Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Sport London e Benfica

I understand that a number of Sport London e Benfica players, currently still registerred to the Club, and sine dined due to outstanding fines, have been approached by other Club's however there appears to be some confusion as to how their playing bans can be lifted. If their prospective new Club's pay off their dues to the Middlesex FA will they then be allowed to transfer and will a deregistration form from the sadly demised Sport London e Benfica still apply.

NeutralFan - Not at all, Welwyn Garden City aren't the slightest bit interested in any former Sport London e Benfica players

NeutralFan - Not at all, Welwyn Garden City aren't the slightest bit interested in any former Sport London e Benfica players

Rhodes How many former SLB players do WGC have ?

I Reckon a few by the looks of their results....No idea why WGC would want any SLB players as they were getting beat every week.

WGC need to starting putting points on the board and soon or they could be playing Div 2 football next season which would be a shame for the club.

The big question is..Do the people there even care what league they are in? I know the sponsor does as for the rest of them..I don't think so.

Rhodes- you make it seem like you know what the club do and don't want. I will tell you want they need. Players who can play and who have experience of this level, not players from lower leagues. I hear on the grapevine in the 5 weeks that the manager has been there he has signed no less then 80 PLAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and out of them 80 they can't get 11 of them to win a game!!!! Don't think i signed 80 players in 3 seasons in fact it was not even close to half that amount.

Rhodes How many former SLB players do WGC have ?

Just two as far as I'm aware

LovetheGame - Where the fu*k do you get your information?? 80 Players cheesy%20%282%29.gif

Some of the misinformation and quotes on these threads is laughable

He's getting confused with the number that you have tapped up directly, not via their clubs!

Even that is laughable Horace and other clubs have illegally "as you put it" tapped up players of mine at least 3 clubs have done it.

So again the misinformation on here is incredible im sure you all have plenty of work to do at your clubs like I have mine.

On a serious note, all this tapping up & wrongful registrations are getting out of hand in some cases.

As someone who has been on the receiving end of this practice recently, I would like to see tough action taken against clubs who act in this way. If you hit clubs in the pocket it may make them think twice or at very least deduct points for every case. I lost 6 players alone last month through sharp practice & we are still trying to recover from it now.

I would like to add none were approached by SSML sides though.

On a serious note, all this tapping up & wrongful registrations are getting out of hand in some cases.

As someone who has been on the receiving end of this practice recently, I would like to see tough action taken against clubs who act in this way. If you hit clubs in the pocket it may make them think twice or at very least deduct points for every case. I lost 6 players alone last month through sharp practice & we are still trying to recover from it now.

I would like to add none were approached by SSML sides though.

My comment to Robbie was backed up by specific information, which I will reveal to him via PM if he wishes.

The problem with policing illegal "tapping" is that evidence is needed to make charges stick, and players are usually unwilling to grass managers up. For the benefit of those who do not read their FA rules, the "7 day approach rule" applies to ANY Saturday player currently signed for another Saturday club, whatever league that might be. For SSML Div 1 managers to think that it is o.k. to tap players from Herts Senior County League sides via Facebook is incorrect. But they always get away with it.

"dual registration" of non contract players is o.k. if the approach to set it up is between the two clubs/ managers / secretarys, although there is provision within standard FA rules for a league to ban such registrations if they wish.

LovetheGame - Where the fu*k do you get your information?? 80 Players cheesy%20%282%29.gif (no need..breath sit down and relax)

Some of the misinformation and quotes on these threads is laughable

Robbie - Unlike Mr Rhodes I only post what I know or what I have been told by people at the clubs. Or I will make a comment on a player or players that I have watched and say what I think. With regards to my post about the players you have signed it comes from what I was told by someone at your club who would and should know.

But the fact is and I will stand by this teams & managers are judged on results and the league table. I know this is your 1st post as a manager and people need to be given time. But at some clubs time is short and they want results straight away. Only you and the people who gave you the job know what you told them you will bring the club and in what time length. I never want to see any manager or club suffer, play bad or bite off more they can chew..(unless your Arsenal) but sometimes it happens. Robbie I wish you well for Saturday.

Thank you Love the Game for your response.:applaus:

It is possible that the club have signed 80 players this year but obviously not 80 in my time in charge.

Yes if the time is given I have no doubt we will do well. If the rain keeps up I doubt any of us will be enjoying football tomorrow :frown:

Robbie - Unlike Mr Rhodes I only post what I know or what I have been told by people at the clubs.

Love the Game - Okay, give me an example of when I have been inaccurate. I actually predicted Sport London e Benfica's eventual demise on the another Forum before they even entered the SSML, it was just a matter of how long they managed to keep their heads above water at a far higher and disciplined level of football than they had previously been accustomed to in the Middlesex League

Robbie - Unlike Mr Rhodes I only post what I know or what I have been told by people at the clubs.

Love the Game - Okay, give me an example of when I have been inaccurate. I actually predicted Sport London e Benfica's eventual demise on the another Forum before they even entered the SSML, it was just a matter of how long they managed to keep their heads above water at a far higher and disciplined level of football than they had previously been accustomed to in the Middlesex League

Rhodes - Nearly every post you make has some inaccurate statement, if I had to list example's of this I would be here for hours. The fact that every post you make is screened speaks volumes.

Love the Game - And what about when I started highlighting Hatfield Town's inaccurate attendance figures, they soon started being a lot more realistic by reporting 50's and 60's as opposed to well over 100.