Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures & Results - 10/11 August

Good to know that we can still rely on dedicated SSML fans to set the standard Keeps when lesser inferior services let you down.

Loosely - Were your ears on fire by any chance at about 10.00pm last night when Tony came into the bar at Hertford Town, the Langford players really seem to worship the ground he walks on unlike when he was at Southill Alexander

Can't say they were Rhodes, I mean I know you are a boring f*cker but I would have thought Tony "The Strangler" had more of a life.

100 % records also for Hadley & Hoddesdon. I know it's still early days but it's always good to get early points on the board. I maybe wrong but if I remember rightly Hoddy always used to struggle early on because they were always away from home. 6 points from 6 on your travels is always a great start.

Keeps - You're making yourself busy with putting the results on here, what are you trying to prove.

I see Sport London e Benfica finally played tonight, I have it on good authority that Referee Mr Tavener went over on his ankle before the game and Mr Panayiotou, who just so happened to be in the crowd, kindly offered his services as a linesman Jimmy Hill style at Highbury in 1972.

alright willo how u been? im still not playing football i said i was gonna take a break from football and now its time to get back into it all i need is someone who is willing to train me and put me in the right direction,so if there is any team whatever division who remembers me from when i was with kentish town then pm

alright willo how u been? im still not playing football i said i was gonna take a break from football and now its time to get back into it all i need is someone who is willing to train me and put me in the right direction,so if there is any team whatever division who remembers me from when i was with kentish town then pm

How far are you prepared to travel and where from may help some Managers on here, and apart from goalkeeper, what is your fav position on the bench LOL, seriously for those that dont know you let them know your main position

Some reports from Tuesday evenings encounters, more to follow:

PREMIER DIVISION

Broxbourne Boro V&E 0-1 Haringey Borough

http://www.haringeyboroughfc.com/index.php?p=games&s=details&ID=117061&conf=&div=

Chalfont St Peter 3-2 Leverstock Green

http://www.levgreenfc.co.uk/MatchReport.php?File=20100810

Colney Heath 0-2 Hillingdon Borough

Harefield United 0-3 Kingsbury London Tigers

Hatfield Town 4-0 Biggleswade United

Hertford Town 1-1 Langford

http://www.hertfordtownfc.co.uk/langford10_8_10.html

Holmer Green 2-2 Hanwell Town

http://www.hgfc1908.freeserve.co.uk/

Royston Town 1-0 St Margaretsbury

Stotfold 0-3 Dunstable Town

Tring Athletic 4-2 Aylesbury United

http://www.tafc.co.uk/report.php?fixture_id=1315

DIVISION ONE

Amersham Town 1-2 St Albans City Reserves

http://www.sacfc.co.uk/index.php/news/latest-club-news/1274-reserves-triumph.html

Cockfosters 0-2 London Colney

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/londoncolneyfc/?section=clubnews&news_id=153857

Cranfield United 0-2 Bedford

Harpenden Town 3-2 New Bradwell St Peter

Kings Langley 5-3 Ampthill Town

Stony Stratford Town 1-4 Buckingham Athletic

http://www.buckinghamathletic.co.uk/news/stony-stratford-1-buckingham-athletic-4

Sun Postal Sports P Berkhamsted

PREMIER DIVISION

Harefield United 0-3 Kingsbury Lndn Tigers

A report on this one from Tuesday evening from another's Forum, a cup of tea seems a little pricey! The headcount was only out by 14 unlike at Hatfield Town on Saturday:

Spartan South Midlands Premier Division

Harefield United 0 Kingsbury London Tigers 3 Att: 35 (h/c)

Adults: £6 with prog C/Burger: £2.30 Tea £1

Very enjoyable evening out in the company of Wickite, made even better by my first sighting on a public road of a Mk1 Lancia Y, only ever seen one at car shows before, this one was turning across us in the centre of Harefield. Don't think my driver understood or appreciated the shrieks and screams from his passenger, who'd suddenly turned into a 12 yr old. Did it for me, though!

Heavy rain leading up to kick off had no effect on the pitch, supporters were advised at HT by the PA bloke that it was the best at Step 5, though he also mentioned that if you'd parked your car illegally on the main road, there were traffic wardens about! Highly unlikely at 8.30pm on a Tues eve.

Tidy ground, wooden fence instead of railings surrounding the pitch, small seated stand on the entrance side, held up by wooden posts that had seen their fair share of woodworm feasting on them, large cover opposite, behind the dugouts, holding up the 'Welcome to Preston Park' sign. I'm informed this cover came from Hillingdon Boroughs old ground, light blue paint still visible in certain areas.

A nice sized clubhouse, with plenty of cups and photos on show is located at the side of the car park. Food also available from here, which is a bit of a trek during the game. No food or drinks available inside the ground.

As for the game, Harefield won the first 5 minutes, but once Kingsbury scored from a disputed free kick after 7 minutes, they were second best. Surprisingly still only 0-1 at half time, this only lasted four minutes into the second half, when a lovely glancing header doubled the lead. It took until the last couple of minutes for Kingsbury to finally notch the third, but in all honesty they should have won by at least double the final scoreline.

A late finish due to some debateable 'injuries' left me tight for my train at Slough, made it by the skin of my teeth as the thing had the audacity to actually arrive on time! No, i didn't believe it either, but luckily it reverted to type and sat there for five minutes, meaning my coronary inducing 100yd sprint to catch it was all in vain

PREMIER DIVISION

A, shall we say, interesting report and photograph on this one from Tuesday evening from another's Forum, I'll be interested to know how Hatfield Town derive at their attendance figures:

Tuesday 10 August 2010: Hatfield Town 4-0 Biggleswade United : Spartan Premier; att: 80; Entry £5; programme issued.

Hatfield Town have returned this season to play at the large Gosling Sports Park in Welwyn Garden City – a venue I had never got around to visiting in the past - and the chance to go there made up for my disappointment over not being able to get to my club’s League Cup game in Swindon. The pitch is surrounded by a six-lane running track, which itself is then surrounded by a steeply pitched cycle track; all this leaving spectators well away from the action. Three sides are backed by steep grass banking, home to a substantial rabbit population. Whilst it is possible to walk around to the far side, all the spectator facilities are concentrated on the west side. The main feature is a large stand, with eight rows of red, plastic, tip-up seats and some bulky support pillars. At the front are some covered terrace steps, and there is a small block of uncovered terracing to the side. Joint-Chairman Ted Collie told us that the club had spent £30,000 (all covered by sponsors) bringing the ground up to scratch to satisfy both the Spartan League and the FA Cup graders. Expenditure included sharpening up the many floodlights, lots of new signage, trainers’ benches and a segregated walkway to get the players to the rather distant dressing rooms. Above the stand is a plush bar and this provides a very elevated view of the game from its balcony – an option taken by a proportion of the small crowd (I counted 46 – the official 80 must have included some of the people in the bar who were not there to watch the match as such). I’ve put a ground photo at this link:

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/39120539

There had been teething problems at the first game here on Saturday – a lack of lights in the toilets, not enough mugs in the tea bar, a lack of change at the pay desk. But the club seem determined to smooth things, and the move to this ground is described as ‘semi-permanent’; they harbour plans to develop a ground of their own back in Hatfield.

From the kick-off it was clear that Hatfield were much the better side in this contest and they won with ease, two further ‘goals’ being disallowed for offside in addition to the four that stood. Biggleswade heads seemed to drop disappointingly early.

A rather rudimentary tea bar was in operation beside the stand, providing just tea or coffee. It did have the twin advantages of some good banter and very cheap prices – in fact, drinks were free of charge. More hot drinks, plus sandwiches were available (at cost) in the bar – and we missed a hot food counter within the leisure centre which had closed by half time. A decent enough match programme sold for £1 on entry. Not a bad evening at all.

DIVISION ONE

Crawley Green 2-2 Bedford Town Reserves

A report on this one from last night from another's Forum, I will be surprised if Crawley Green did only print twenty programmes as it's not like them:

SOUTH MIDLANDS LEAGUE

Third game of the season for me and the last of my "warm-ups". And the first to end in a draw with which Crawley will be disappointed after blowing a two goal lead and letting Bedford score in injury time.

Programmes had sold out when I got there (apparently they only printed 20, underestimating the Bedford support (consisting mostly of WAGs)), but some kind fan left his copy on the table in the clubhouse, so I was able to snaffle it and keep up my record.

Next up, the hard work starts for Leighton with a visit to Beanoland and the chance to sample the fruits of his labours.

Some reports from last night:

PREMIER DIVISION

Hadley 2-1 Oxhey Jets

http://www.oxheyjets.com/index.html

DIVISION ONE

London Lions 1-2 AFC Dunstable

http://www.londonlions.com/view_far.php?id=3282&Team_id=22&played=yes&Type=1

Sport London e Benfica 0-1 Hoddesdon Town

Wodson Park 2-0 Welwyn Garden City

PREMIER DIVISION

A, shall we say, interesting report and photograph on this one from Tuesday evening from another's Forum, I'll be interested to know how Hatfield Town derive at their attendance figures:

Tuesday 10 August 2010: Hatfield Town 4-0 Biggleswade United : Spartan Premier; att: 80; Entry £5; programme issued.

Hatfield Town have returned this season to play at the large Gosling Sports Park in Welwyn Garden City – a venue I had never got around to visiting in the past - and the chance to go there made up for my disappointment over not being able to get to my club’s League Cup game in Swindon. The pitch is surrounded by a six-lane running track, which itself is then surrounded by a steeply pitched cycle track; all this leaving spectators well away from the action. Three sides are backed by steep grass banking, home to a substantial rabbit population. Whilst it is possible to walk around to the far side, all the spectator facilities are concentrated on the west side. The main feature is a large stand, with eight rows of red, plastic, tip-up seats and some bulky support pillars. At the front are some covered terrace steps, and there is a small block of uncovered terracing to the side. Joint-Chairman Ted Collie told us that the club had spent £30,000 (all covered by sponsors) bringing the ground up to scratch to satisfy both the Spartan League and the FA Cup graders. Expenditure included sharpening up the many floodlights, lots of new signage, trainers’ benches and a segregated walkway to get the players to the rather distant dressing rooms. Above the stand is a plush bar and this provides a very elevated view of the game from its balcony – an option taken by a proportion of the small crowd (I counted 46 – the official 80 must have included some of the people in the bar who were not there to watch the match as such). I’ve put a ground photo at this link:

http://www.panoramio.../photo/39120539

There had been teething problems at the first game here on Saturday – a lack of lights in the toilets, not enough mugs in the tea bar, a lack of change at the pay desk. But the club seem determined to smooth things, and the move to this ground is described as ‘semi-permanent’; they harbour plans to develop a ground of their own back in Hatfield.

From the kick-off it was clear that Hatfield were much the better side in this contest and they won with ease, two further ‘goals’ being disallowed for offside in addition to the four that stood. Biggleswade heads seemed to drop disappointingly early.

A rather rudimentary tea bar was in operation beside the stand, providing just tea or coffee. It did have the twin advantages of some good banter and very cheap prices – in fact, drinks were free of charge. More hot drinks, plus sandwiches were available (at cost) in the bar – and we missed a hot food counter within the leisure centre which had closed by half time. A decent enough match programme sold for £1 on entry. Not a bad evening at all.

Come along and count yourself next time . Then , afterwards you could find out how deep stanborough lake is for us .

How far are you prepared to travel and where from may help some Managers on here, and apart from goalkeeper, what is your fav position on the bench LOL, seriously for those that dont know you let them know your main position

You don't want to put Tommy on the bench :-) His fav position is at the tea bar. I love you you southern shandy drinking poof

all i need is someone who is willing to train me and put me in the right direction, so if there is any team whatever division who remembers me from when i was with kentish town then pm

Tommy - You will always be welcomed back with open arms at the Copthall Stadium, I'm sure Rak has already texted you

PREMIER DIVISION

Hadley 2-1 Oxhey Jets

A report on this one from another's Forum from Wednesday evening. Hadley have certainly started the new campaign like a house on fire!:

Hadley v Oxhey Jets - South Midlands Premier Division

Res 2-1 - Att 75 - Admission £5.00 - Prog 32 Pages £1.00

Strange match this. On 89 minutes commented to 'Super Kev' that for the second time that we had met at a match this season the outcome was going to be 0-0. Neither side looked remotely like scoring.

Then just as the 0-0 spector was hovering dangerously overhead, a surging run by the impressive Jesse Reynolds led to a lunging mistimed challenge just inside the box and a penalty award which Marcel Jones converted. Within 90 seconds Oxhey were level after a powerful run and shot from Wayne Gladdy. Then in the third minute of stoppage time the Oxhey defence was conspicuous by it's absence as a cross was converted by Aaron Eales.

A surprising outcome given what had been witnessed before.

just the 6 goals so far for Blaise O'Brien at Hanwell this season! goal machine!

feck off NB ......... long time since you popped up on here.

unfortunately you'll never fully get away from me! sorry

as for Burnham, expect a tough game, very physical side, back 4 dont and wont play football, centre backs are animals and they love a long ball but do have a couple of good creative players, all work hard too, you will do well to beat them in my opinion

sorry didnt realise u meant Burnham Ramblers, in there case i know feck all about them which should be no shock to some on this forum :stupid:

Edited by neutralbob

just the 6 goals so far for Blaise O'Brien at Hanwell this season! goal machine!

feck off NB ......... long time since you popped up on here.

unfortunately you'll never fully get away from me! sorry

as for Burnham, expect a tough game, very physical side, back 4 dont and wont play football, centre backs are animals and they love a long ball but do have a couple of good creative players, all work hard too, you will do well to beat them in my opinion

sorry didnt realise u meant Burnham Ramblers, in there case i know feck all about them which should be no shock to some on this forum :stupid:

same old banter........ who you playing for now days?