Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Another rumour

windsorian

Signing for our scruffy neighbours with the unfortunate name http://www.maidenhea...or-fagan-swoop/

Just a rumour mind :smilewinkgrin:

Maidenhead United are hoping to seal a deal to capture former Windsor & Eton defender Andrew Fagan.

Fagan, who was named supporters player of the year at Stag Meadow last season, played in United’s 3-0 friendly defeat to AFC Wimbledon on Tuesday night.

He partnered young Marcus Rose in the heart of the Magpies defence and the home side didn’t concede a goal while they were on the pitch.

He had been training with the club prior to the game and has made a big impression on coach Dereck Brown.

He said: “Andrew has looked very composed in the short time he’s been here.

“He did very well during the time he was on the pitch on Tuesday night.

“He hasn’t signed just yet but we’re hoping we can get something sorted out, particularly as Mark Nisbet is still struggling with a foot injury.”

Andrew Fagan should be playing for a better club than Maidenhead. It's a shame he's either not been offered a trial elsewhere (higher) or hasnt pushed himself for a go at a bigger and better club (apologies if I do him an injustice and hes tried)....

As one of "Keith's" players (Scott Thomas, Bruce Wilson) I personally didnt expect him to stay once The Colonel had gone.

Have to agree, Fagan is sheer class and should be playing Conference proper or football league, but he is only young and if he keeps developing he will.

I think that is a very good point fuzzy and shows a lot sense from our players who you would think would have a big head after winning a title last year. Patiently developing your own game so that bigger clubs will sit up and take notice rather than thinking your too good for the club. wish him all the luck in the world.

So its official Andrew has signed for our scruffy neighbours with an unfortunate name. Looking on their website, very amusing, they seem to think just because a player plays in a couple of training matches he is definately signing for the club, plenty of players try out for different clubs doesn't mean they will sign for them, brain cells must be working hard over there.

Edited by windsorian

Simon Lane as a coach is the bigger story here!

I was, perhaps wrongly, one of the last to lose faith in him but it was always clear he wasnt a coach but had a good eye for an attacking player but clueless when it came to setting a side up to defend so him being a coach is a bit strange!

Good Luck To Fagan. A great player and to be fair a step up from South west to Conference south isnt something to be sniffed at. If he plays like he did in the past i'm sure he'll end up at a play off chasing conference south club or help take maidenhead there.

I was, perhaps wrongly, one of the last to lose faith in him but it was always clear he wasnt a coach but had a good eye for an attacking player but clueless when it came to setting a side up to defend so him being a coach is a bit strange!

Good Luck To Fagan. A great player and to be fair a step up from South west to Conference south isnt something to be sniffed at. If he plays like he did in the past i'm sure he'll end up at a play off chasing conference south club or help take maidenhead there.

If you say so.

Simon Lane as assistant manager or scout would be a great signing for any club, or even as manager with a good coach. But i think Coyne summed him up adequately as "Tactically inept", but he was a nice chap who brought a group of players to Windsor that formed the bedrock of the B&B Cup winners and promotion team.

If Fagan plays how he can he will be playing Conference or football league in 2 years comfortably, if that is what he wants. Of course he may want to be a big fish and stay playing at the highest level he can where he is "The Man"

Good luck to him though, he was one of teh key players for us last season and scored a few necessary goals, Hayes away, how late was that winner!!!!

You obviously didn't know that he has got good coaching qualifications under his belt.

Chennells good enough for League 1, Fagan for League 2... Fuzzy, you'll have Willo back at the Madejski Stadium next!! :smilewinkgrin:

Chennells 30+ goals a season for the last 3 seasons, lead us to promotion last year and a cup in the year before and getting better, why wouldn't he be looking to play pro football. Just my opinion but i think as a goal scorer and an all round player he should be at least given a chance.

Fagan was the best young defender I have seen in a very long time. He has everything, great touch, a lot of skill going forward, good in the air, can score goals, good positional skills, is strong and is fit. i would say he could go pro in a few years and they would be the two players Iwould say from last year had the whole package and could play in the football league.

I guess only time and ambition will tell, but it wouldn't surprise me.

PS Willow looked good last night v Ascot, don't write off the Hammer just yet!!!!

You obviously didn't know that he has got good coaching qualifications under his belt.

You obviously must be Simon Lane if you think that means anything! Just speak to players who played under him. Says alot more than a peice of paper.

Just because you have a gun doesn't mean you have the ability to shoot anything!!!

Simon Lane - Nice guy, good at getting good players and possibly a good manager (with teh right number 2). He is not (or was not at Windsor) good at picking the right team or the right tactics. The crowing glory was against Bracknell away when he played a centre forward on the right wing, a centre forward on the left wing and a centre forward at he point of the midfield behind the man playing centre forward, who was a centre back. Not quite sure what page of the coaching manual that was on but shock upon shock we lost that game.

Marlow away anyone, 3-0 up at half time and Marlow change their shape and start to dominate, do we a) close our eyes and hope the naughty home team go away and stop playing well, or B) change the shape and formation and consolidate 3 points. Same questions asked at 3-1, 3-2 and 3-3. At 5-3 down it was laughable and Simon was forever cemented in history as the genius tactician that he has become today.

However, I would say Simon in a management set up could be a valuable asset, just don't let him near the team sheet or the tactics board!!!!

I'd better get on the phone quick to johnson hippolyte and tell him that the A licence isnt worth anything and that he has a tactically inept coach on his hands.cheesy%20(2).gif

yes anyone can buy a gun yes but to be able to shoot properly you need a licence and training. Hardly a good comparison in favour of your argument.

The qualification IS the gun in the analagy, what you need is a skill to use the gun/qualification. Evidence is the main part of the argument here, when did he show the ability he has to obtain the qualification whilst managing Windsor?

But I don't dislike the guy and wish him well, after all he did bring Chennells to the club.

• 4 weeks later...

The qualification IS the gun in the analagy, what you need is a skill to use the gun/qualification. Evidence is the main part of the argument here, when did he show the ability he has to obtain the qualification whilst managing Windsor?

But I don't dislike the guy and wish him well, after all he did bring Chennells to the club.

Woody/Fuzzy

This is the first (and last) time I have posted on this forum. Having just read your comments, I felt I should add a wee bit of perspective. It is a shame you felt the need to dwell in the past and have never spoke with me about such things face to face.

However, I guess you are entitled to your opinion. Of course way back then, the Marlow game was bitterly disappointing. Certainly no one was more disappointed than me and I paid a heavy price a few games later, even though we had turned the corner and got a few key players back. That disappointment was put into context when I remember losing three of the back four during the game, having to reshuffle a team already without 8 first team players and the GK having a nightmare by his own admission (i’m not sure if he’s ever played at that level again). It certainly was a freak game.

You may also remember my tactical ineptness at the wins at Champions Farnborough, Premier Champions - Hampton and Richmond, Oxford City, Didcot and Clevedon away, the magnificent performance at Folkestone, pushing Conference South Newport County so close, and maybe one or two other wins along the way. Guess I got lucky.

I will always know that the bulk of the squad that just got you promoted were my boys, (I worked with Michael since he was 17) and I was as proud as anyone that they finished the job I began when the club had been relegated. Sometimes our memory plays tricks on us doesn’t it?

Anyway, I can confirm that both the UEFA A licence and the FA Academy Managers licence require a great deal of work and ability to pass and they do not actually come free in a box of cornflakes. I am sorry you didn’t feel you got the benefit of that experience.

Despite your comments, *and the forum campaign of “rival” managers to get my job at the time, I will always consider Windsor my club. I have a lot of affection for it and its people and indeed have already offered any help I can give Peter, Dave Mudge and Byron this year, *given the position they’ve been put in.

I am always made welcome at Windsor and always look forward to seeing the supporters, players and staff. This was shown a few weeks ago when I came back with Maidenhead.

I genuinely wish you all the very best for the future. Time to move on I think.

*Cue for another posting under cover ......... ;-)

Now now Mr Lane, coming on here using your real name and upsetting our so-called supporters by telling the truth - whatever next ?

There's an old saying - 'You can't educate Pork !' so we've actually given up as far as Woody is concerned.

I bet you're just as pleased as us that Michael's finally getting the chance to show someone what he can do, let's hope it all works out well.