Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Aung San Suu Kyi

Well Aung San Suu Kyi actually received the prestigious Benazir Bhutto Shaheed Award back in June 2010 for democracy instituted by the Pakistan People's Party in memory of Bhutto so clearly there are similarities between the two women as otherwise she wouldn't have been considered:

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/suu-kyi-receives-benazir-bhutto-shaheed-award-for-democracy/637029/

http://www.mmtimes.com/2012/news/612/news61210.html

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder what Aung San Suu Kyi thinks of Dave Lee Travis now, she must be disgusted!

As I said I wonder what Aung San Suu Kyi must be thinking of the so called 'Hairy Cornflake' following the horrendus revelations about his activities in Court this week

As I said I wonder what Aung San Suu Kyi must be thinking of the so called 'Hairy Cornflake' following the horrendus revelations about his activities in Court this week

What happened to 'Innocent until PROVED guilty'  ?

I always thought there was something not quite right about the so called 'Hairy Cornflake' and much preferred the likes of Simon Bates, Peter Powell, Mike Read, David Jensen, Bruno Brookes and Steve Wright of that golden era of Radio 1 dj's.

• 3 weeks later...

I see that all charges against Coronation Street's Bill Roach were un-surprisingly dropped today however I don't think that the so called 'Hairy Cornflake' will be so fortunate.

• 2 weeks later...

Even though the so called 'Hairy Cornflake' was surprisingly cleared I'm sure the 'special' relationship between him and Aung San Suu Kyi will never be the same again

Well Aung San Suu Kyi wouldn't want to be seen associating with someone like that would she

• 6 months later...

I see that Aung San Suu Kyi is biting the hand that feeds her again and is 'disappointed' with the US's Military policy in Burma, you just can't win with her can you as the Obama administration, and John Kerry in particular, have bent over backwards to work closely with her, Kerry is quoted as saying 'the United States is going to do everything we can to help the reformers in Burma, especially by supporting nationwide elections next year'. What more does this un-grateful woman want:

http://www.irrawaddy.org/commentary/united-states-forgotten-suu-kyi.html

• 5 weeks later...

Like I said I wonder if Aung San Suu Kyi is still the so called 'Hairy Cornflake's' biggest fan following him being found guilty yesterday of a sex attack and facing up to ten years in jail

Like I said I wonder if Aung San Suu Kyi is still the so called 'Hairy Cornflake's' biggest fan following him being found guilty yesterday of a sex attack and facing up to ten years in jail

I've already mentioned his suspended sentence on another thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an interesting article folks on whether the West really want Aung San Suu Kyi to be President of Burma, I think she would be far more trouble than she's worth and if she is successful in next years elections I can't see her lasting five minutes:

http://dassk.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=j9a3rhvkdg72revq6uebf3l853&topic=11144882.0

• 2 months later...

I see that in an article in yesterday's Guardian folks, Aung San Suu Kyi has incredibly been compared to Nelson Mandela, I couldn't think of a lesser comparison and they are more like chalk and cheese. The laughable article goes on to say that 'not many Countries with difficult histories are lucky enough to have such a leader in waiting' however she would not be allowed to lead Burma in any case as the Burmese Constition clearly states that she cannot stand for President in the coming election because her two children, who she deserted at a young age, have married foreigners.

I see that in an article in yesterday's Guardian folks, Aung San Suu Kyi has incredibly been compared to Nelson Mandela, I couldn't think of a lesser comparison and they are more like chalk and cheese. The laughable article goes on to say that 'not many Countries with difficult histories are lucky enough to have such a leader in waiting' however she would not be allowed to lead Burma in any case as the Burmese Constition clearly states that she cannot stand for President in the coming election because her two children, who she deserted at a young age, have married foreigners.

Which just goes to prove what a repressive country it is.

It's human rigfhts record is as bad as China or North Korea.

Big J R - I beg to differ, Aung San Suu Kyi would not see her two young sons or her husband for over ten years despite him dying of cancer aged only 53, all that was needed was a simple unreserved apology to the tolerant Burmese Military regime and her agreement to stop her senseless campaigning but she selfishly didn't want to know. Now, fortunately, it has all come back to bite her as the Burmese Constition categorically states that she cannot stand for President in next years election because her two children are married to foreigners.

Big J R - I beg to differ, Aung San Suu Kyi would not see her two young sons or her husband for over ten years despite him dying of cancer aged only 53, all that was needed was a simple unreserved apology to the tolerant Burmese Military regime and her agreement to stop her senseless campaigning but she selfishly didn't want to know. Now, fortunately, it has all come back to bite her as the Burmese Constition categorically states that she cannot stand for President in next years election because her two children are married to foreigners.

YOU MUST BE JOKING !!!!

YOU MUST BE JOKING !!!!

I've never been more serious in my life, the regime bent over backwards for her and all they asked for was a simple unreserved apology but she just wasn't interested in playing ball with them hence her house arrest.