Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Closed Season.

Do any C.C.L. Referee's, have any plans to get themselves in shape for the forthcoming Season.Are the Surrey/Hants F.A. running any pre season courses i.e. Healthy Eating,Fitness Courses,or is it going to be more of the same.Slow,Overweight Officials.Maybe even a Re-Read of the Rule Book 2010 version would help,and would not be to Taxing on the Body.

All Prem officials will be taking a fitness test in the next couple of weeks. I think there is also one around Sept time too.

Will all players be reading up the Law changes between now and the start of the season so we don't see hundreds of pointless arguments :)

All Prem officials will be taking a fitness test in the next couple of weeks. I think there is also one around Sept time too.

Will all players be reading up the Law changes between now and the start of the season so we don't see hundreds of pointless arguments :)

I'm sure our 'Beloved Leader' will enlighten us all ! coffee%20(2).gif Does it concern the consumption of burgers, perchance ??

Welcome back Smudgie - You've been sorely missed !!

Many Level 4 referees ... who referee most games in the Premier division of the CCL ... had a fitness test last Sunday. Others will be having theirs next month.

Obviously those that passed on Sunday can now settle down to a month of drinking and eating whilst watching the World Cup!!

Many Level 4 referees ... who referee most games in the Premier division of the CCL ... had a fitness test last Sunday. Others will be having theirs next month.

Obviously those that passed on Sunday can now settle down to a month of drinking and eating whilst watching the World Cup!!

Footy,and this test involved,cardo vascular,body mass,which most have plenty,loads of short sprints,press ups,or a circuit.And of course filling in forms.

was Kroons there?

Footy,and this test involved,cardo vascular,body mass,which most have plenty,loads of short sprints,press ups,or a circuit.And of course filling in forms.

was Kroons there?

The test involved running a minimum of 2500 metres in 12 minutes followed by 2 x 50 metre sprints in 7.5 seconds (or less)

Was Kroons there .... not sure if Kroons and I have ever met so not certain ... but think not

Kroons decided many seasons ago that Level 4 was not for him. Various reasons but there it is.

I am sure we would have crossed paths at some point Footy Mad I am sure.

Kroons decided many seasons ago that Level 4 was not for him. Various reasons but there it is.

I am sure we would have crossed paths at some point Footy Mad I am sure.

Hopefully we will be on the same game at some point next season when we can enjoy a beer and a burger together after the game!

Do the people that run the line in the CCL, have to do any sort of fitness test? also kroons your getting a bit of a complex. smudge is the one that brought the subject of officials fitness. yet straight away you dig out the players. as smudge points out he is a paying spectator.

so his veiws i would think are based on observations, and not any personal feelings.coffee%20%282%29.gif

Kroons point is very fair, if there are changes to the laws of the game then the players / club should be made aware of this, in past years I have asked the referee at a pre season friendly to take the time and inform the players of the changes, plus Kroons had a smile face on his post therefore it was banter :signthankspin:

Sorry Fan clearly the spectator is allowed his opinion and I am not. Is that because I am a ref ?

No Assistants dont do fitness tests. Should they ? I think they should have too personally and would happily put myself up for one if required.

I do my best to keep myself fit enough and run twice a week to try and keep my fitness levels ticking over (awaits JR to suggest I run to McDonalds and back :smilewinkgrin: )

Sorry Fan clearly the spectator is allowed his opinion and I am not. Is that because I am a ref ?

No Assistants dont do fitness tests. Should they ? I think they should have too personally and would happily put myself up for one if required.

I do my best to keep myself fit enough and run twice a week to try and keep my fitness levels ticking over (awaits JR to suggest I run to McDonalds and GET A TAXI back :smilewinkgrin: )

:97:

I do my best to keep myself fit enough and run twice a week to try and keep my fitness levels ticking over (awaits JR to suggest I run to McDonalds and GET A TAXI back :smilewinkgrin: )

Totally agree. We played last year at Dorking and Bookham and on both occasions th linesman on our side was a little Italian man who was pushing 65 at least!

He could barley jog let alone run and keep up with play. Nice old boy but should never be officiating at this level.

If players have to be fit then so should the officials !

Piercey are you FREE.

Can clubs make it a rule within the CCL that Assistants have to take fitness tests. I tend to agree with the statement from manager above.

Totally agree. We played last year at Dorking and Bookham and on both occasions th linesman on our side was a little Italian man who was pushing 65 at least!

He could barley jog let alone run and keep up with play. Nice old boy but should never be officiating at this level.

If players have to be fit then so should the officials !

I know him well, and I think you'll find your estimation of his age is rather inflated.

YES - Kroons IS fit !

When he was last down at the hallowed Meadowbank, and walked out onto the pitch, I distinctly heard a girlfriend of an opposition player state in a very loud voice...........................................

"COR !! That ref ain't 'alf FIT !"

cheesy%20(2).gif