Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Spence at Hartley Witney your having a giraffe,got ability,but so easy to wind up on the pitch,but a smashing fellow of it.On the limited games I have seen in the Premier D.Lawrence N.G.U. Stands out a mile,such a clever player and clinical finisher.Div 1 has to be D.Cecil Warlingham oozes class for that Level,the reason they are 15 unbeaten after a shaky start.

Cant comment on the Prem, but the player that has impressed me most would have to be Kanani of Bedfont Sports, good feet for a big lad, very skillful and knows where the net is.

Best player this season i have played against in Div 1 ....... i might have to agree with Smudge the lad at Warlingham was very good. Havent been many other players that have stood out or caused us massive problems all game like he did.

But i would say Ray Spence is probably the best player in the league - Yes easy to wind up sometimes but scores goals for fun and chips in with almost as many assists. If he had been with us all season we might have finished higher! Far too good for this league and too good for the prem.

Prem has to be Johnno!! :)

In Division One I'd say, Mole Valley's Kris Barry is a great talent! Small, fast and technically amazing at times!

Also Nathan Miles Knaphill's centre half has been solid and consistant when I've seen them along with the ever reliable Nick Darnell Knappers rock and engine in the midfield!

I think all in all it's been a great season with alot of fresh talent coming into the leagues and making it better than ever!

Really hard one to call. After watching all teams this season I can honestly say that the quality of teams has improved dramatically over the past couple seasons and its the quality of the team and not the player that stands out for me this season.

When Warlingham were struggling first half of season there were a number of players who stood out but when we come to playing them teams the second time around and we had more quality in our side those players looked average.

If I had to pick one player that played well in both games against Warlingham this season then it would be the centre forward for Knaphill who I think is Matt Baker.

Edited by Tucks

I had my best game of the season against your mob when I was with Feltham before Christmas Tucks, you've improved alot and think that win over Feltham was the start of your turn around?

I would add Sam Mead at Colliers Wood United to the debate.

Despite our poor season, he has been consistent all season long.

Reads the game well at the back, good passer and rarely in any trouble with officials.

:255:

Edited by Chris Clapham

They both will be n.l.s.as both sides will be promoted.Not sure J. Holden could hack it a Higher Level,or even wants too,been top goalscorer for past 2 seasons at Div 1 Level,and maybe is a 1 club man,i.e. LOYALTY.

From Div 1 Holden or Parrington. Both have caused us very big problems this season. Holden in particular

O'Regan of Chertsey gave us a torrid time, as did the small No.9 of Molesey. Goalkeepers Pearce and Liam stone looked impressive in a few games I saw. Also agree with CC's shout of Meady, who's had a solid season. For us, Moseley, Bolger, Ellard and Stevens have stood out in a difficult season.

I had my best game of the season against your mob when I was with Feltham before Christmas Tucks, you've improved alot and think that win over Feltham was the start of your turn around?

Feltham 5-0 was a good result for us but we still went on to get beat after that and noticeably the 2-0 defeat against feltham at a very poor bedfont ground. The turnaround came when I went a got better players and got rid of some of the 'old guard' at Warlingham. The 1-1 home draw to Worcester Park in February was a good point and we only lost 2-1 to staines and cobham after in consecutive weeks and should have won both of them. We drew with Hartley, Bedfont and eversley which we were disappointed not to win all 3 of those and beat Mole Valley 3-1 at their place with a depleted side. For that reason is why I didnt pick Holden as my player of year undoubtably a top striker but didnt do it against us that day and that goes for most of the top players who we came up against when we turned the corner and started playing well. Although we played Knaphill before the new signings Baker was and looked a cut above the rest.