Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

I have heard rumours from a very reliable source that Langford are bringing over a lot of talented fresh faces in next season, adding to the couple of good players they got from Stotfold towards the end of last season. Don't be surprised to see them at the other end of the table next time round.

I'm sure Rhodes will take a keen interest in this Shadow, in fact he has close ties at Langford and I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't putting himself forward for an unofficial acting position. Do they have any available?

Don't be surprised to see them at the other end of the table next time round.

Shadow - Has Adam Wombwell definitely severed ties with Langford, at least you will always have his Forde Park debut to remember him by

As far as I am aware Rhodes, Womble has left the club... not sure where he will be playing next season. Nice lad but never quite lived up to his expectations in the end.

not sure where he will be playing next season

Shadow - It's not rocket science where Adam Wombwell wil be plying his trade next season, Loosely was incandecsant with rage when he was tapped up, Jaap Stam style, by Langford and was determined to get him back to the Carlsberg Stadium come hell or high water. I heard on the grapevine that Adam will be on £50 a week next season which is good money for a Step 7 player although I gather Southill Alexander have applied for promotion to Step 6 and it wouldn't surprise me if they get it.

Loose, far be it from me to defend Rhodes, but you are always going on about how Rhodes hijacks threads and turns them into a vehicle for his rants against his former clubs or whatever other agandas he has.

Then someone posts a new topic regarding Langfords ambitions for next season and in a heartbeat, you use it to attack Rhodes!!

Come on, lets have a non Rhodes discussion for a change!!!

Absolutely Jonno. Thought it was quicker than a heartbeat myself. :signthankspin:

I believe he only played 3 or 4 games for Langford first team before joining the ressies... From what i saw he was out of his depth at that level (I did not see his 'fantastic' debut i must add), at £50 per week I would be hoping for a lot more. Like i said though, can't fault the lad's attitude or commitment, he is a nice fella and i wish him well.

Shadow - It's not rocket science where Adam Wombwell wil be plying his trade next season, Loosely was incandecsant with rage when he was tapped up, Jaap Stam style, by Langford and was determined to get him back to the Carlsberg Stadium come hell or high water. I heard on the grapevine that Adam will be on £50 a week next season which is good money for a Step 7 player although I gather Southill Alexander have applied for promotion to Step 6 and it wouldn't surprise me if they get it.

Once again we have more speculative claptrap coming from Soppy B0ll0ck$. A) Because no player would be on £50 a week & B) because no application has been made to join a higher league.

Once again we have more speculative claptrap coming from Soppy B0ll0ck$. A) Because no player would be on £50 a week & B) because no application has been made to join a higher league.

I don't remember seeing Loosely incandescent with rage either. We knew of several clubs interest, but not by Langford. We wouldn't have stopped him moving up the pyramid whatsoever, I personally thought it would have been the decent thing to put in a 7 dayer, regardless of the fact that we are in different leagues. Adam's a fine defender & a good lad, but I had my doubts whether his fitness make the grade 2 steps up. He played for us before the end of the season in our win v Blunham & he noticed a massive difference in our squad & the chances are we may see him in pre-season. You keep on harping on about his 'Bobby Moore' performance but that win was against Welwyn Garden City.

He played for us before the end of the season in our win v Blunham

Well that's interesting, it appears that endorses my earlier comments, namely that Loosely was determined to get Adam back to the Carlsberg Stadium come hell or high water, I gather he was offered a fairly decent cash incentive

because no application has been made to join a higher league.

Steve - Well according to the another Forum an application has been made, perhaps Loosely didn't inform you:

STEP 7 CLUBS THAT HAVE APPLIED FOR PROMOTION TO STEP 6

Essex Olympian League

Mountnessing Boca FC (to Step 5 Essex Senior League)

Kent County League

Cray Valley (PM) FC (to Step 5 Kent League)

Lewisham Borough (Community) FC

Phoenix Sports Club (to Step 5 Kent League)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Bedfordshire County Football League

Southill Alexander FC

Cambridgeshire County Premier League

Cambridge University Press FC

Central Midlands League

Forest Town FC

Louth Town FC

Newark Town FC

Parramore Sports FC

Gloucestershire County League

AXA FC

Brimscombe & Thrupp Sports Club

Kings Stanley FC

Tuffley Rovers FC

Herts Senior County League

Baldock Town Letchworth FC

London Lions FC

Wormley Rovers FC

Leicestershire Senior League

Ashby Ivanhoe FC

Blaby & Whetstone Athletic FC

Lutterworth Athletic FC

Thurmaston Town FC

Thurnby Nirvana FC

Manchester Football League

West Didsbury & Chorlton FC

Middlesex County League

Hayes Gate FC

North Berks League

AFC Wallingford

Northamptonshire Combination

Harborough Town FC

Northern Alliance

Walker Central FC

Reading League

Highmoor – IBIS FC

Somerset County Premier League

Cheddar FC

Shirehampton FC

Staffordshire County Senior League

Stretton Eagles FC

Wearside League

Easington Colliery FC

West Cheshire League

Runcorn Town FC

West Lancashire League

AFC Darwen

Wiltshire League

Pewsey Vale FC

London Football League (Not part of NLS)

Park View FC

Sheffield & Hallamshire County Senior League (Not part of NLS)

Athersley Recreation FC

Handsworth FC

It's no use Jonno. He's away with the fairies again.

Southill Alexander has made no application to join a higher league. There is no application sitting in a higher leagues inbox or being asked to consider one. Not sure how many ways you have to say it. Southill applied to the FA back in December, as many clubs do so that had we achieved a promotion place we could have gone up to Step 6, however we did not achieve a promotion place. We haven't applied to a higher league, etc etc, etc, ad infinitum, RhodesWorld without end...

Adam will have to fight for his place like any other player. He's not been offered anything (cash etc) but the opportunity to join in with training and some pre-seasons and then it's a two way decision. I think he can play at a higher level but he has been affected by injury and then fitness this last season, only natural isn't it? On his day he is super reliable and talented. He's 23 so he's got time.

Apologies to Shadow and people hoping for a Langford discussion.

Well my fingers are crossed that West Didsbury & Chorlton FC get that well deserved promotion from The Manchester League.

Y'alrite ar Kid ?

Anywayyyy.... as i was saying. Looking forward to seeing who Langford bring in next season, they could be a force to be reckoned with if they have the right guidance. That Dougherty fella they got up top they got towards the end of last season looked a good signing.

Anywayyyy.... as i was saying. Looking forward to seeing who Langford bring in next season, they could be a force to be reckoned with if they have the right guidance. That Dougherty fella they got up top they got towards the end of last season looked a good signing.

wow so they go with 3 up top eh, that fella called 'got&nbsp', his namesake 'got&nbsp' and his brother or sister, or even Aunty, 'season&nbsp'.

Watch out for that trio.....are they at the World Cup by any chance?

they could be a force to be reckoned with if they have the right guidance.

I don't think a truer word has ever been spoken, now Tony Armitage has his feet firmly under the table at Forde Park the sky could well be the limit for the Club

they could be a force to be reckoned with if they have the right guidance.

I don't think a truer word has ever been spoken, now Tony Armitage has his feet firmly under the table at Forde Park the sky could well be the limit for the Club

I see that the club's website mentions him a lot! (not)

Copied from the Langford website - copyright acknowleged

"A season of two halves.

The first team started very well and played some good football, which saw them comfortably placed at Christmas, despite losing one of the Management team, when Hendy Manning left the club.

Following a weather enforced break, the team lost direction and confidence, meaning we faced a relegation battle, culminating in an away win at Champions Aylesbury on the last day of the season, to stay up.

The reserves had a steady season, fielding a mixture of seasoned campaigners and youth. The youth policy working well with a couple of the lads moving up to the reserve team. A credible mid-table finish was achieved.

A great end to the season was achieved with the winning of the Biggleswade knockout cup, 7-6 on penalties.

Looking forward, Terry Kitchener will manage the first team, with Malcolm Ward continuing with the reserves.

The first team have a friendly on 10th July 2010 home to a Luton Town 11, kick off is at 3pm and all are welcome. Pre season training will begin at Forde Park on 24th June at 7-30pm and all are welcome.

The club are also looking for a Secretary to join, following the illness to Frank Woodward who completed 50 years service before Christmas, mostly as Secretary. Please contact Ian Chessum, Chairman on 07867 822886

The AGM will be held at the Clubhouse 22 July, at 8:00pm."

• 1 month later...

It's hardly surprising that Loosely hasn't been on to congratulate Tony Armitage on his elevation and appointment as Assistant Manager at Forde Park:

http://langford.intheteam.com/modules/page/page.aspx?pc=home