Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fixtures & Results - Saturday 4 September

Division Two

0 8 Bletchley Town v The 61 FC

A report on this one:

15:00 @ Manor Fields

Spartan South Midlands Lge. Div. 2

Att. 35

Bletchley Town 0 The 61 FC (Luton) 8

It felt strange to stand on the terracing at Manor Fields after the best part of twenty years. Back then it was covered, the struts remain but the back and covering panels have been removed allowing access to the overgrown bushes behind. On the opposite side the foundation and basic structure of the once seated stand remain, although again minus roof, sides and seats. Fencing also missing, very much a case of work in progress.

Pretty much a case of work to do with the Bletchley team as well who lost 1 striker for a straight red early in the first half and a teammate nearly joined him, both kicking out at a 61 defender after a bad challenge. The extra man gave the visitors the edge and when a second Bletchley striker was dismissed (again a straight red for a very late challenge) and Town's keeper retired injured the home side left with just 8 on the field were routed as 61 made advantage of the defensive gaps.

Derek Dougan is King - Tring Corinthians had one of the results of the day on Saturday if not the result of the day, were you there

Yesterday's attendances and some reports. Do we know why Oxhey Jets Reserves v AFC Dunstable Reserves was abandoned as I don't recall it raining:

Saturday 4 September

F.A. Vase First Qualifying Round

0 1 AFC Kempston Rovers v Hadley

5 3 Basildon United v Kings Langley

0 5 Bedfont Sports v AFC Dunstable

3 1 Bedford v Hoddesdon Town

2 2 Buckingham Athletic v Barkingside (aet)

http://www.barkingsi....pl?news=403052

2 3 Bucks Students Union v Harefield United

4 2 Dunstable Town v Hanwell Town (aet)

http://www.dunstable...org.uk/live.php

3 0 Hertford Town v Mauritius Sports Association UK

http://www.hertfordtownfc.co.uk/

1 1 Holmer Green v Newport Pagnell Town (aet, Newport Pagnell Town 6-5 on pens)

http://nptfcadmin.pr...lay&thread=1338

0 1 Kingsbury London Tigers v Southend Manor

1 1 Langford v Mountnessing (aet)

3 1 Sawbridgeworth Town v Hatfield Town

1 2 St Margaretsbury v Oxhey Jets

http://www.oxheyjets.com/

2 1 Stanway Rovers v Broxbourne Borough (aet)

4 2 Wantage Town v London Colney

1 0 Welwyn Garden City v Crawley Green

4 1 Wodson Park v Feltham

Challenge Trophy First Round

0 3 MK Wanderers v Bedford Town Reserves

P Aston Clinton v Chalfont St Peter

1 3 Kent Athletic v New Bradwell St Peter

1 2 Brache Sparta Community v Cranfield United

1 2 Old Bradwell United v St Albans City Reserves

4 0 Totternhoe v Caddington

3 2 Mursley United v Stony Stratford Town (aet)

Premier Division

4 0 Colney Heath v Biggleswade United

1 3 Haringey Borough v Aylesbury United

http://www.haringeyb...18217&conf==

3 3 Hillingdon Borough v Leverstock Green

http://www.levgreenf...p?File=20100904

1 2 Stotfold v Kentish Town

1 1 Tring Athletic v Royston Town

Division One

4 4 Ampthill Town v Berkhamsted

http://thecomrades.wordpress.com/

2 3 Cockfosters v Sun Postal Sports

8 1 Harpenden Town v Sport London e Benfica

3 1 London Lions v Amersham Town

Division Two

0 8 Bletchley Town v The 61 FC

3 0 Risborough Rangers v Pitstone & Ivinghoe

0 0 Tring Corinthians v Padbury United

Reserve Division One

0 3 Crawley Green Reserves v Holmer Green Reserves

3 5 Hadley Reserves v Langford Reserves

2 1 Hatfield Town Reserves v Ampthill Town Reserves

1 6 Kings Langley Reserves v Stotfold Reserves

2 0 London Colney Reserves v Hoddesdon Town Reserves

A Oxhey Jets Reserves v AFC Dunstable Reserves

3 1 Royston Town Reserves v Cockfosters Reserves

2 2 Wodson Park Reserves v Harpenden Town Reserves

Reserve Division Two

6 0 London Lions Reserves v Bletchley Town Reserves

1 2 New Bradwell St Peter Reserves v Welwyn Garden City Reserves

0 5 Pitstone & Ivinghoe Reserves v Old Bradwell United Reserves

3 0 Stony Stratford Town Reserves v Kent Athletic Reserves

1 1 Sun Postal Sports Reserves v Totternhoe Reserves

4 0 The 61 FC Reserves v Risborough Rangers Reserves

Game abandoned due to Injured Dunstable player (not sure how serious) delayed by ambulance taking an hour to arrive and eventually be abandoned

Edited by KerryDixon

Cheers Rhodesy. I had a friendly with the ressies but got back for the last ten where we could have pinched it.

I think too many people from the surrounding villages are living in cloud cuckoo land....could have pinched it, would have been daylight robbery if you had but, fair play for your boys for making a conest of it, your keeper was top draw and the defence were very resolute.

As for both sides having a goal each disallowed in the last 5 mins...that was the officals all day, maybe they'd had a tenner each at Paddy Power on this being a 0-0.

Derek Dougan is King - So it wasn't backs to the wall stuff and all hands to the pump for ninety minutes then, that's very interesting as Padbury United can't be all they are cracked up to be this season!

Derek Dougan is King - So it wasn't backs to the wall stuff and all hands to the pump for ninety minutes then, that's very interesting as Padbury United can't be all they are cracked up to be this season!

It woz 1 game Rhodes don't get all excited about it lol Padbury ain't on a slippery slope cause they got held to a nil nil against a very spirited tring side...it's football it happens sometimes...!!!

Actually Cliff we were fibbing, yes they did get into our half once, but thats only because the ball rolled back down the slope LOL.

It woz 1 game Rhodes don't get all excited about it lol Padbury ain't on a slippery slope cause they got held to a nil nil against a very spirited tring side...it's football it happens sometimes...!!!

Mr Angry - Well let us use another game as an example then, the narrow 2-1 win at Pitsone & Ivinghoe last month, I don't believe Padbury United were Worldbeaters that day either!

Cliff, Mr Angry I would guess is too wise to fall for your bait of trying to wind him up, anyway I know you like to listen to village gossip but at this rate you'll be telling us it's because you used to be The Village People's number 1 fan, was it the cowboy that done it for you, or the Red Indian....haha

Last chance lol and as for the conniburrow clubhouse its a shame they didnt burn down the WHOLE of conniburrow mind you it was posh when i lived there 27 years ago LOL

Behave, at this rate you'll be saying Netherfield is the Windsor of MK lol

Cliff, Mr Angry I would guess is too wise to fall for your bait of trying to wind him up, anyway I know you like to listen to village gossip but at this rate you'll be telling us it's because you used to be The Village People's number 1 fan, was it the cowboy that done it for you, or the Red Indian....haha

I was not actually baiting Mr Angry and was perfectly serious that Padbury United were found out on Saturday and couldn't beat a team who had previously lost 4-1at home to Totternhoe and struggled to beat beleaguered Bletchley Town 3-1 at home.

Saturday 4 September

Result of the day Tring C 0 v 0 Padbury Utd.....you reckon, so that eclipses say:-

Bedford 3 v 1 Hoddeson in the FA Vase or

Mursley 3 v 2 Stony Stratford in the Challenge Trophy or

Ampthill 4 v 4 Berkhamsted in Division 1

On par, but not THE result of the day

Edited by ref off ref

hello. oh dear i did not no brache had a game on saturday v cranfield. i have been on holiday and just have seen it in the cup. that is not good because simon and me wolud have wanted to watch and maybe simon could play. he will be not happy again for missing that. maybe i shoold not tell him he is still angry when he missed the game v padbury and my sister is now okay with me. my boss said he nos of other teams close to us we may try if brache do not want simon so we may llok to see that. i will speak to my uncle later to see if he no brache play cranfield and if he watched.