Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Kentish Town's Future In Doubt

It's not whether the fans give it their approval - it's whether the Local Authority Planning Department do!

Horace - Further to the valid point you made above, someone also raised the Planning issue on another internet Forum (see below) but I really can't see it being a problem for Saracens particularly as money is no object. I remember from experience when I was negotiating the use of the Copthall Stadium for Kentish Town with Barnet Council how they operate:

'Will be interesting to see what happens when it becomes abundantly clear that they will not have the ground ready for the start of next season. Will take some pretty big brown envelopes to get the planning permission through soon enough to give them any chance of completing the necessary construction work. Can't see how if they needed 14,000 attendance to break even that having a ground with a maximum 10,000 capacity is going to work but what do I know obviously they use a different calculator to me'.

There is no chance, in my humble opinion, of permission being granted in time for work to be completed ready for the start of next season. Local Authorities work to specific guidlines in considering planning applications and have to take account of many things, including objections from local residents. Do you really think that there will not be a concerted local campaign to stop 10-15,000 rugger buggers descending on their community on a regular basis?

Edited by Horace

Will take some pretty big brown envelopes to get the planning permission through

Horace - Well maybe the guy who posted this knows something we don't, money talks doesn't it

Will take some pretty big brown envelopes to get the planning permission through

Horace - Well maybe the guy who posted this knows something we don't, money talks doesn't it

Now if the council were able to sell the site for housing development , that would be another matter, but I can't see them being excited over this venture. Are you suggesting that there are corrupt officials and/ or councillors at Barrnet Council?

Are you suggesting that there are corrupt officials and/ or councillors at Barrnet Council?

Horace - What I'm saying is that Saracens seem desperate to find a new home at all costs and I'm sure some palms will be greased in the process, unfortunately for Kentish Town it looks very much like the end of their tenure at the Copthall Stadium at the end of this season and the Club will be left homeless again

Are you suggesting that there are corrupt officials and/ or councillors at Barrnet Council?

Horace - What I'm saying is that Saracens seem desperate to find a new home at all costs and I'm sure some palms will be greased in the process, unfortunately for Kentish Town it looks very much like the end of their tenure at the Copthall Stadium at the end of this season and the Club will be left homeless again

So you are saying that there arre somre corrupt officials/ councillors on Barnet Council? May I quote you?

Horace - Well all I'm saying is that it must go on mustn't it. It's a shame this has happened to Kentish Town as they appear to have turned the corner particularly after last night's impressive win over Hanwell Town although it wouldn't surprise me if they groundshared with Haringey Borough next season or even until their new Chase Lodge home is ready to play at and host Step 5 football.

Thought he was a nice bloke when I met him. Shame to see him go but hope he does well in getting back into playing.

Plus he done well at KTFC with some good results.applaus.gif

Will he stay and play at KTFC or is he off to play higher up the levels?

Robbie - Like I said on the other thread I'm surprised Rak didn't just stay put at Kentish Town and be Player Manager although, as you know yourself, it can be difficult to wear the two hats and have eyes in the back of your head

I note that Saracens innovative plans to overhaul the Copthall Stadium will go on display to the Public this weekend. The first in a series of exciting exhibitions, hosted by the Rugby Club, takes place at the Stadium this Sunday between 12.00 and 4.00pm with two others being held at the nearby Copthall School on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings between 5.00 and 9.00pm:

http://www.times-series.co.uk/news/topstories/8685416.Copthall_stadium_exhibition_this_weekend/

BUFC - That's something I would expect from Ref Off Ref, I wonder what he is doing with himself these days and whether he's going to Finchampstead today

An interesting article from today's Daily Telegraph confirming that Saracens high profile move to the Copthall Stadium is all but signed, sealed and delivered:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/club/8100308/Saracens-defeat-to-Exeter-tempered-by-news-of-move-to-Barnet-Copthall-Stadium-in-2011.html

An interesting article from today's Daily Telegraph confirming that Saracens high profile move to the Copthall Stadium is all but signed, sealed and delivered:

http://www.telegraph...um-in-2011.html

The article confirms that they haven't even submitted a planning application yet. Having recently had dealings with the planning process in connection with a proposed mixed use development, I cannot see how you can say that the move is "signed, sealed and delivered"! Barnet FC's earlier attempt to develop Copthall was foiled by local resident objectors.