Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Managerial Vacancy at Langford FC

John Barnes - It's an interesting one, Langford beat Kentish Town 5-2 recently in the Division 1 Cup so if they struggle tomorrow then clearly letting Tony Armitage go was a huge mistake

I agree

John Barnes - Well that's a first to be agreed with. Kentish Town played a strong side at Langford in the Division 1 Cup recently, including Lee Scott, so if they draw or win tomorrow at Forde Park that will say it all

How did they get on tonight???

I see that there is further comment from Tuesday night on another's Website, Tony Armitage would never have allowed Langford to go to sleep as he was constantly firing the team up from the touchline:

Was also at this. Langford looked poor, especially after conceding the first. A penalty was awarded and treatment was required for a Utd player which resulted in a 2 min delay. In that time Langford switched off and conceded a 2nd moments after the penalty. Aylesbury then went 3 up before realising that's not the way to do things and promptly let Langford back in it, 3-1. It was soon 4-1 before Langford scored a late 2nd.

As mentioned Langford's position is looking dodgy. Aylesbury Utd look like finishing top 5, fingers crossed...

John Barnes - It's an interesting one, Langford beat Kentish Town 5-2 recently in the Division 1 Cup so if they struggle tomorrow then clearly letting Tony Armitage go was a huge mistake

Was on the line for this one.

Kentish Town were the better team in the first half but a half time rollicking from the Langford manager (could hear it from my dressing room!) inspired them to a very impressive second half performance.

If they play like they did in the second period that night for the remainder of the season then they will start to pick up points.

so if they draw or win tomorrow at Forde Park that will say it all

I think yesterday's 1-1 draw at Forde Park said it all

I think Langford are having a total mere

No one has mentioned Langfords howlers in their programme. First they welcomed us as Dunstable Town, then under the heading the history of Aylesbury United they gave Aylesbury FC history and to add insult to injury they had the Aylesbury FC team line up.

Taken from Aylesbury United website.

Why did they appoint a manager with such a bad record to get them out of this mess? You expect to see a reaction and get at least one win from your first 3 games.

John Barnes - As I've said before it seems crazy that the Club's heirarchy didn't appoint Tony Armitage rather than just letting him go, to beat Kentish Town 5-2 in the Premier Division Cup was right up there with Sunderland winning 3-0 at Chelsea yesterday

• 3 weeks later...

John Barnes - I have to say that I agree with every word you say, I was always Langford's biggest fan however when they let Tony Armitage go, instead of appointing him as Manager, they went down in my estimation as he was on the verge of turning the Club's fortunes around this season.