracknell 7 or 8-0 at the start of the season???

Sorry to disappoint SurreyFinest but its not me!

As for Pearcey its right we spoke in the summer but he had his honeymoon and the wanted to give step 4 a go. When he left Bedfont Green Stoney had joined us and was on top form so I couldn't offer Pearcey a deal but without a doubt he is in the best three keepers in this league and always seems to be MOM when we play him. He is on top money and worth it but as I've said many times we dont pay that type of money whatever you guys want to believe. As one of the clubs supporrters said we had over half the team under 21 the other night and that is the future. I hope Pearcey for once isnt MOM tomorrow but I doubt it- he is a top bloke and who knows what might happen in the future.

It will be interesting to see all the comings and goings this summer for sure

Green fingers I did play 5 games,I thought I did ok but the fa cup game at leatherhead I was at fault for the 1st 2 goals but the 2nd half I more than made up for those 2 mistakes,but I got dropped and thru my toys out of the pram and walked but was talked into fighting for my place by Gavin hart and Jb bates but after 10 or so games still not back in I went on to egham,4 games later I decided to stay at egham,baker and butler are good managers and we have a good team spirit just how good will be seen tommorrow after Saturdays defeat.

Apologies then Chertsey Town but please don't cone on here saying you don't pay top money! Papali, Agyei, Boswell all on top money and they are the only players I know so others possibly on similar.

I applaud you for your work and if you have the money then it's your choice what you do with it and for others on here that moan about it , is purely jealousy that their clubs aren't doing same but please don't come here and say that you are not paying top money. It's makes you look even sillier than the fact you haven't got promoted in the last 2 seasons with the players you have had at your disposal.

Sorry to disappoint SurreyFinest but its not me!

As for Pearcey its right we spoke in the summer but he had his honeymoon and the wanted to give step 4 a go. When he left Bedfont Green Stoney had joined us and was on top form so I couldn't offer Pearcey a deal but without a doubt he is in the best three keepers in this league and always seems to be MOM when we play him. He is on top money and worth it but as I've said many times we dont pay that type of money whatever you guys want to believe. As one of the clubs supporrters said we had over half the team under 21 the other night and that is the future. I hope Pearcey for once isnt MOM tomorrow but I doubt it- he is a top bloke and who knows what might happen in the future.

It will be interesting to see all the comings and goings this summer for sure

"top money" mr day told kevin cooper that after we won 3-1 I was on £125 a week,I wish!!!

Well Pearcey thats were all these figures come from and if I remember you told me a similar no when you were at Bedfont. Its all pure gossip and Surreysfinest that also applies to you, K doesnt even receive enough to pay his fuel bill and Bos turned down much more money from Croydon Athletic to join us. We do not have the biggest budget in the League by a long way and that is a fact. I am very pleased that the vast majority of players that are here are for the club and not just money. The problem is that players exagerate what they are on to 1. get more money out of another club and 2. to use it as an excuse when they want to leave a club by saying they are getting huge money

Its simple, if you want to be disappointed come and be offered a deal at Chertsey but dont be surprized at the offers on the table as many have been. A certain player wanted to come to us pre Christams that has joined another League and was stunned by our offer and got a lot more in the Ryman South, he had heard via Hampton that these crazy nos were around but they are not and will not be next season either and I am not going to hide the fact. Half the team under 21 the other night further proves the point as they get next to nothing. Chertsey was close to bankrupt before I arrived and when I leave I hope it will be on a sound fininacial footing and stupid posts about wages dont help.

Bite and rant over-Pearcey have a bad night tomorrow for once please!

Well Pearcey thats were all these figures come from and if I remember you told me a similar no when you were at Bedfont. Its all pure gossip and Surreysfinest that also applies to you, K doesnt even receive enough to pay his fuel bill and Bos turned down much more money from Croydon Athletic to join us. We do not have the biggest budget in the League by a long way and that is a fact. I am very pleased that the vast majority of players that are here are for the club and not just money. The problem is that players exagerate what they are on to 1. get more money out of another club and 2. to use it as an excuse when they want to leave a club by saying they are getting huge money

Its simple, if you want to be disappointed come and be offered a deal at Chertsey but dont be surprized at the offers on the table as many have been. A certain player wanted to come to us pre Christams that has joined another League and was stunned by our offer and got a lot more in the Ryman South, he had heard via Hampton that these crazy nos were around but they are not and will not be next season either and I am not going to hide the fact. Half the team under 21 the other night further proves the point as they get next to nothing. Chertsey was close to bankrupt before I arrived and when I leave I hope it will be on a sound fininacial footing and stupid posts about wages dont help.

Bite and rant over-Pearcey have a bad night tomorrow for once please!

Can't promise anything,and my wages are based on bonus's I play well I get payed well,I play [censored] I don't,I believe all players at this level should be payed that well,I took a drop to go to egham.see you tommorrow.

Farleigh Rovers v Croydon Municipal 6.45ko

Looking to continue our good run of form against a strong farleigh side tomorrow. Should be a good local derby, be nice to get another 3 points under our belt before Mondays cup final.

Sandhurst v NGU - Bottom Meadow - 7:45 kick off

NGU need a single point to win the title based on the superior goal difference.

We don't want them to be celebrating at our place. We still want to win as we try and finish in the top 6. We matched them Saturday and had we not gone down to 10 men, we may have earned the point we deserved.