Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

C.C.L. A.G.M.

Confirmed that the AGM is this coming Friday (25th) at Imber Court, commencing at 7.30 p.m. Each club is entitled to send two representatives, one as the voting delegate, the other as an observer. It will be followed by the Presentation Evening.

I have followed the arguments for adding another club to the Premier Division so as to restore it to its proper complement of 22. I hope you will accept that I can't get too involved in the rights and wrongs of the matter but I can confirm that the Board/Management Committee itself would certainly prefer to have 22 but we have taken advice which is that we cannot break our own rules to bring that about. By promoting a club without the necessary grading or one who finished outside the promotion positions (top three) we would be doing just that and the FA would be unlikely then to accept our constitution.

I have been nominated to take over as League Secretary for the forthcoming season from Les Pharo, who has done a great job over several years and who is now going on to greater things as Chairman of Surrey County FA, and rest assured we will be making every effort with the FA to ensure that we have a full complement of 22 for the following season. I believe this message board is generally both informative and good humoured and I hope to continue posting on here to advise on decisions and perhaps to clarify matters from time to time although obviously we have to let clubs know first of decisions, through their secretaries.

If elected, I will continue to compile the fixtures and in theory at least, (and it probably won't work every single week) I will attempt to ensure that any club left without a match on the Saturday will be engaged in the following midweek, so that they do not have to go a full fortnight without a game.

Les has now sent the constitution to clubs which is as surmised. North Greenford (promoted) and Bedfont (disbanded) leave the Premier Division with MV SCR coming in. Both Coulsdon and Crescent are leaving to join the Elite League to be replaced by Hayes Gate (promoted) and Farnborough North End (sideways move from the Wessex League). This will result in 21 in the Premier and 20 in Div 1. The ground share issues appear to have been resolved.

Whitelaw,

Can you confirm whether or not any equipment will be given out to the clubs on Friday, as happened last year.

Thanks.

Whitelaw you would get my vote,Your record on openess which on this site is very much appreciated by all I am sure.You did an excellent job on the Fixture backlog last year,maybe the Clubs should band together and get you an AWARD .

Confirmed that the AGM is this coming Friday (25th) at Imber Court, commencing at 7.30 p.m. Each club is entitled to send two representatives, one as the voting delegate, the other as an observer. It will be followed by the Presentation Evening.

I have followed the arguments for adding another club to the Premier Division so as to restore it to its proper complement of 22. I hope you will accept that I can't get too involved in the rights and wrongs of the matter but I can confirm that the Board/Management Committee itself would certainly prefer to have 22 but we have taken advice which is that we cannot break our own rules to bring that about. By promoting a club without the necessary grading or one who finished outside the promotion positions (top three) we would be doing just that and the FA would be unlikely then to accept our constitution.

I have been nominated to take over as League Secretary for the forthcoming season from Les Pharo, who has done a great job over several years and who is now going on to greater things as Chairman of Surrey County FA, and rest assured we will be making every effort with the FA to ensure that we have a full complement of 22 for the following season. I believe this message board is generally both informative and good humoured and I hope to continue posting on here to advise on decisions and perhaps to clarify matters from time to time although obviously we have to let clubs know first of decisions, through their secretaries.

If elected, I will continue to compile the fixtures and in theory at least, (and it probably won't work every single week) I will attempt to ensure that any club left without a match on the Saturday will be engaged in the following midweek, so that they do not have to go a full fortnight without a game.

Les has now sent the constitution to clubs which is as surmised. North Greenford (promoted) and Bedfont (disbanded) leave the Premier Division with MV SCR coming in. Both Coulsdon and Crescent are leaving to join the Elite League to be replaced by Hayes Gate (promoted) and Farnborough North End (sideways move from the Wessex League). This will result in 21 in the Premier and 20 in Div 1. The ground share issues appear to have been resolved.

Whitelaw any idea on the reserve league?

HI WHITELAW

THANKS FOR THE RUN DOWN GOOD LUCK IN YOUR NEW POSITION.

IF YOU ARE DOING THE FIXTURES THIS COMING SEASON, HOW LONG AFTER THE CCL AGM WILL YOU BE ABLE TO INFORM US ?

THANKS

Interestingly there is a precedent from our days in the Kent League, when ground gradings were toally ignored. Holmesdale were elected to the Kent League (Step 5) 3 years ago, even though they didn't have floodlights at the time. They had planning permission, and the league elected them with the FA's blessing, on the proviso that they got their floodlights installed much later in the season (or it may have even been by the next season)

It may well have been that other circumstances persuaded the Kent League / F.A. to allow Holmesdale some leniency at the time, as the Kent League were (and still are) desperately short of clubs. And with a 16 team league, floodlights weren't necessarily required for much of the season

Good luck Whitelaw with your new role. Agree with all the comments above

Thank you for all the positive comments, which are genuinely appreciated.

In answer to the questions, I am still the Secretary of Ashford but have managed to delegate much of the hard work, especially that of compiling the programme, to our Assistant Secretary, Gareth Coates, who is very keen, highly efficient and taking more and more of the load off me. We also now have a Club Manager at Ashford which again helps to take the weight off.

I think I've mentioned before that, due to the various ground share situations we have, I cannot make a realistic start on the fixtures until I have those of the Ryman and Southern Leagues, which is not usually until mid July. It takes me between 7-10 days to do them usually, depending upon interruptions etc. but they will be released as soon as possible.

There are still one or two clubs that have not returned their annual forms so I cannot comment upon the Reserve constitution quite yet but can confirm that both Hanworth Villa and South Park have withdrawn from the Reserve Section in order to join the Suburban League.

There will be some "goodies" for the Clubs to come, but I don't think they will be available at the AGM.

Edited by whitelaw

Good Luck in your new position Whitelaw, could not have picked a better candidate.

Totally agree with everyone comments, perfect replacement

All I want to add to the comments about Whitelaw, after agreeing with all of them, is 1) Good luck to ATFC (Mx.) and 2) in Gareth Coates they could not have a better man to give him a helping hand. I also agree that 21 clubs in the division sucks big minty ones but sometimes it just goes that way. If we have a rubbish winter like the one we have just endured an extra weekend off may be a blessing for hard pressed ground staff!

Up the Egham!

Edited by tempest jungle

Good Luck in your new position Whitelaw, could not have picked a better candidate.

I totally agree with young Teffs !

(Just stick the tenner in the post, Bookham Boy !)

Whitelaw...Absolute quality bloke known him 32 years and always has been a true gent.

yeah agree with you weebs he also licked kicking strikers! ! old fashioned right back very much in the ron harris mould

Whitelaw...Absolute quality bloke known him 32 years and always has been a true gent.

yeah agree with you weebs he also licked kicking strikers! ! old fashioned right back very much in the ron harris mould

:shocked: :bigshock:

Edited by Teflon

A lovely guy off the field.

Memories of the Boot Hole Bar at the White Horse Hotel when he lived in Dorking.