Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Kentish Town's Future In Doubt

KNOWALL - Well I can assure you that Kentish Town do, why do you think Nellie hasn't appeared recently to rebut the news that Saracens Rugby Club will be moving into the Copthall Stadium, lock stock and barrel, next season. The good news however is that, from what I understand, Kentish Town hold an official lease on the tea and burger bar at the stadium so the Club will presumably line their pockets at very well attended rugby matches.

It would appear that Kentish Town's worst fears will be realised according to this thread and the following hard hitting quote 'well done Watford FC on claiming your own stadium back. Just a shame that Kentish Town FC no doubt will be booted out and homeless yet again......dont suppose Saracens care though!!!':

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/watfordfc/watfordfcnews/8628204.Pictures_of_Saracens__Copthall_plans/?ref=rss

You seem to have a thing about Nellie and Kentish Town FC, after reading your past posts?

KNOWALL - Not at all, what gives you that impression

KNOWALL - Well like I said earlier what gives you that impression from my previous posts, give an example. I'm merely highlighting Kentish Town's serious predicament whereby the Club are likely to find themselves homeless again next season.

Sorry to go on about it folks but there's a really informative piece on Saracens Website about the rugby club's innovative plans for the Copthall Stadium with numerous posts from fans giving their approval, Vicarage Road's loss will certainly be the Copthall Stadium's gain:

http://www.saracens.com/news/view.php?Id=6143

Sorry to go on about it folks but there's a really informative piece on Saracens Website about the rugby club's innovative plans for the Copthall Stadium with numerous posts from fans giving their approval, Vicarage Road's loss will certainly be the Copthall Stadium's gain:

http://www.saracens....iew.php?Id=6143

It's not whether the fans give it their approval - it's whether the Local Authority Planning Department do!

http://www.saracens....iew.php?Id=6143

I was warned this site had a parasite on here, how true, you are one complete knob mate

Clock End - That's a bit harsh isn't it, so do you know different then, aren't Saracens moving into the Copthall Stadium next season

It's not whether the fans give it their approval - it's whether the Local Authority Planning Department do!

Horace - Do you really think Barnet Council will be silly enough to stand in Saracens way when they will bring so much to the table, it's a no brainer

Horace - Do you really think Barnet Council will be silly enough to stand in Saracens way when they will bring so much to the table, it's a no brainer

We shall see.

Horace - If only Nellie would come on to put us in the picture, she is very conspicuous by her absence isn't she

Horace - If only Nellie would come on to put us in the picture, she is very conspicuous by her absence isn't she

I admire her restraint in not biting at your bait! She has more sense than to get involved in a debate with you!

Another club Rhodes was involved in then about to be cremated......be warned WGC

It's a pity that Rhode's future isn't in doubt

It will be if I ever get my hands on the scruffbag.

I see that Saracens proposed plans to redevelop the Copthall Stadium have attracted a keen interest from the high profile 'London Organising Committee for the Olympic and Paralympic Games' and could well be used as a training base for the 2012 Olympics. Neil Snowball, Head of Sport Operations for the Games themselves said 'LOCOG included the Barnet Copthall Stadium in its Official pre-games training camp guide that was presented to the 205 National Olympic Committees and the 162 National Paralympic Committees at the Beijing Olympics in 2008. We have recently seen Saracens plans for the stadium and believes that with the additional investment in the facilities combined with the close proximity to London will prove to be an excellent venue for one of the Olympic or Paralympic teams that are looking for a preparation camp prior to the games in 2012'. Saracens forward thinking Chairman Nigel Wray said: 'we would obviously be delighted if Barnet Copthall Stadium became an Olympic training venue as a result of our innovative plans to revive the Stadium, our proposals will create a facility that will provide a positive and lasting legacy for the local Community'.

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/localsport/8671711.Sarries__new_home_could_be_used_as_Olympic_training_base/

Horace - Further to the valid point you made above, someone also raised the Planning issue on another internet Forum (see below) but I really can't see it being a problem for Saracens particularly as money is no object. I remember from experience when I was negotiating the use of the Copthall Stadium for Kentish Town with Barnet Council how they operate:

'Will be interesting to see what happens when it becomes abundantly clear that they will not have the ground ready for the start of next season. Will take some pretty big brown envelopes to get the planning permission through soon enough to give them any chance of completing the necessary construction work. Can't see how if they needed 14,000 attendance to break even that having a ground with a maximum 10,000 capacity is going to work but what do I know obviously they use a different calculator to me'.