Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v halifax

Hi,

You came to the Shay this afternoon determined for a point. Mallon's goal in the 84th minute was no more than Town deserved. You defended well over the 90 mins but were short of ideas up front. Our keeper Clint Davies didn't have a shot to save. We could and should have had more than one. Grateful for the win though.

Good luck for the rest of the season. From Kel at www.halifaxtown-mad.co.uk

Their keeper didn't have much to do, as all our chances fell to Jimmy Strouts !!

We created chances in both the first and second halves...

We done Ok , and to be honest more than deserved a point, especially as they should have been down to 10 men for the last 20 mins or so, but the ref bottled it and only yellow carded instead.

it was a good performance , but the lack of a striker is a problem. We all know that Lee Shearer is not the answer.

Lets get one in before its too late......

I thought Fleet played well today and were unlucky to conceed late on. Although we took some time to settle there were spells in the second-half when I thought yeah, we could win this!

Fleets football is definately more affective when it's played on the ground. I was very impressed with Pennock today, nothing seemed to get past him. It's true that forwards positions are a problem though. The movement up front off the ball is poor. Halifax defenders (lumbering types) seemed comfortable until the ball went wide, although just knocking balls into the channels everytime is too predictable. I'd like to see the team attack as a unit and not sit too deep. they seem to invite teams 'on' and have a weak counter punch. When we attack it seems it's case of ' it's up to you now forward players' rather than taking the game to the oposition in a concerted fashion

Having said all that I thoroughly enjoyed the game today, in fact apart from a certain FA Cup tie I'd say it's the best Fleet game I've seen to date - Despite having made the daft mistake of entering at the 'home' turnstiles. Mind it gave me a chance to assess the Fleet fans - I counted 49 by-the-way!

BB

Agree with BB, yes we were bit defensive, but we played so much better than of late.

Good all round performances, with again Pennock the grand master in defence.

Not going to labour the point, but as we all have said time and again what we really need is a striker and we will look much more complete. Shearer battled well yesterday, but with Abbey injured it made it hard for us.

Well done to all who travelled to Halifax, I enjoyed the day, but would have loved to have travelled back with a point.

Thanks to the lads for coming over to thank us for travelling, it is much appreciated.